PDA

View Full Version : How should I finish this experiment?

ZorroGames
2019-11-18, 10:52 AM
Have a PC I never planned to carry this far, Battlemaster Earth Genasi, level 11. Festooned with magic items due to trading unwanted items from games for stuff my PC would use.

Current data.

Grew up living in wilds nearest neighbors Mountain Dwarf clan.

Outlander who learned Smith’s tools as a young adult from Dwarfs.

Fascinated by Sea as adult.

GWF; BM maneuvers are Precision, riposte, trip, feinting attack, sweeping attack, pushing, lunging.

Plays the Bodhra’n passably.

Items collected/traded for -
+2 Maul, +1,+2 versus plants long sword, +1 Short-sword.
Mariner’s plate
Ring of Fire Resistance, Goggles of Night, Cloak of Manta Ray, six potions of Water Breathing. Long story on last acquisition, short version other five players did not want them.

S 20, D 10, CO 18, I 10, W 14, CH 8

The Plan currently:

Fighter 12 for ASI. W +2 to 16.

MC Forge Cleric. Boost W at cleric 4 to 18 and to 20 at Cleric 8.

Viable? What God would be suitable for him?

Spells best for him?

Unk
2019-11-18, 11:11 AM
Excuse me for asking, but how did you get str 20 and con 18 for earth genasi with 3 ASIs (4, 6, 8 lvls) in AL?
AFAIK earth genasi only has +2 con and +1 str

Keravath
2019-11-18, 01:51 PM
Excuse me for asking, but how did you get str 20 and con 18 for earth genasi with 3 ASIs (4, 6, 8 lvls) in AL?
AFAIK earth genasi only has +2 con and +1 str

Using point buy he can start with 16 10 16 10 14 8 for stats for an earth genasi. He then spends 2 ASI on strength and 1 ASI on con to get 20 10 18 10 14 8.

Though, if the character is AL legal then in season 9 they have a magic item limit at level 11 of six items (not including consumables) and they have seven items listed.

---

To the OP, I'm not sure how it will go in tier 4 since I haven't made it that far myself but you should be fine in tier 3. Some of the useful spells might be spiritual weapon at 3rd level cleric to give you a bonus action attack in addition to your 3 attacks with the attack action since you don't have PAM/GWM that would often be used to provide a bonus action attack. Spirit Guardians would be an obvious pick at 5th level cleric for a melee focused character. If you want to boost your AC, shield of faith is a bonus action cast for +2AC at level 1 cleric. Bless and healing word are good as well.

Unk
2019-11-18, 01:58 PM
Using point buy he can start with 16 10 16 10 14 8 for stats for an earth genasi. He then spends 2 ASI on strength and 1 ASI on con to get 20 10 18 10 14 8.

Though, if the character is AL legal then in season 9 they have a magic item limit at level 11 of six items (not including consumables) and they have seven items listed.

Man, a long work day really does a thing with my math.. don't know why, but I counted 16->20 worth of three ASIs =)

ZorroGames
2019-11-18, 06:14 PM

Though, if the character is AL legal then in season 9 they have a magic item limit at level 11 of six items (not including consumables) and they have seven items listed. snip

I would have to pull the original character sheet (I try and make a new one for each level) but that looks familiar.

Not played him in season 9 yet. I can adjust. Though AL games, as mentioned in other threads, is very hard to find now that I moved.

HiveStriker
2019-11-19, 08:48 AM
Have a PC I never planned to carry this far, Battlemaster Earth Genasi, level 11. Festooned with magic items due to trading unwanted items from games for stuff my PC would use.

Current data.

Grew up living in wilds nearest neighbors Mountain Dwarf clan.

Outlander who learned Smith’s tools as a young adult from Dwarfs.

Fascinated by Sea as adult.

GWF; BM maneuvers are Precision, riposte, trip, feinting attack, sweeping attack, pushing, lunging.

Plays the Bodhra’n passably.

Items collected/traded for -
+2 Maul, +1,+2 versus plants long sword, +1 Short-sword.
Mariner’s plate
Ring of Fire Resistance, Goggles of Night, Cloak of Manta Ray, six potions of Water Breathing. Long story on last acquisition, short version other five players did not want them.

S 20, D 10, CO 18, I 10, W 14, CH 8

The Plan currently:

Fighter 12 for ASI. W +2 to 16.

MC Forge Cleric. Boost W at cleric 4 to 18 and to 20 at Cleric 8.

Viable? What God would be suitable for him?

Spells best for him?
Hi ;)

Viable? Yeah, Fighter and Cleric are both very viable standalone, mix is extremely powerful.
Spells? Spirit Guardians when you can, Bless or Shield of Faith first, Healing Words because otherwise you'd be sadly solo.

Anything beyond that is up to you (you get Forge bonus spells anyways, just using those + the ones aforementioned should provide plenty of fun and efficiency already).