PDA

View Full Version : What might have Been.

kpenguin
2007-10-19, 01:41 AM
I feel really sad right now. How much happier would Roy's life be if his brother hadn't died

donkyhotay
2007-10-19, 02:16 AM
impossible to say, for all we know this may have been what encouraged him to become an adventurer. Following this line it's possible if his brother hadn't died the entire world would be @#$%ed because roy happened to be the only one capable of saving it from the snarl is roy and he ended up as the town blacksmith. Or maybe he wouldn't have put enough effort into his studies (to show up his dad) and been too ineffective as a fighter to save the world. Looking at it this way his life would have been worse because while he would spend 18 years with his brother in mortality they would both die when the snarl came free taking out the afterlife so they can't spend eternity together there. I'm not saying that what would have happened but as I said at the beginning, it's impossible to say.

phobiandarkmoon
2007-10-19, 03:36 AM
Anyone find it ironic he now has a real life bard baby brother?

Nerdanel
2007-10-19, 03:49 AM
On the other hand, maybe Roy would have had a better relationship with his father and without the need for rebelling, decided to become a wizard instead of fighter, thus making him better equipped to face Xykon. Maybe the little brother would have been a more competent bard than Elan and wouldn't have pressed the self-destruct button in Dorukan's dungeon. We'll never know.

Paladin29
2007-10-19, 03:56 AM
There are many people who thinks that Roy hates Elan. I believe the opposited thing... Roy is protective with Elan, even has a fraternal love for him (despite the stupidity of Elan), I think Elan recall his brother.

Ecalsneerg
2007-10-19, 04:02 AM
There are many people who thinks that Roy hates Elan. I believe the opposited thing... Roy is protective with Elan, even has a fraternal love for him (despite the stupidity of Elan), I think Elan recall his brother.

Case in point, taking those arrows for him.

Roderick_BR
2007-10-19, 05:20 AM
(...)Or maybe he wouldn't have put enough effort into his studies (to show up his dad) and been too ineffective as a fighter to save the world. (...)

On the other hand, maybe Roy would have had a better relationship with his father and without the need for rebelling, decided to become a wizard instead of fighter, thus making him better equipped to face Xykon. (...)
Two good takes on how it could have been, and possible motivations, but seeing as Roy wanted to follow his grandfather's steps, I don't think he would have become a wizard at all. For that, Eugene would need to be a better parent figure for Roy, so he would get inspired by Eugene. Too unlikey to happen, though.

Ar-Sakal
2007-10-19, 10:12 AM
I don't agree with the idea Roy became a fighter because he hated his father after the accident.

Remember Panel #113, he felt the calling since he was a little baby. Now, what it is true is that Roy could have already picked up a level or two of wizard and he would still be alive (feather fall and bear's endurance) and maybe he hasn't because of his relationship with Eugene.