PDA

View Full Version : Super Heroes - movie stats, good basis for conversion, and more

Quertus
2019-11-24, 02:31 PM
I'm running a super hero game, currently set in a parallel of the DC universe, currently using Mutants and Masterminds as the engine. Note the use of the word "currently".

Yes, the party is going to be universe / multiverse hopping. This is in part to see what system(s) and setting(s) the players enjoy. Among other destinations, they'll hit Marvel (run in facerip), Champions (run in Hero/Champions), My Hero Academia (run in… ???), and a few custom settings (run in whichever systems that they want to repeat). And, most likely, the Marvel & DC movie universes. (Oh, and because they love to hate bad heroes, I'll probably send them to "the boys", if I can learn enough about it).

That last (non-parenthetical) one/two led me to wonder whether there were official stats for those movie characters in some published RPG.

This whole project has me wondering if there's some agreed-upon "fair" method of comparing various superheroes from various universes.

And, of course, any suggestions for additional worlds / systems would add to the players' fun.

Oh, because of the Marvel movies, no doubt the players / PCs will show interest in the Infinity Gems once they hit Marvel. Fortunately, I've learned that the gems don't work in other realities. However, it begs the question - do any superhero worlds have powerful McGuffins that would work if transported to other realities? DC seems really light on McGuffins. Quasar got the Star Brand (from… somewhere) which explicitly worked trans-reality. And… that's all I know. Given that the party is highly likely to pursue this line of thought, anybody got any intel to share?

weckar
2019-11-25, 02:20 PM
Seems to me the most dangerous thing in the DC universe that would still be such in another is Despotellis. It's a virus rather than a mcguffin, but still.

Good luck to you and your players, learning that many systems would give me a bloody headache :smallbiggrin:

Imbalance
2019-11-25, 03:07 PM
If it's just muted and balanced(ish) combat stats you're after, try HeroClix.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-11-25, 09:06 PM
I know M&M 3e has the Heroes and Villains books stat stat out a huge number of DC characters.

For MHA, maybe Big Eyes, Small Mouth?