PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Adventure Assistance Part 1: Waterdeep

GriffinRider
2019-11-25, 03:35 PM
Hi all-

I'm moving into the DM chair soon and I've got the basic plot of my adventure roughed in. The action won't take place in Waterdeep but that's where the PCs will be when my job begins, so I thought I'd give them a session or two there to roll play, shop, study, and so on. This group has been on the go almost non-stop since its inception and most players are getting antsy for some down-time activities. That being the case what are your favorite sources of information on the city, without worrying about it as a long-term, in-depth campaign setting? Guide books, websites, best download-able maps etc? I'd love to have enough information to present a real, convincing, immersive city that most of the players (not the characters) have already experienced in other groups at other times. Any help is appreciated!

MilkmanDanimal
2019-11-25, 04:54 PM
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist has a very nice map of the city, and plenty of flavor, so start there.

Sparky McDibben
2019-11-26, 07:25 AM
Seconded, but if you want to see it come to life, check out Adam Koebel's Dragon Heist stream. I found his players annoying, but you can look at what he's doing, look at the book, and see some of the connections. He occasionally streams his DM prep, too, so you might want to check that out.

Randomthom
2019-11-26, 07:35 AM
I promise this (https://www.aidedd.org/atlas/index.php?map=W&l=1) will be your favourite resource...

It's an interactive map of Waterdeep that is highly accurate, correctly referencing other campaign material set in waterdeep as well as locations from various FR novels.