Rogue1/Cleric1 Halfling Chaotic /Neutral
Str 8
Dex 18
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 14

Trickery and Knowledge Domains

Trapped in a 5x7x9 jail cell (one of 2 in the building)
High window with iron bars
Iron band reinforced door with iron barred window
bed and a bucket

I can stand on the bucket and see out the door window

Door has a slot at the bottom for food tray

No equipment but holy symbol.
1 guard at a time (guard seems to fall asleep at night)
Pretty sure the keys are in a cabinet by a desk where the guard is.

PHB, PHB2, Complete Books and Spell Compendium allowed

How would you get out?

triforcel
2007-10-19, 10:30 AM
I'd say that your best bet is 1)to fake an ailment or something to get the guard to open your cell door. 2) Cast Cause fear on the guard to make him run away long enough for you to slip out and hopefully get to a point where. 3) You can cast alter self to appear less conspicuous and exit the building.

That's just a rough idea though. If you need to fight you can cast magic stone and toss those at your opponents sparingly. That might be good enough until you can get your equipment back.

cupkeyk
2007-10-19, 10:32 AM
How far apart are the bars on the windows? A halfling can take twenty on escape artist and pass through any hole smaller than his head.

What are your feats?

Solo
2007-10-19, 10:32 AM
Cast Cause Fear on the guard, use blasty spells to destroy the lock/bars, use Disguise Self to escape.

Swamp0808
2007-10-19, 10:42 AM
Feat = point blank shot

Going to try a bluff check to get the guard to open the door
Cause fear
get the key to the outer door
obscuring mist and then away

thanks!!

Jorkens
2007-10-19, 11:34 AM
I wonder if you could try something smart like waiting until the guard's asleep and then disguise selfing as one of the other guards (or maybe one of the officers, or some generic 'superior') and claiming that you came by to check on the prisoner (or move them or search them or something) but they tricked you (or enchanted you - presumably the guards don't actually know what you can and cannot do), escaped, and left you locked in the cell instead. If they let you out and help you chase down the prisoner (ie get far enough away from the prison that you can cause fear and then leg it) then you might not mention that they were sleeping on the job while all this happened.

Or you could try to talk them into giving you something you can use to pick the lock.

valadil
2007-10-19, 11:35 AM
Pfeh. Social engineering is way more fun. I say talk to the guards. If they're religious you can probably work that angle.