PDA

View Full Version : Craft Sublime Arms and Armour?

Dhavaer
2007-10-19, 10:31 AM
Would there be any issue with letting initiator level replace caster level for the Craft Magic Arms and Armour feat?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-19, 11:01 AM
That...

...actually makes a lot of sense. But what would you replace the spell requirements with?

Rad
2007-10-19, 11:26 AM
Plain enchantments should be possible at least. Some enchantments could be tied to some ways (i.e. Desert Wind for flaming/flaming burst, Shadow Hand for shadow armor) some of the really magical tricks could just require cooperation with a magic user or providing the spell via UMD.

Jasdoif
2007-10-19, 11:48 AM
That...

...actually makes a lot of sense. But what would you replace the spell requirements with?...maneuvers known requirements!

The concept definitely makes a lot of sense for melee weapons and armor, as long as you're OK with Commoner 6 being able to make +1 weaponry. (It is half initiator level for non-martial-adept classes, right? I can't check ToB now)

KIDS
2007-10-19, 12:10 PM
That feat would indeed make sense. After all, Reshar made the nine blades to be presented to his apprentices himself, and I really doubt that he had any caster levels.

Dhavaer
2007-10-19, 07:42 PM
That...

...actually makes a lot of sense. But what would you replace the spell requirements with?

Maneuver requirements. Most of the weapon enhancements, at least, could be connected to some maneuver or other.

...maneuvers known requirements!

The concept definitely makes a lot of sense for melee weapons and armor, as long as you're OK with Commoner 6 being able to make +1 weaponry. (It is half initiator level for non-martial-adept classes, right? I can't check ToB now)

Yes, it is half initiator level. I think the feat should require actually being able to initiate a maneuver, but if a commoner takes Martial Study: Burning Blade, then I've got problem with them making flaming weapons.