PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Serialized blogs about campaign sessions.

jokeaccount
2019-11-20, 10:19 AM
Hello all. We are at the beginning of our Decent into Avernus campaign and I was thinking that it would be fun to write a blog style summary after each of sessions outlining interesting, fun and shocking moments. Is this something that people do here? Does it interest anyone as a passtime? I not only want to record our campaign but also discuss moments with other people that have or are going through the same things (although some of you probably already completed it, we're not playing every week unfortunately). Also, if there is a point to this, where should I post these? Is there a dedicated category or similar?

Thanks!

Bieskaon
2019-11-21, 04:47 AM
Hi jokeaccount,

i dont know if there is an area for such kind of thing here on giantitp. But if you just want to keep a summary for you and your players i would recommend blogspot or other webservices like worldanvil. Albeit the later one provides much more utility and worldbuilding tools too.

If you are a bit skilled on IT-topics you can go the full line, and set up your own Wiki.
I wanted to help my group with such things like summary, places, names, items, and such kind, so we decided to populate our own Wiki together.
They write the summary out of their view (imo really important if you are the DM) and I fill in the blanks.

As we are playing mostly once a month this helps everybody to read up infos on theri way to the next session.

lperkins2
2019-11-21, 05:56 AM
Yeah, people do publish campaign journals. Usually they go under the parent category (Forum/Gaming/Roleplaying Games), rather than under the specific game system used. If you want an example, search for "cattle driving necromancers", it's hilarious, and long.