PDA

View Full Version : How to actually find 3.5 tables?

Chaosticket
2019-11-24, 09:50 PM
Im still a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, but I cant find any groups. My "friendly" local gaming store is pretty much just about a handful of games, and 5th edition D&D is it for Roleplaying Games.

There is still so much more from that one game edition that Ive only read about. There are numerous classes and spells, some that are ONLY in 3.5.

5th edition makes me unhappy and 3.5 brings my spirits back up.

Saintheart
2019-11-24, 10:48 PM
Are you willing to consider online or PbP? If so, check the Recruitment forum.

Psyren
2019-11-24, 11:12 PM
Online is your best bet, in addition to this forum there should be some on Roll20.

Meetup might have local games in your area if you really want face-to-face, but of course that heavily depends on where you are.

Particle_Man
2019-11-25, 01:17 AM
You might have an easier time if you offer to DM a 3.5 game.

Allanimal
2019-11-25, 02:07 AM
You might have an easier time if you offer to DM a 3.5 game.

I agree. I live in a town with a thriving RPG scene, but if I want to play 3.5 or another chance I’m interested in trying out, I get best results if I offer to GM.

Hopefully you will find a group that wants to play 3.5, and maybe even one is a DM. Or eventually one will be willing to.

Melcar
2019-11-25, 11:37 AM
Im still a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, but I cant find any groups. My "friendly" local gaming store is pretty much just about a handful of games, and 5th edition D&D is it for Roleplaying Games.

There is still so much more from that one game edition that Ive only read about. There are numerous classes and spells, some that are ONLY in 3.5.

5th edition makes me unhappy and 3.5 brings my spirits back up.

I would go to my local game store and ask them about gaming clubs in the local area. Not just D&D 3.5 clubs, but any gaming club. From thereon, I would search Facebook, google and maybe twitter.

When I had localized a few places, I would go there and ask them about D&D 3.5 games... there are bound to be someone there who knows someone who knows someone... who knows someone!

Hope this helps!