PDA

View Full Version : Optimization I'm Optimizing A Lisa Simpson Build

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-22, 10:48 PM
So anyway I created a Lisa Simpson build to optimized. Here's her sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2064322 So anyway she's a Level 3 wizard who's specialized in Enchantment. Her blocked schools are Evocation and Necromancy. She's actually a support and utility wizard although she has a few useful spells in battles such as Color Spray and Summon Swarm. So yeah if anybody has any other suggestion and advice feel free to speak up.

Psyren
2019-11-23, 01:17 AM
1) Your link is missing the "t" in "html". I fixed it here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2064322

2) What is "Lisa Simpson" about her? She's smart, which I'd expect for a wizard, but I'm not getting anything else from it. The familiar is wrong (Lisa has a dog and a cat, not a toad); the school doesn't fit (she's a know-it-all, not charming - I'd make her a diviner or possibly illusionist instead of an enchanter); and both the feats and spells seem like generic wizard choices. So I'm not seeing what the name really adds other than being quirky.

Buufreak
2019-11-23, 01:29 AM
Not to mention she is, what, 10? Realistically, we are looking at someone who has straight 8 stats, maybe a 10 in int, 1 hd of commoner, and full skill investment in sax.

pabelfly
2019-11-23, 01:33 AM
2) What is "Lisa Simpson" about her?

This would be my critique of the character presented. Apart from what has been mentioned before, I think Lisa would also have a high Charisma stat (very forceful personality) and I think her skill selection needs to be entirely reworked too.

Allanimal
2019-11-23, 04:32 AM
This would be my critique of the character presented. Apart from what has been mentioned before, I think Lisa would also have a high Charisma stat (very forceful personality) and I think her skill selection needs to be entirely reworked too.

Yeah, a bard seems more appropriate to me. Perform:saxamaphone maxed out.

Crake
2019-11-23, 06:06 AM

I'd say more wisdom, she has strong convictions, but force of personality implies she can get others to see things her way, which she rarely ever does.

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-23, 08:33 AM
Ok. Thank you all for your feedback.

Endarire
2019-11-24, 04:52 AM
Lisa seems like she should be a Bard due to her saxophone playing. She can have a pet cat or an Obtain Familiar familiar. Knowledge Skills and Bardic Knowledge/Bardic Knack suit her well. Perhaps she's WIS- or INT-based instead of CHA-based.

Quertus
2019-11-24, 07:00 AM
Eh, sometimes a saxophone is just a saxophone. Yes, she should clearly have (max) ranks in perform… but she is, IMO, better described/translated/instantiated as a Wizard than as a Bard.

Kurald Galain
2019-11-24, 07:36 AM
Lisa is really not a support character. She's more into showing that her way is the right way, without caring what anybody else thinks. She also has probably the lowest charisma of the main family, as a lot of people don't like her and she rarely manages to convince anyone.

Str 8 (doesn't exercise much)
Dex 12 (not seeing a lot of evidence here)
Con 14 (high endurance, rarely sick)
Int 17 (smarter than most adults)
Wis 14 (one of the few on the show with any common sense)
Cha 7 (see above, and has no social ranks other than perform)

So yes, wizard fits much better than bard. But enchantment is not a fitting school; she's more of a tinker type (transmutation) or know-it-all (via divination).

Why is she worshipping Wee Jas? :smallconfused:

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-27, 09:14 PM
Lisa is really not a support character. She's more into showing that her way is the right way, without caring what anybody else thinks. She also has probably the lowest charisma of the main family, as a lot of people don't like her and she rarely manages to convince anyone.

Str 8 (doesn't exercise much)
Dex 12 (not seeing a lot of evidence here)
Con 14 (high endurance, rarely sick)
Int 17 (smarter than most adults)
Wis 14 (one of the few on the show with any common sense)
Cha 7 (see above, and has no social ranks other than perform)

So yes, wizard fits much better than bard. But enchantment is not a fitting school; she's more of a tinker type (transmutation) or know-it-all (via divination).

Why is she worshipping Wee Jas? :smallconfused:

Because it's fits in her alignment although Ehlonna is a better fit for her.

Peelee
2019-11-27, 09:22 PM
Because it's fits in her alignment.

That's not a terribly good reason; a person is more than an alignment, so decisions like that should be based on more than an alignment.

Also,i think Lisa could be a serviceable Druid; she's certainly an environmentalist and conservationist, the non-deific peace with nature divine source fits her quite well and it plays into her Wisdom which should be one of her highest stats. It also makes sense for her loner tendencies (even if those may be involuntary), occasional frustration with and/or disdain of others who do not share her views, and a secret language which you know she would delight in knowing.

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-27, 09:28 PM
That's not a terribly good reason; a person is more than an alignment, so decisions like that should be based on more than an alignment.

Also,i think Lisa could be a serviceable Druid; she's certainly an environmentalist and conservationist, the non-deific peace with nature divine source fits her quite well and it plays into her Wisdom which should be one of her highest stats. It also makes sense for her loner tendencies (even if those may be involuntary), occasional frustration with and/or disdain of others who do not share her views, and a secret language which you know she would delight in knowing.

Well she's Lawful Good. She follows the law of goodness as she does in the TV show.

Peelee
2019-11-27, 09:31 PM
Well she's Lawful Good. She follows the law of goodness as she does in the TV show.

Eh, she could easily be Neutral Good. She has a big belief in individualism and personal freedom.

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-27, 09:33 PM
Eh, she could easily be Neutral Good. She has a big belief in individualism and personal freedom.

Fair enough and I do agree that a Druid is a much better choice for a class.

Kurald Galain
2019-11-28, 02:52 AM
Because it's fits in her alignment although Ehlonna is a better fit for her.

For Lisa? Boccob, all the way.

Bartmanhomer
2019-11-28, 07:38 AM
For Lisa? Boccob, all the way.

Yeah Boccob is also a better choice as her deity as well.