PDA

View Full Version : Forged in Light

Leon
2007-10-18, 10:27 PM
Ive been tinkering around with a Warforged Fighter Paladin (since my WF Hero mini arrived the other day) and came on a few idea's

1. Tho its as slow as the paladin himself, a Warforged Charger for his steed - any way this is possible aside from him being a Cohort and is it possible to boost the Chargers speed some how

2. if a Charger is not a vaild choice or such, then what would be - plain old horse is boring and not really in theme. other wise i'll walk and stick with charging smite

3. Whats better: Agile Shield Fighter or TWF with Oversized TWF

Anxe
2007-10-18, 10:32 PM
You could get a Charger mount at 8th level. When determining it's abilities from your paladin level you would get the abilities of a paladin 3 levels lower. If you don't want to go with that then get an effigy horse. That's mechanical and still mountish.

There is no good way to increase your mounts speed beyond getting it horseshoes (or whatever) of speed. Maybe have one of its feats be dash?

And I don't know what agile shield is so can't help ya there.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-18, 10:33 PM
1. Ask your DM. The DMG lists alternative mounts for Paladin, some of which can be gained at higher levels. The WF charger is not listed, obviously, but may be close enough in line with one that he'll grant it to you.

2. Effigy Horse? No, that's even more out there. There are some very good alternate class features that replace the mount, though, including Charging Smite (PHB2) and Underdark Knight (...somewhere. Drow of the Underdark? Dungeonscape?)

3. Depends on your Dexterity and if you're ever going to invest in the Improved TWF feat. If <15 and/or not, go with ASF.

Gralamin
2007-10-18, 11:35 PM
2. Effigy Horse? No, that's even more out there. There are some very good alternate class features that replace the mount, though, including Charging Smite (PHB2) and Underdark Knight (...somewhere. Drow of the Underdark? Dungeonscape?)

Complete Champion.

Leon
2007-10-19, 03:26 AM
Agile it is, had forgotten the Dex needed for TWF

WF Charger it shall be if allowed, otherwise Charging Smite

Ty for the help