PDA

View Full Version : Money using class

Alhallor
2019-11-21, 07:40 AM
Hi Playground,

I knew I read somewhere About a class that could do stuff with money. Like throwing money at someone for 1d4 + strength Damage or, rerolling Damage dice by losing money (or get a maximum Damage roll?)

It was definitely homebrew but after searching through a lot of stuff I can't find it again, maybe some of you remembers the class?

Some Features also had something to do with buying equipment I think and it was definitely a base class with 20 Levels.

Telonius
2019-11-21, 08:39 AM
Sounds like some of the abilities from Setzer in Final Fantasy VI. Maybe use that as a search term?

TheCount
2019-11-21, 11:08 AM
I remember a class that can spy through coins, but the name escapes me.... Treasurer, valet or something like that was the name I think

Telonius
2019-11-21, 11:12 AM
Would this (https://dungeons.fandom.com/wiki/Gambler_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)) be it?

nedz
2019-11-21, 12:20 PM
I remember a class that can spy through coins, but the name escapes me.... Treasurer, valet or something like that was the name I think

You're thinking of a spell — Spymaster's Coin (Complete Scoundrel)
Level 2: Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard

Psyren
2019-11-21, 12:41 PM
Pathfinder has the 1st-level Coin Shot spell. It's on the Magus list, so you could combine it with an Eldritch Archer fairly easily, letting you cast it and attack with your coins seamlessly.

SnugUndies
2019-11-21, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't any spell with an expensive material component apply? Or anyone who has invested in magic ammunition?

SangoProduction
2019-11-21, 04:28 PM
I definitely remember making a thread about this before (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?595272-Throw-money-away-or-invest-in-weaponry).

StSword
2019-11-21, 07:17 PM
It was definitely homebrew but after searching through a lot of stuff I can't find it again, maybe some of you remembers the class?

Some Features also had something to do with buying equipment I think and it was definitely a base class with 20 Levels.

While I'm sure what happened is you saw it on the spheres of power wiki's Gonzo section, the Gonzo books Gonzo, Gonzo 2, Gonzo Mad Science, and Gonzo Kitchen Sink are very much professional third party content.

I'd heartily recommend them to people looking for imaginative classes.

Alhallor
2019-11-22, 03:03 AM
Thanks SangoProduction, yes it was the Craven!

It was driving me nuts, not finding that. Thanks a lot.

SangoProduction
2019-11-22, 02:32 PM
Not a problem.