PDA

View Full Version : "If you're on the highway and Road Runner goes meep meep" [PrC]

The Extinguisher
2007-10-18, 09:05 PM
A Rogue Runner is a warrior who strives to move faster. They focus on a quick “run in, run out” mentality of fighting, and their training grants them incredible speed and evasion while facing an attack. However, their ability to take pain suffers because of it. But they prefer to be out of harms way before that becomes an issue[i]

Requirements:
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Feats: Spring Attack (A creature with natural flight may substitute this requirement with the feat Flyby Attack), Agile
Special: +10 feet/round from race's base running speed, 15 or higher Dexterity

Hit Die d3
Rogue Runner
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Speed Bonus

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|Improved reaction +2|
+0

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Sprint attack 1/day|
+10

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Evasion|
+10

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Sprint attack 2/day|
+20

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|Powerful Charge|
+20

6th|
+6|
+2|
+5|
+2||
+30

7th|
+7|
+2|
+5|
+2|Improved evasion, sprint attack 3/day|
+30

8th|
+8|
+2|
+6|
+2|Improved reaction +4 |
+40

9th|
+9|
+3|
+6|
+3|Sprint attack 4/day|
+40

10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+3|Ghost speed 1/day|
+50[/table]

Class Skills: The Rogue Runner’s class skills are Balance (Dex), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Move Silently (Dex), and Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int Modifier

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Rogue Runner are proficient with all one-handed simple or martial weapons. They are proficient with light armor and bucklers.

When using a two handed weapon, wearing medium or heavy, or carrying a medium or heavy load, the Rogue Runner loses his AC bonus, as well as his fast movement and sprint attack abilities.

Reflex Bonus (Ex)
During combat, a Rogue Runner, if they choose to, may make a reflex save instead of using his AC. The DC of the save is equal to the roll of the attacker plus all bonuses the attacker is using.

You can only use evasion of this safe. Not improved evasion.

Vulnerability to Tripping
If an attempt to be tripped is made against the Rogue Runner while moving, he is unable to make an Attack of Opportunity against the tripper, and suffers a -3 penalty to his check

Improved Reaction (Ex)
At 1st level, a Rogue Runner gains a +2 bonus on initiative checks.

At 8th level, the bonus increases to +4. This bonus stacks with the benefit provided by the Improved Initiative feat.

Sprint Attack (Ex)
Once a day, a Rogue Runner of 2nd level or higher may move their full speed and make a full attack as a full round action.

At 4th level, 7th level and at 9th level, a Rogue Runner may sprint attack one additional time per day.

At 5th level, the Rogue Runner may combine their sprint attack with their spring attack or flyby attack feat.

Fast Movement (Ex)
At 2nd level, a Rogue Runner gains an enhancement bonus to his speed, as shown on Table: The Rogue Runner. A Rogue Runner in medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Evasion (Ex)
At 3rd level or higher if a Rogue Runner makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a Rogue Runner is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Rogue Runner does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Powerful Charge (Ex)
When a Rogue Runner makes a charge, his attack deals extra 2d4 damage in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge.

Improved Evasion (Ex)
At 7th level, a Rogue Runner's evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Rogue Runner does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Ghost Speed (Su)
Once per day, a Rogue Runner can achieve speeds to remove himself from his physical body for a short period of time. For a period of rounds equal to your movement speed/20 (rounded down), you become an incorporeal creature. However, they are [i]not immune to critical hits, and can only move in the same direction and magnitude as they could before become incorporeal.

<Please note, the name is a work in progress, and needs some suggestions, as me an my friends can only seem to come up with puns referencing old movies and T.V shows>

smart thog
2007-10-18, 09:33 PM
Whoa, D3 hit dice. That sucks, so its perfect for a fast class, (Heh, fast) the only thing I would add is a AC bonus every couple of levels based on speed, or, allow instead of a AC, a reflex save with the DC of the attack.

The Extinguisher
2007-10-18, 09:38 PM
Knew I forgot something. AC bonus coming up.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-10-18, 09:49 PM
Just a minor nitpick, classes usually have an even number+Int for skill points whereas this has 3+Int. The d3 is also a bit unorthodox. I'm not saying you definetly should change it, just that they're unorthodox.

The Extinguisher
2007-10-18, 09:54 PM
I'm leaving the d3 Hit Die, as it's an interesting class feature, but I can change the 3+Int thing. I really had no idea, and thought I'd just average out the two that I saw were common, as I couldn't really figure that one out. But it's all good now.

Triaxx
2007-10-19, 08:53 AM
This answers the question of what class would the Flash take.

On the other hand, a Barbarian taking this class would be a complete monster crusher. Combined with his natural resistance to damage, and the enourmous AC bonuses afforded, that would be a powerful combo.

On the other hand, (that's three, guess I need two weapon fighting for this post:smallamused: ) a fighter taking this would have a much better chance versus wizards. So in short, I love it.

Fredderf
2007-10-19, 11:38 AM
Eh, I say he deserves a d6 hit die. HE seems rather melee oriented, and he dosn't sound like a skill monkey.
If you still want the whole unorthodox thing go with a d5 or something. d3 is just plain terrible, especially w/ full BAB.

smart thog
2007-10-19, 03:00 PM
a question and a idea. Does the AC bonus count speed increases from other classes or magic? Why not give a bonus on reflex saves equal to the AC bonus. Or, better yet, let the rouge runner make a reflex save instead of using his AC, DC equaling the roll of the attacker plus all bonuses the attacker is using. You can only use evasion on this roll, not improved evasion.

The Extinguisher
2007-10-19, 05:49 PM
Fredderf, the thing is, it's not supposed to be a class that can take damage. Their supposed to dish it and run away as fast as possible.

smart thog: No, it's only from this classes speed bonus. But I like that idea of your. I'll go with that.