PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Caster level modifiers and spell-like abilities

omegaghost
2019-11-25, 05:23 PM
Let's say I'm a wizard with Energy Affinity evoker variant (+1 to caster level when casting fire spells). I can also cast burning hands as a SLA. Does the +1 to level affect my SLA or does it not?

Crake
2019-11-25, 05:29 PM
Let's say I'm a wizard with Energy Affinity evoker variant (+1 to caster level when casting fire spells). I can also cast burning hands as a SLA. Does the +1 to level affect my SLA or does it not?

Energy affinity doesn't specify specifcally wizard spells only, so yes, it would apply to your spell like abilities.

omegaghost
2019-11-25, 05:39 PM
Energy affinity doesn't specify specifcally wizard spells only, so yes, it would apply to your spell like abilities.

It does specify evocation spells though. Does that still count?

And also if that works the way you're saying then most things that increase caster level would work, right? Like fire burst (+1 casting fire spells) and Domain wizard [fire] (+1 casting spells from fire domain)? Domain wizard entry does specify that it works "regardless of whether the spell was prepared as a domain spell or a normal spell", so does it work with SLAs at all? This stuff is very confusing :D

Khedrac
2019-11-26, 04:11 AM
If it specifies casting then it won't affect SLAs which are not "cast".

omegaghost
2019-11-26, 09:07 AM
Ok, thanks.