PDA

View Full Version : If you were to give...

Kaelaroth
2007-10-19, 09:32 AM
... one thing to your best friend, what would it be?

(NB: Please give friends code-names and don't go into anything which is rude or insulting).

Thanks!

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-19, 09:34 AM
... one thing to your best friend, what would it be?

(NB: Please give friends code-names and don't go into anything which is rude or insulting).

Thanks!

depends on the Situation, is this in general?

DrowWolfrider
2007-10-19, 09:34 AM
I would give them a trouble free day if it was in my power to do so, but first I would give myself one because I need it.

Skippy
2007-10-19, 09:35 AM
Food. Lots of food.

You see, he's living alone in a foreign country, for the first time in his life. I know what's living alone, and he won't have time or money to buy food every once in a while.

I hope he's okay...

Sir_Norbert
2007-10-19, 10:14 AM
A huge box of chocolates, but there's a *long* story behind that that I really shouldn't go into :)

Ichneumon
2007-10-19, 10:24 AM
A girlfriend, he deserves one. He has had way too much girl trouble.

Jibar
2007-10-19, 10:26 AM
Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect.
Actually, a Wii.
So he can play himself some Resident Evil 4.

For my other best friend... some Good? The Evil coming outta that guy is shocking.

For the other... an XBox 360. So he can play some Assassin's Creed.

And for the last one, a poke. To continue the poke war.

Amotis
2007-10-19, 11:03 AM
Umm...money I guess. Artists are poor. :smallfrown:

topher
2007-10-19, 11:18 AM
A hot sister so I could ask her out.:smallsmile:

Or maybe a pet turtle cause turtles rule.

Sisqui
2007-10-19, 11:28 AM
A positive attitude. My closest friend always sees the worst in everything and always sees her own situation as being worse than that of anyone else who has had to face that situation before. She always tries to one up someone if they say something is going badly for them, as if, for some unknown reason, her only source of validation in life is the attention and sympathy she gets from being the world's victim. GAH!! :smallannoyed:

Micate
2007-10-19, 12:03 PM
A cell phone. He doesn't have one, and its quite annoying to contact him because of it.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-19, 02:18 PM
A bit of patience.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-10-19, 02:24 PM
Substance.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-10-19, 02:28 PM
I have several friends, including many on here, whom I would give the same thing...a "happily everafter."

Many of us have been through life's meatgrinder. Taking away those negative experiences would change who we are, and I think what we are is pretty danged good. It's a result of having been through hard times and coming out the other end fairly harmed, but functional and changed for the better. Still, enough is enough. We deserve our happily everafter.

So...yeah...that's the one thing I'd give to ALL of my friends, whatever it may entail for each. :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-19, 02:31 PM
To the badger: A copy of Total Annihilation: Kingdoms for his PC.
To the Ninja: A spray of "Drama B-Gone"
To the penguin: a set of Tact-tiles
to the bunny: A Wii. I think she'd like it.

thubby
2007-10-19, 03:01 PM
the ability to grant wishes so we could exploit this fortuitous situation for everything it's worth.

bluewind95
2007-10-19, 03:07 PM
I have several friends, including many on here, whom I would give the same thing...a "happily everafter."

Many of us have been through life's meatgrinder. Taking away those negative experiences would change who we are, and I think what we are is pretty danged good. It's a result of having been through hard times and coming out the other end fairly harmed, but functional and changed for the better. Still, enough is enough. We deserve our happily everafter.

So...yeah...that's the one thing I'd give to ALL of my friends, whatever it may entail for each. :smallsmile:

Could I have some of that too? :smallfrown:

Let's see... what would I give my friends...

I'd give one of them confidence so that he could somehow see what a wonderful person he is despite his flaws.

I'd give another some great opportunity that would give her the "perfect" job and bring her close to someone she could consider her "special someone".

And I'd give the other the cure for his epileptic attacks and a more expressive personality so that people don't think he's a heartless jerk when he is not.

And of course, to all, I'd add my loyalty, for whatever that's worth. Because I simply can't have a friend without pouring all the loyalty I have on them.

Castaras
2007-10-19, 03:24 PM
Time.

Spare time.

Because none of us ever have enough free time.

ALOR
2007-10-19, 03:31 PM
2 million dollars.

gojira
2007-10-19, 03:34 PM
A good man, because she's had the worst luck in that area.

Cyrano
2007-10-19, 03:34 PM
Define "friend."

What the hell, I'd give everyone a cataract. Including myself. So we'd be Eyepatch Nation.

Solo
2007-10-19, 03:35 PM
A catgirl.

DraPrime
2007-10-19, 03:44 PM
A Harley Davidson motorcycle. He's loved those things since he was 7, and I would get him the fastest, sexiest, and most expensive one there is.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-10-19, 03:49 PM
Her daughter a lifetime of happiness...

(long story)

North
2007-10-19, 05:02 PM
Rowdy from Scrubs.

Were big Scrubs fans.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-19, 05:40 PM
Tickets to an AC/DC concert. He'd never forget that.
Ever.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-10-19, 06:15 PM

Could I have some of that too? :smallfrown:

Of course you can, little pixie. The kindness of Bor extends to new kids on the playground. :smallsmile:

thubby
2007-10-19, 06:25 PM
(long story)

like we're going anywhere?:smallwink:

bluewind95
2007-10-19, 06:36 PM
Of course you can, little pixie. The kindness of Bor extends to new kids on the playground. :smallsmile:

Yay!

Seriously... I need some of that. Badly.

ForzaFiori
2007-10-19, 06:49 PM
hmm...i have 6 ppl i consider best friends, so this list is gonna be a bit longer than most ppls:

1) i would give a cure to her seizures.

2) i would give an end to his knee problems

3) i would give the right guy. she deserves it with how amazing she is.

4) i would give cooler brothers. the one's he has sucks.

5) i would give an answer to her problem (its a specif problem i dont feel like mentioning).

6) i would give the ability to break 17 in the a 5k.

Ashtar
2007-10-19, 06:52 PM
Pay for her education... oh right, that's the paper I just signed... >< :smallbiggrin:

Tom_Violence
2007-10-19, 07:01 PM
depends on the Situation, is this in general?

Its such a shame - this could potentially have been amusing satire. Sadly, its not. I mean jesus, the question is "what would you give your best friend?" and the reply is "What, generally?" :smallamused: :smallamused: :smallamused:

Anyway, on topic, I don't know what I would give my best friend - it depends on the context really. Maybe an XBOX?

RandomNPC
2007-10-19, 07:14 PM
I would give my friend a newspaper from Alaska with the single most humorous accadental death caused by the deceaseds own horrible judgement, with complete details and pictures. pefectly it would take 9.5 minuets to read and tell about.

see my friend reads the "news in the nation" section of the paper during our ten minuet break every day (and the boss wants to take that away!) and alaska had amusing death stories worthy of darwin awards for two weeks straight, but has let him down since.

he's a bit morbid, but between the two of us, if there's a divine being out there with a place for good people and a place for bad people and no other options.... we're not goin good because of our senses of humor, but we're not goin bad because of the rest of what we do.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-19, 07:39 PM
A hug. He's really going through it.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-19, 10:26 PM
I have a few friends so I'm going to list what I'd give them:

1) to the Scotsman: A concussion, he deserves it for the many times he has immediately shot down my Ideas or never listened anything I have to say more than Half-Heartedly.

2) to the Guy that Everyone likes, a Home-made Air-gun and a Targetting range, he'd like that.

3) to the Guy whose-life-goal-is-to-take-over-the-world, that Missle Silo that is being sold on Ebay, he'd find some use for it.:amused:

4) to the guy that even by our groups standards he is the one who is 2nd most likely to be picked on (the first being me), a full subscription to some sword-training, people would pick on him less.

5) to the guy who owes me 20-CDs worth of Games, longer lasting memory.

Drider
2007-10-19, 10:43 PM
"happiness", because i don't know what would make my friends happy, the relationship I have with people is more of a semi-argument friendship. We get into arguments and fights, but only for fun, and enjoy each other. I'm almost polar opposite of some of my friends, which means i can only guess at what makes them "happy"

Setra
2007-10-19, 10:47 PM
Well knowing my best friend?

A Very good computer, like, say a Quad Core Processor, 4 gigs of Corsair Dominator Ram, etc. expensive crap

skywalker
2007-10-19, 11:59 PM
My first instinct said, I'd give him his sanity and self-confidence back.

My second instinct said, I'd give her a diamond ring and a house.

(They are two different people, by the way...)

Raiser Blade
2007-10-20, 12:23 AM
@^ Wow i never would have guessed.

Extra_Crispy
2007-10-20, 05:37 AM
I also have a few "best" friends

1) The money and will to go to school and get a degree in whatever he wants, and his mother back

2) The ability to lose weight and a new perfact heart so that he would not be scared of a heart attact if he exercised

3) Intelligence and wisdom so that everyone will have to stop teasing him about his lack there of

4) The back rent I owe him and a girlfriend (maybe not the girlfriend because if they get serious I might have to move out :smallwink: )

5) Confidence in himself. His self-esteem issues are his biggest problems with others espically women.

6) To the original -- A good high paying job in this town so that he would not have to move but could still take care of his wife and kids without living with his parents.

7) To the mutant giant -- his very over protective and close minded mother off his back. He is almost a year older than me (i am 32) and she still tries to rule his life, including what he can and cant do (like playing the devil's game of D&D) and a girlfriend that is at least close to his height (he is 6'11", so if anyone knows a 6'5" or taller woman I can introduce to him let me know :smallbiggrin: )

8) Finally to my father and mother (not just my parents but a great friends) -- The money I owe them PLUS enough so that they do not have to work anymore but can still do what makes them happy. (like working on/improving my father's race car)

Kaelaroth
2007-10-20, 12:26 PM
Just a light sprinkle of my mates:

For Keyring: Good health. He never seems to have it.

For Stumpy: A girlfriend. Goddamn he needs one.

For Orange Juice: A sense of charity, as he is bloody rich and likes himself slightly too much.

For Neural Probing: Some adrenaline and testosterone; the guy really needs to put on some muscle or get some attitude... he gets walked over.

For Dogmeat: A jab that removes arrogance.

For Poldedancer: Some of OJ's money and a good taste in music. I mean, Destiny's Child???? :smallyuk:

Reinboom
2007-10-20, 12:44 PM
Interesting friend nicknames O.o
Even more interesting if those were real names...

To 'Snorlax': Willpower to get an education and career. He's silver in the mine. :smallsigh:
To 'Bondage Fox': All the operation he wants/needs... :smalleek:
beyond... there's some people I would consider extremely good friends that I believe need more than my best friends...
To 'Black': Unlimited International Sky Miles
My brother: A personal accountant
To 'Riddler': a home... or some sort of roof over his head at all. :smallfrown:

Kaelaroth
2007-10-20, 12:46 PM
'Bondage Fox'

What the heyven-glaven?

Sgilti
2007-10-21, 09:44 AM
I feel somewhat lacking in the friends department right now, but I'd like to share what I'd give my mom for all the stuff she's going through right now:

A well-paying job in a field she truly enjoys, and getting my dad off her back, because he continues to try and bully her even though they're no longer married.

Pyro
2007-10-21, 11:01 AM
Hmmmm...

To one a sense of maturity. Fart jokes get old after a while.:smallannoyed:

To another the ability to control her curiosity of people's personal lives and understand figurative language in everyday situations.

To a person whose not a close friend, but someone I know, a stick that deflates someones ego. He really needs it sometimes....

Reinboom
2007-10-21, 11:10 AM
What the heyven-glaven?

I didn't choose the name. :smalltongue:
But don't worry, they don't live to the name. I think. Actually they might... I don't know.

Mad Scientist
2007-10-21, 08:36 PM
For three different friends:

1. a sailboat and someplace to keep it

2. ability to not be afraid of trying something and failing at it

3. magically eliminate all their allergies

Copacetic
2007-10-22, 08:23 PM
Okay, lets see

To 'Albert Einstien')The ability to NOT be terminally shy' and to understand what people mean better

To 'Happy Face') A good boy-friend. She deserves it.

To 'Diva') A all expenses paid trip around the caribben then down the south-american coast. WHEE CRUISERSHIP!

To 'Tuba Gus') Better parents, they're kinda possesive.........

To 'Fiya Breatha') A stradavaroius. She is much better at playing voilin then me. By a LOT!

Deepblue706
2007-10-22, 08:30 PM
I'd give a note that says "You still owe me $20"

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-23, 05:29 AM
To Kitty, the ability to not procrastinate. She's always complaining.

To Padz, some time with her parents. She has a high-maintenance sibling.

To Bindi, some sense of tact or the ability to think about more than one side of an argument before crafting an opinion. And maybe something to cure mental tunnel-vision.

And to Knick-knack, a volume control. My ears burn.:smalltongue: