PDA

View Full Version : Ways to sequester (The concept, not nessecerily the spell) a VERY heavy weapon

Phhase
2019-11-24, 03:10 AM
I've been concocting a build. It's extremely specialized, and dips into a whole bunch of things, being less "build" focused than it is "weapon" focused. That said, I just have one question I need answered today to assist me with this.

Say I have a really frelling heavy weapon. I want to be able to call or dismiss it/lug it around with minimal issue. What's the best way?

There is a way to get your carry weight high enough for my purposes, which is High STR + Goliath or Warforged Juggernaut (I started making this before they released nerfed Warforged in RFTLW, bite me), but I'd like to avoid relying on that, if possible.

I've looked at Pact of the Blade (Pros: pocket dimension storage is perfect. Cons: requires a full action to summon, requires weapon to be magical in some capacity) and Eldritch Knight's Weapon Bond (Pros: Any weapon, bonus action to summon. Con: Can't dismiss it. It's just lying around, which is a little...sloppy). What are other options? Are there any? Bag of Holding and Portable Hole can't carry enough weight. Leomund's Secret Chest is too small. Tenser's Floating Disk is a bit...kludgy (And I'd need more than one). Drawmij's Instant Summons is single use and costly.

An aside: Ring of Telekinesis. Does using the effect require your concentration, or does the ring concentrate for you? And would you allow an item you're carrying to be affected? The Ring states that it can only be used on unattended items. This is obviously to prevent infinite easy disarms and legerdemain, so could you theoretically use it to lighten a "carried" object by up to 1000lb for extended periods out of combat?

Khedrac
2019-11-24, 07:01 AM
You could look at a Ring of Arming (MIC page 122) - it's a standard action and swaps your weapons and armor with the set stored in the ring. This does mean that you would have to store your armor as well, but it might meet your needs?

Phhase
2019-11-24, 03:02 PM
You could look at a Ring of Arming (MIC page 122) - it's a standard action and swaps your weapons and armor with the set stored in the ring. This does mean that you would have to store your armor as well, but it might meet your needs?

Actually, that looks like EXACTLY what I need. But it is 3.5e (Sorry, I meant to post in 5e).