PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Circle of the Shepherd - Using Wildshape to Summon

douglasbushong
2019-11-21, 10:20 AM
As far as I can tell, this works by RAW, but I wanted to make sure.

Let's say of have a 15th level Circle of the Shepherd Druid, so I have the Faithful Summons ability.

At the start of my turn, I use my action to wild shape into a owl, which has 1 HP.

My druid flies 10 feet into the air and falls to the ground. My druid takes 1d6 damage, so the HP goes to 0. When that happens, three things occur:

*Faithful summons causes Conjure Animals to produce four CR2 creatures to appear for 1 hour, no concentration required.
*My druid reverts back to normal form.
*excess damage carries over to normal form.

Then, my druid uses a bonus action to create a bear spirit totem, giving my party and each of the conjured animals +20 temporary HP.

That's a lot in one turn, but it all appears to work. I like this because it allows the druid to do another conjuration spell in the next turn without needing to concentrate on the first set of saber-toothed tigers creatures that the DM gives me.

QUESTION: Did I misinterpret anything here, or does this work as written? If it's helpful, this is for an Adventurers League character.

Thanks!

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-11-21, 10:27 AM
Raw it seems to work.

Will it work in AL? Ask the running DM before you start.

Will it work in my table? Maybe, I think I will allow it.