PDA

View Full Version : Arcane weapon, Archivist...

zinycor
2019-11-25, 01:02 PM
So, both arcane weapon spell and the archivist are now gone... And wouldn't you know it? One of my players was an archivist who heavily used the Arcane weapon spell... Now that both of these are gone, What should we do about his character? What can I do so the archivist could fit on the current Artificer? How could I modify Arcane weapon so it is a more balanced option?

nickl_2000
2019-11-25, 01:10 PM
So, both arcane weapon spell and the archivist are now gone... And wouldn't you know it? One of my players was an archivist who heavily used the Arcane weapon spell... Now that both of these are gone, What should we do about his character? What can I do so the archivist could fit on the current Artificer? How could I modify Arcane weapon so it is a more balanced option?

You allowed the player to play UA before, just let them play the UA version through the rest of the campaign. Nice and easy, no extra effort.

Garfunion
2019-11-25, 01:14 PM
For arcane weapon just copy the paladin’s divine favor spell but allow them to choose the elemental damage at the time of casting.

The Archivist is a bit trickier it had some OP elements about it. What are some major points that your player liked about the subclass?

Anderlith
2019-11-25, 01:15 PM
Go ahead & keep the spell, as for archivist I would just stagger his abilities out on the new level up track.

Evaar
2019-11-25, 01:21 PM
Your options are to either let the player rebuild from the ground up using the new published material, or just keep doing what you've been doing.

Arcane Weapon is gone and there isn't really a replacement. You could I suppose reflavor the Artillerist's cannon as being a magical attack from an enchanted crossbow (or whatever he used).

For the Archivist's pet, you could just add some flavor to the Homunculus infusion.

If the player is liking Archivist, my recommendation would be to keep playing with the UA. Not broke? Don't fix.