PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Brawler: Am I reading this right!? [Potential Access to 50+ Feats??]

BlueWitch
2019-11-20, 01:25 PM
Martial Flexibility States:

"At 20th level, a brawler can use this ability to gain the benefit of any number of combat feats as a swift action. Each feat selected counts toward her daily uses of this ability."

So does that mean that a 20th Level Brawler can just get access to DOZENS of Feats they qualify for, for 1 Minute?
Because that would be INSANE!

Galacktic
2019-11-20, 01:35 PM
Martial Flexibility States:

"At 20th level, a brawler can use this ability to gain the benefit of any number of combat feats as a swift action. Each feat selected counts toward her daily uses of this ability."

So does that mean that a 20th Level Brawler can just get access to DOZENS of Feats they qualify for, for 1 Minute?
Because that would be INSANE!

Not quite, you missed some important text here:

Each feat selected counts toward her daily uses of this ability.

She may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + 1/2 her brawler level (minimum 1).

So at max level, a Brawler can use it at level 20 - and use all of their daily uses - to get 13 total feats at once for one minute. Not quite dozens, but still very nice. But by that point, you almost certainly already have all the feats that you wanted to begin with.

BlueWitch
2019-11-20, 01:56 PM
Not quite, you missed some important text here:

So at max level, a Brawler can use it at level 20 - and use all of their daily uses - to get 13 total feats at once for one minute. Not quite dozens, but still very nice. But by that point, you almost certainly already have all the feats that you wanted to begin with.

Aw geez, you're right! xD
I guess in my excitement I missed that.

But yeah, haha, that would have been pretty insane!

StSword
2019-11-20, 04:28 PM

Well that depends on which third party materials a game uses, really.

There are a lot more options available in a game that used Spheres of Might, Books of Martial Action 1&2, and/or Feats of Legend Limit Break.

Rynjin
2019-11-20, 05:39 PM
It really wouldn't be as strong as you think. It's flexible (as the name implies) but Feats are fairly weak over all. It's great for flexing Blind Fight or Improved [Maneuver] as needed, but there's not a ton of other use for it in the grand scheme.

It's a great feature, but grabbing 50 Feats at once wouldn't even be that insane, really except in terms of book keeping.