PDA

View Full Version : Optimization I'm Optimizing A Marge Simpson Build

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-22, 01:00 AM
Well since Kelb_Panther asked me are you sure that I didn't have Marge in mind? And here's my answer yes. I finally build a Marge Simpson. Here's her character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2064246 So anyway I choose her class as a cloistered cleric. She worships Ehlonna (I was going to choose Pelor as her deity but the Burning Hate has a very nasty reputation on who he represented as a deity.) So I feel like Marge could do some buffs and spellcasting. I also going to go on pure healbot but there is another thing besides going bonkers on healing and curing everybody on her team. So if anybody else has other advice on my Marge Simpson build, feel free to speak up. :smile:

Kelb_Panthera
2019-11-22, 01:24 AM
Looks fine. Not much to optimize at level 1 no matter your class.

I was, and still am, a bit confused about you basing a character on a cartoon infant but whatever blows your skirt up, I guess. Gonna do Bart and Homer too, round out the party?

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-22, 01:27 AM

I was, and still am, a bit confused about you basing a character on a cartoon infant but whatever blows your skirt up, I guess. Gonna do Bart and Homer too, round out the party?

Yes and Lisa as well. :smile:

KillianHawkeye
2019-11-23, 10:48 PM
So in what sense is Marge Simpson a Cleric (or any other D&D class, for that matter)? I know I haven't watched The Simpsons in many years, but if anyone is a Cleric it would be the neighbor Flanders.

Talakeal
2019-11-23, 11:06 PM

Maggie is the infant. Marge is the mom.

Ramza00
2019-11-23, 11:19 PM
So in what sense is Marge Simpson a Cleric (or any other D&D class, for that matter)? I know I haven't watched The Simpsons in many years, but if anyone is a Cleric it would be the neighbor Flanders.

There are different types of clerics / priests over time and space in our human world. Any god / goddess of home, hearth, community, etc would fit with Marge. 3.5's Deities and Demigods had the Greek Goddess Hestia and her domains are Community, Good, and Protection. Likewise there are many other 3.5 deities that have similar domains. For example Eberron has Boldrei Goddess of the Hearth and thus has the following domains City, Community, Family, Good, Law, Protection.

So on and so on, lots of deities that fit Marge as a theme and her down to earth form of wisdom and practical skills set.

KillianHawkeye
2019-11-23, 11:56 PM
There are different types of clerics / priests over time and space in our human world. Any god / goddess of home, hearth, community, etc would fit with Marge. 3.5's Deities and Demigods had the Greek Goddess Hestia and her domains are Community, Good, and Protection. Likewise there are many other 3.5 deities that have similar domains. For example Eberron has Boldrei Goddess of the Hearth and thus has the following domains City, Community, Family, Good, Law, Protection.

So on and so on, lots of deities that fit Marge as a theme and her down to earth form of wisdom and practical skills set.

This is akin to arguing which school of magic Marge would specialize in if she was a Wizard. I'm sure you could find one that best fits her personality, but you've yet to give any reason why she is a Wizard to begin with.

My original question was why she was given the Cleric class at all, not about what Cleric options are the best choice for her. IMO, she doesn't really fit into any D&D class, since D&D classes don't really try to emulate the abilities of a housewife.

Endarire
2019-11-24, 04:48 AM
From a 'celebrity DM' thread I saw years ago:

Lisa was the GM. Bart was a thief/rogue. Marge was a Cleric. Homer was a fighter/warrior with a breastplate and spear. Grampa Abraham Simpson was a Wizard who fell asleep at the table.

Quertus
2019-11-24, 07:07 AM
So, clearly, there's some connection between the "Wisdom" Marge shows, and the "Cleric" class. And Cleric has the added bonus that Marge can pick a thematic deity of "hearth and home".

Is there a better fit? Other than training a group of vampires (also good for a Cleric), what other skills and abilities has Marge shown?

Kurald Galain
2019-11-24, 07:50 AM
Marge has had a number of jobs over the years, including police officer, anchorwoman, mechanic, teacher, and mayor. And in most of them she proves more capable than anybody else on the show.

That means she has a ton of skill points. Also, while she has a supportive personality she doesn't act like a support class.

Finally, while she's one of the more level-headed characters on the show, that doesn't mean she has the stellar wisdom normally seen on divine casters. For instance, she's prone to addiction, and not particularly perceptive. She's not wise per se, just most Springfieldians are very, very stupid.

So I don't think cleric fits. Urban ranger would work, or Phantom Thief (a rogue with more skills and no sneak attack).

satorian
2019-11-24, 08:38 AM
She's a Factotum. It's how she is able to wear any hat when called upon to do so.

Also, shouldn't all these threads be combined?

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-27, 09:19 PM
Marge has had a number of jobs over the years, including police officer, anchorwoman, mechanic, teacher, and mayor. And in most of them she proves more capable than anybody else on the show.

That means she has a ton of skill points. Also, while she has a supportive personality she doesn't act like a support class.

Finally, while she's one of the more level-headed characters on the show, that doesn't mean she has the stellar wisdom normally seen on divine casters. For instance, she's prone to addiction, and not particularly perceptive. She's not wise per se, just most Springfieldians are very, very stupid.

So I don't think cleric fits. Urban ranger would work, or Phantom Thief (a rogue with more skills and no sneak attack).

Urban ranger? :confused: