PDA

View Full Version : Character Class guides

Brue
2007-10-19, 11:30 AM
I've been looking for some character building guides, similair to the wizard guide by Logic Ninja. Unfortunately there don't seem to be too many others that I can find.

I'm mostly looking for explanations of specific CODZilla type builds so that I can understand them and plan for them when running a game in the near future, but any others would be useful.

I reviewed the character builder threads, but these all seem to be specific builds of, how can I put this politely, exotic character class combinations?

If there is a set of links to guides that would be amazing, or if anyone knows where I could at least find one or two class guides related to clerics or druids that would be a very useful start.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Artemician
2007-10-19, 11:34 AM
I don't think you will find any particular help here, you'd be better served by asking at the Wizards/Gleemax boards, especially the Character Optimization section. Those people there really know what they're doing.

While Gleemax boards has no search feature, you could probably find somone helpful enough to throw you a link.

Xefas
2007-10-19, 12:01 PM
Here is the link to the "Char Op Library" (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-213480).

And here is the link to the actual board. (http://forums.gleemax.com/forumdisplay.php?f=339)

But, from what I can tell you with my limited knowledge, CoDzilla gets most out of hand from Druids taking Natural Spell and Clerics taking Divine Metamagic and Persistent Spell.

Brue
2007-10-19, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the wizards boards later, can't get there from here <sigh>.

Hyfigh
2007-10-19, 01:32 PM
The Char Op boards that have been linked provide handbooks on a multitude of classes and class ideas.

Solo
2007-10-19, 01:40 PM
As a cleric, you pump Wis, select a few good feats - power attack for combat clerics, divine feats, extra turning, etc - and you're good to go.

Any mistakes in your spell preparation can be fixed the next day at no cost to yourself, and you get every spell ever published for clerics on your spell list.

OneWinged4ngel
2007-10-19, 01:49 PM
I've been looking for some character building guides, similair to the wizard guide by Logic Ninja. Unfortunately there don't seem to be too many others that I can find.

I'm mostly looking for explanations of specific CODZilla type builds so that I can understand them and plan for them when running a game in the near future, but any others would be useful.

I reviewed the character builder threads, but these all seem to be specific builds of, how can I put this politely, exotic character class combinations?

If there is a set of links to guides that would be amazing, or if anyone knows where I could at least find one or two class guides related to clerics or druids that would be a very useful start.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

A quick search of the WotC boards will reveal *at least* one for pretty much every class. Heck, I think the CharOp sticky has like 8 Cleric / Druid guides (which is what you're askin' for) alone.

jameswilliamogle
2007-10-19, 01:50 PM
Unless it is known that the campaign is already broken, please don't cheese it up w/ Divine Metamagic: Persistant Spell. There's plenty of other Cleric build choices that work great.