PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Rising from the Last War vs Warfarer’s Guide to Eberron

MichelleSidhe
2019-11-24, 02:12 PM
So does Rising from the Last War invalidate the legality of everything from Wayfarers guide to Eberron since a lot of stuff was printed word for word?

I’m partially interested in elf variants on Wayfarer’s page 73

Anderlith
2019-11-24, 02:21 PM
So does Rising from the Last War invalidate the legality of everything from Wayfarers guide to Eberron since a lot of stuff was printed word for word?

I’m partially interested in elf variants on Wayfarer’s page 73

I’m sure it’s assumed that Rising invalidates any specifics of Wayfarer, like the new Warforged stats.
Use whatever you’d like though

MrCharlie
2019-11-24, 02:31 PM
It likely invalidates anything it actively contradicts; so, races that changed, specifically dragonmarks and warforged stats/subraces. Also the greater dragonmark feat.

As for if other things survived-I think we can assume that things which don't contradict are basically unaffected, as there is no reason they wouldn't be.

Also, I suggest people archive a version of wayfinders now in case it updates and axes something you liked.

Squark
2019-11-24, 02:33 PM
I believe changes in RFtLW, such as the new warforged, replace WGtE's versions, but WotC plans to update such parts of WGtE with the new versions. The character huilder of D&D Beyond already uses the new Warforged even if you only have WGtE.

Zhorn
2019-11-24, 02:45 PM
Funny I was about to post a similar thread a few hours ago, but scrapped it half way through writing it.

(Introduction by Keith Baker)
... Bear in mind: this book presents my vision of Eberron. This is the world I run at my own table, and the way that I’ve converted its ideas to fifth edition rules. All of the material here is presented for playtesting and to spark your imagination. The game mechanics are in draft form, usable in your campaign but not refined by final design and editing. They aren't officially part of the game are aren't permitted in D&D Adventurers League events. If Wizards of the Coat decide to make this material official, it will be refined based on your feedback and then appear in a D&D book...

Wayfinder's Guide, while later noted as being official by Mike Mearls, never ceased to be a playtest document. For your home games, it doesn't matter, use whichever one you like more, but officially officially Rising from the Last War trumps all of Wayfinder's Guide.

JackPhoenix
2019-11-24, 04:51 PM
WGtE was updated on 19.11.2019, with following note: "As previously promised, the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron has been updated with the final official rules, as well as a look at the Artificer class. Enjoy!"

Yunru
2019-11-24, 05:19 PM
As an aside, if you're looking for the Artificer in WGtE, it's right at the end after Appendix C.

Merudo
2019-11-28, 12:53 AM
Wayfinder's Guide, while later noted as being official by Mike Mearls, never ceased to be a playtest document. For your home games, it doesn't matter, use whichever one you like more, but officially officially Rising from the Last War trumps all of Wayfinder's Guide.

Was the Wayfinder's Guide errata'd to match Rising from the Last War? That's what happened to the Elemental Evil Player's Companion once Xanathar got released.

Also, is the official Orc the one from Volo, or the one from Rising?

sulimo0310
2019-11-28, 11:29 AM
Was the Wayfinder's Guide errata'd to match Rising from the Last War? That's what happened to the Elemental Evil Player's Companion once Xanathar got released.

Also, is the official Orc the one from Volo, or the one from Rising?

Both Orcs are officiall. The Orc from rising is official for Eberron, the Orc from Volo's is official for everywhere else. But of course unless you are playing in AL, play whichever one you want. 😁