PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinths of Deceit (Group 1)

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-19, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the towns of HawksWarren. How you got here is up to you. It seems the local magistrate has been working to rearrange the town guard. You notice various watch posts and such at the gates, and through out the city.

There are many taverns and inns (if you so choose to have the services of one) though some are more reputable than others.

(Just waiting on everyone to get intros done)

Krezzlar
2007-10-19, 04:39 PM
Toranus

A lithe maroon-haired elf cloaked in wolf furs makes his way through the streets of HawksWarren. Larger and more powerfully built than any regular elf, he moved with the steadied calm of a prowling cougar. A dark arm-guard hung on his left forearm while over his back was slung a large ornate blade whose hilt was currently serving as a perch for the elf's conversation partner.

"HawksWarren. HAWKS. This place was practically built for you Nua." The muddy brown, red-tailed hawk sitting over his shoulder looked unimpressed. Nua glared intently at every pedestrian they passed, is if measuring the shortest distance from her razor talons to the potential attackers eyes. "Oh fine. Go keep an eye out for dragons or something. I'll leave some scraps out my window for you later tonight." With that, the bird of prey took off into the sky, letting out a shriek as it rose out of view.

Toranus watched her go with a sigh, then turned back to his surroundings. He felt a pang of hunger build inside him, a hunger for blood, destruction and conflict. His hand reached back instinctively to caress the weapon sheathed over his back and the bloodlust went away. It was quickly replaced by another hunger, a hunger for a meal that was different than the berries and rabbits he had been eating all the weeks of his recent journey.

He walked to the closest tavern that he could see and took a whiff at the door. This caused him to recoil and cough loudly. The meat inside was a might too ripe and the patrons were not much better. He scanned the street traffic for a friendly face before settling on what looked to be another traveller. He searched his memory for the Common tongue, a language that he had not used for many weeks.

"Pardon, you know where can I find some decent food around here? Preferably something that is not rotten."

playswithfire
2007-10-19, 06:05 PM
Legnassirc

Riding into the town of Hawks Warren on a horse that seemed oddly coordinated with its rider's long ornate black coat and dark purple-tinted lenses and quarterstaff, the bald human approached what appeared to be a reputable tavern, dismounted and began tying up his horse. Before finishing the knot, he glanced up at the sun to determine the time, looked back at the horse and with a wave of his hand, made the horse disappear instead. Walking inside and finding the first waitress he could, Ale at that empty table I see in the corner there as soon as you can. Maybe some food later, but the ride here has made me thirsty. passing her a silver piece on his way by. Arriving at the table, he maneuvers around so that his back is to the corner and he can survey the entire room; his quarterstaff leans against the wall next to his chair. Well, it's a new city. Let's see what happens. Though the first thing had better be that ale.

Raven T.
2007-10-19, 06:08 PM
Serk

Serk had spent the last several days in HawksWarren. He had received a vision that told him to rest for a week or so in town and his next mission would become clear. He wasn't terribly surprised; he wanted some rest and this had been standard procedure for the last several years. The food at the inn he had chosen was quite filling and flavorful and the rates were exceptionally tolerable; a favored of Kord was easily employed as a bouncer; it appeals to their sense of fair play.

The fire-red haired man...if he could still be called a man...meandered down the streets seemingly without a care in the world. He knew what abilities he had at his disposal; the thugs who tried to attack him wouldn't. Moonlight glinted off the unpainted surfaces of his armor. Many people would ask him why he only took his armor off to sleep; his response was always the same. "Why should I? It is not offensive for a man to remain covered in armor. It is a badge of honor I wear as much as a suit of armor."

His eyes landed on a small elf who stopped at the doorway of one of the more seedier inns in town. What kind of man lets another man drink cheap ale and eat poorly cooked meat?

"Excuse me, my friend, but I know a place much better down the road. They call it the Bahamut's Nest Inn. Best food and ale in the city. Come on, I'll even cover your meal and drink."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-19, 06:12 PM
The bar wench comes by Legnassirc's table after a bit, and sets a mug of ale down, and goes off to tend to the other tables in The Nest

Krezzlar
2007-10-19, 07:08 PM
Toranus

"My thanks." Toranus says to the supremely confident man in front of him. "I will be sure to return the favor. You have probably guessed that I am new to Hawkswarren. The name is Toranus."

Toranus begins following the fire haired man to the inn he recommended.

Raven T.
2007-10-19, 07:41 PM
Serk

"And I am Serk, favored of Kord. I, as well, am new to this town, at the behest of my god, however I can assure you that this place is on the up and up. I wouldn't stay there myself if it wasn't." Serk lets out a hearty laugh, slapping Toranus on the back firmly. "Come, there is much time for merriment and stories. We shall drink and share of ourselves, for who knows what tomorrow may bring." He says a phrase joyfully in Celestial and continues to lead Toranus to the inn.

Zimmia
2007-10-19, 09:38 PM
Fillia

--yesterday--

Smiling to herself in the morning glow, Fillia once more started out on her path. A week in the journey, she was almost to her destination. "Good food, a bath, a snack and some rest is just what I need," she said merrily to herself. The inns along the way had been little more than waypoints, and with her shot little legs she often didn't make it to the next one in time for nightfall. Last night had been one of those nights, and Fillia was sleepy and hungry. Certainly The Blessed One had given her comfort and seen to her needs, but she missed her creature comforts.

Catching a strange sound, she turned in that direction and saw a small child coming out of the nearby brush. "Oh please miss," the child said. "Please come and help my ma' - My da' says she's in a lot of trouble."

Fillia gave the child a comforting look. "Of course," she said holding out her hand to the little girl. "You show me where she is." The girl nodded her thanks and shyly took the womans hand. Then took off back through the brush at a quick pace.

Their destination was a little over a half mile away. Fillia could hear the telltale groans from quite a ways away. Instantly dismissing the irritation with sleeping out as a necessity from the Lady, she giggled. "How many brothers and sisters do you have, uh.." she trickled off realizing she didn't know the girls name.

"Four, Miss," the girl replied. "Da' says there's something odd about ma' this time."

"Well don't you worry my dear, all will soon be well. What's your name?" she asked as they crossed the dooryard and into the small house.

"Lilly" the girl replied, pointing to the closed door.

"You wait here Lilly, Fillia will help your ma'," she said as she tapped lightly at the door and then entered. The woman had obviously been in labor for sometime and she was exhausted. Her husband beside her looked only remotely better. She dropped her haversack beside the bed and went to peer in the womans eyes. "There there, I know it hurts," she said then addressed them both. "Fear you not, everything will be fine."

The situation wasn't as straightforward in reality, but just then wasn't the best time to point that out. Fillia worked for almost an hour adjusting the position of the newborn until the woman was finally able to deliver. With her last deal of effort the woman was delievered of her child, who instantly took a breath and began to cry as one doesn't often hear.

"Must have been fed up waiting all that time," Fillia said gently as she cut the cord and wrapped the infant. She placed the child in her mothers arms. "He must have been anxious to meet his ma' and pa'."

The woman took the child in her arms and both parents had the familiar amazed look on their face. No matter how many times she had helped in this way, that reaction was always the same. She laid a hand on mother and child, and gave them Yondalla's blessing, and help with the pain of childbirth [roll0]

As Fillia took her haversack and quietly shut the door behind the trio, another girl came rushing into the house, this one quite a bit older than Lilly.

"I couldn't find anyone anywh... Oh pardon me," she said with a nod of her head. "One of the others must have brought you here." She looked tentatively at the closed door to the silent room beyond. "Is it..."

"Don't worry," Fillia said to the girl. "You have a new brother."

"How lovely!" the girl exclaimed. "Da' will be so pleased, it's been all girls up till this time."

"I'm pleased that I came across Lilly as I did," she replied. "Too much longer and things might have been unpleasant. But never mind," she said in a bright voice. "There's no need to dwell on unpleasantness that didn't happen. I'm sure everything will be all right here now, and I have most of the day still to travel."

"Please won't you stay the day with us?" the girl asked. "Nobody would mind."

"Thank you child, but I have to move on from here now," she answered but her voice trailed off at the end when she saw the fresh baking cooling in the kitchen. "No," she said as much to herself as the girl, "No, I must be going." She gave blessing to the home and family and animals then started to pick her way back through the brush."

She was almost to the path when she heard Lilly calling her name. She paused and the girl, panting heavily caught up to her. Lilly through her arms around the woman and then pushed a basket into her chest, turning to run back home before Fillia could say another word.

Peering into the basket Fillia saw a good number of fresh rolls, a large slice of cake and several chunks of ham. "Thank you," she called to the girl. She dug into her basket as the turned to the trail and took a roll from her basket. "And thank You," she addressed the heavens.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-19, 10:58 PM
Ird'Narthim Lucien val-Borda (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1640)

Lucien is currently engaged in a heated conversation with a gentleman at one of the reputable taverns. Being that he is a somewhat wll-spoken individual, he has attracted the attention of most of the patrons of the tavern.

"We all declare for liberty, but in using the word we do not all mean the same thing. With some, the word means for each man to do what he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor. With others, the same word means for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. The fullness of time, I am convinced, will prove to the world which is the true definition of the word."

A bit of an issue with writer's block, but that should get across the basic character of Lucien

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/02/03/iconfireemblem.jpg

Zimmia
2007-10-20, 06:22 PM
Fillia

After a pleasant day and a half walk with no other real intrusions, Fillia arrived in Hawks Warren. She was not suprised to see a hightened level of security in the place, although the watch still seemed to be a little haphazzard. The villagers didn't seem overly concerned as they went about their late afternoon activities, in fact the blacksmith shop was already closed.

Fillia walked the streets of the town for a short while before choosing an inn. Grinning at the irony of the name, she entered the Bahumut's Inn and drunk in the warmth and lovely smells coming from the kitchen.

She chose a table in a well lit corner and sat down, dropping her pack and gear under the table. "Yes please," she said quietly to the young woman who came to her table. "A pot of tea and some of that lovely roast I smell if you please."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-20, 07:36 PM
The woman comes back after awhile and sets the tea as well as a cup and a plate on the table.

Some time after Fillia left the small village, a figure stepped out of the shadows in the midst of the now burning skeletons of houses. Another figure, its face lit by the inferno walked with a purpose on the path between the houses, casting black fireballs at the structures. The figure reached out his hand to cast another fireball, only to feel the cold blade slice through his chest.

The other figure calmly wiped the blood off its blade and sheathed it. It looked at the corpse for a moment, before dropping a black rose on it. It looked around the burning village. It whispered a word to the winds, and the flames vanished, leaving the charred skeletons of the houses.

A scream from the bushes behind the remains of the house drew its attention. It found a family with a newborn child. "Follow." The figure stepped through a portal that popped into existance in front of it with the family in tow.

[dastardly demons i tell ya]

Krezzlar
2007-10-20, 11:56 PM
Toranus

Despite Toranus' caution and discomfort at the unfamiliar urban environment, he found himself laughing along with the flamed haired stranger Serk. There was something oddly reassuring and inspiring about the heavily armored man leading him through the streets.

"I am not too familiar with the teachings of Kord I am afraid. I guess he has few teachers out in the wild." he says as they arrive at the Bahamut's Nest Inn. The opened door revealed a bustling nexus of activity inside even in the early evening. Patrons called out their orders over the noise of the crowd while servers hurried from table to table. The majority of the patrons appear to be focused on a strikingly handsome human arguing passionately to his audience. Other individuals, a mix of all sorts of races from all over the land, appeared to be divided between talking in private conversations and focusing on their meals. In particular, a lovely tattooed halfling woman sitting in the corner caught his eye as he scanned the room.

Toranus could read the mood of a buffalo herd with a glance or pick out the alpha in a wolf pack by scent but this gathering of fellow humanoids baffled him. If he could, he would never choose to wander into such a foreign environment. The answers to his past lay in these types of gatherings though so he had little choice but to try to acclimate himself to them. Here we go again, he thought to himself...

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-21, 06:30 AM
Garmund

A compact and powerfuly built man strides into the town of Hawkswarren. He had obviously been traveling on the open road, and is now covered with the dust and sweat of the trail. He takes note of the disorder and general running about of the town guard, but does nothing at the moment. The first thing he does when he enters the town is find an inn. He bypasses the cheaper, less reputable establishments, to find the most expensive in the city.

The filthy wanderer, dressed in his traveling clothes, stands out just a bit at the fine establishment. Were it not for the large and well crafted weapons stapped to his back, the guards would surely have 'asked' him to leave. Instead, they exchange frantic whispers with the Maître d'. After a moment of collecting himself, the flustered man finally approaches. Before he can even start the perfunctory apologies that would preceed an ejection, a gem is pressed into his hand. This is followed shortly after by the clinking of coin and a gruff voice uttering the words 'bath', 'hot', and 'now'.

OOC: Sorry about the late start, the recruitment thread didn't show up in the subscribed threads.

Also, perhaps Garmund has wandered into the same establishment as Serk and Toranus. Bahamut's Nest was it?

playswithfire
2007-10-21, 07:33 AM
"We all declare for liberty, but in using the word we do not all mean the same thing. With some, the word means for each man to do what he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor. With others, the same word means for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. The fullness of time, I am convinced, will prove to the world which is the true definition of the word."

Legnassirc

Finishing his ale, Legnassirc began paying attention to the speech of the blue haired man across the room. Hmm... a good speech. Obviously believes what he's saying ... which is more fun? Agreeing with him or playing devil's advocate? Normally, I'd say the latter, but arguing against freedom rarely makes one friends in a tavern. Meh, option 3, take him an ale and try to find out what's going on in this town that this speech is necessary. Slinging his quarterstaff across his back and walking to the bar, he retrieves two more mugs of ale and walks over to the area where the "freedom fighter", as he begins to think of him, is holding court. He holds out an ale and regards the young man above the frames of his glasses. So tell me, friend, which kind of liberty would you say is more commonly found in this town? I just got in and one does want to avoid offending the sensibilities of the locals, unless something is fundamentally wrong, of course.

Raven T.
2007-10-21, 08:43 AM
Serk

Serk laughed again. "Many clerics prefer the comforts of the city where they can eat, drink, and make merry every night after their training. Few seem the wanderlust of adventure or the desire to spread the word. It is not just the worshipers of Kord that do this; this day and age seems to have more holy men working in an urban environment, whether they are needed or not. Only time will tell if this is the way things are."He led Toranus to a nice table near the fire and went to the bar. "Two of your finest meals. I have a new friend and we will eat on my tab." He gave the bartender a friendly smile; their arrangement had worked quite well so far. "And mugs of your finest ale. This will be an evening to remember."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-21, 11:49 AM
The barkeep slides a key across to Garmund, and pockets the money.

One of the wenches comes by after a bit with the plates of food and the ale.

Cloaked figures coming in and out of The Nest are a fairly common appearance. Most dont even bother to turn there heads after the first few they see. In fact this is probably part of the reason why fights are no common, since the person who started it usually doesnt have the life span left to fight much of one. Less common is a cloaked figure stepping through the door, with two adults with a newborn, and a child in tow. This one appears to be dressed from head to toe in black, with a wicked looking curved blade on its belt. The figure walks to the bar."A room for them if you please, Barry. I trust you will take care of them"
"I will do what I can, Ma'am." She slips a bag of coins across the bar to the barkeep. "I trust you will, now some for some ale before I leave."
The woman stays at the bar while he guides them to a table, and gets some food and drink for them. After a bit he comes by and drops a key on their table.

[Waiting a bit longer for intros to get done.]

Krezzlar
2007-10-21, 04:56 PM
Toranus

Toranus takes the seat indicated to him by Serk and lays his weapon against the wall next to him. He shifts uncomfortably in the unfamiliar seating while he scans the crowd some more. He notes the bald human walking over to join the conversation with the impassioned debater. He notes the well armed man requesting the room, best be wary of him he thought, and the cloaked travelers with the children in tow. He took a deep breath trying to get a smell from the new arrivals but the smells of the nearby fire and the kitchen made it too difficult to catch a clean scent.

He thanks Serk when he returns from the bar with drinks and takes a sip from the foaming ale. He preferred fresh spring water but was trying his best to fit in. When the food arrives he starts picking at it with his hands, sniffing each piece before biting into it.

"You are right, it is very good." Toranus says as he grabs another piece off his plate. "So what can you tell me about HawksWarren? I noticed that there was some commotion going on with the town guard when I was entering."

Raven T.
2007-10-21, 05:20 PM
Serk

"I know little of the town's problems, such as they are, but Kord has informed me of rising demonic activity in the general area. This may be why the guard is in an uproar." Serk takes a long drink from his mug, wiping the foam off his lips. "Ahhhh... Maybe the others here would know more than I; at least one of them seems quite the passionate speaker." He looks over the populace slowly, taking in the sights, before his eyes land on a halfling he thinks he recognizes.

Zimmia
2007-10-21, 05:31 PM
Fillia

Fillia sighed with pleasure as she took the first sips of the warm tea. She tore off a small chunk of bread and dipped it in the juices from the roast. Smiling to herself she quickly gave thanks and then tore into the meal. 'I picked the right inn,' she said to herself as she ate steadily. The meat was a little too well done for her tastes but it was wonderfully seasoned and the bread fresh. When she had eaten her share she pushed the still half-full plate to the side and lifted the tea pot for some more drink.

Finding it empty, she raised the pot in the air and looked around for the server, but all seemed to be busy with the influx of patrons to the tavern. Fillia pushed back and jumped out of her chair, preparing to order more at the bar. Three tables over, however she bumped into Lilly and her family.

"My goodness, I didn't expect to see you here," she exclaimed in shock and then took a closer look at their state of dress and their expressions.

"What has happened? Why are you here?"

Raven T.
2007-10-21, 06:05 PM
Serk

Standing slowly, Serk made his way toward the bar to get within earshot of Fillia's conversation, as much to catch the gossip as to find out if she was who he thought she was. It would be impossible for him to look subtle, so he did his best to just blend into the crowd.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-21, 06:30 PM
Garmund

The armed man seats himself at the nearest table and devours a goodly portion of food before he even realizes he has been eating. After a time, he slows down and begins to savor his meal. While doing so, he looks out across the crowd in the hopes of spotting someone interesting. What interests him of course, is a potential employer. The town was rumored to be experiencing a bit of...difficulty of no explicitly stated nature. The most outrageous of the claims state that the borders are under siege from demonic hordes, doubtless the product of overactive imaginations and superstitious peasants. The reality is most likely either a wizard, a rival nation, bandits, or some combination of the three. Demon hordes don't just spring up overnight afterall.

When he has finished his meal, the man will get up and head off to his room. After a long time on the road, there are few who would not appreciate a hot meal, a warm bath, and a soft bed. Having already purchased and availed himself of the first, he decides to make good on the other two.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-21, 10:15 PM
So tell me, friend, which kind of liberty would you say is more commonly found in this town? I just got in and one does want to avoid offending the sensibilities of the locals, unless something is fundamentally wrong, of course.

Turning from his conversation with the affluent-looking individual sitting across from him, he looks up at the striking fellow standing before him. "The state of liberty in this town? Insufficient, although a striking improvement on some places I have been." With that, he rolls up the sleeve on his right arm, revealing the shape of an 'S' branded on his forearm. "As you can see, I have experienced the very depths to which humanity can sink if it denies the principles of liberty and equality." He pauses to take a sip from his waterskin, and then continues. "I earnestly believe that all men should be given an equal opportunity to succeed. There are those in this land who are born into prosperity, and those who are born into poverty. A poverty rigidly enforced by the taxation of those who claim that they are somehow 'better' than everyone else, by virtue of the blue blood flowing through their veins. There is no virtue inherent in the blood of those who call themselves 'noble', only a potential for greatness. A potential that is equally shared by those they call 'common', or 'peasants'."

He looks down at the ale set on the table in front of him. "I'm afraid that I shall have to decline your generosity, my friend. I can't hold my liquor, though I am not ashamed to admit it. The ale they serve here will put me out quick as a candle in a stiff wind. My name is Lucien, by the way. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-21, 11:13 PM
The little girl looks around a moment in surprise. "Fillia!" The girl jumps out of her chair and runs over and throws her arms around the halfling. "Mum and Pop took us out into the forest before the magician burned our house. The elf then saved us... well... most of us. She thinks my sisters are safe as well, but doesnt know where."

Zimmia
2007-10-21, 11:47 PM
Fillia

Fillia pats the girl on the cheek and then puts her arm around her shoulders, her eyes suddenly wary. "That's quite a story little one, where is the elf who helped you get away from the magician now?"

Raven T.
2007-10-21, 11:59 PM
Serk

So, the forces of Darkness are beginning to tip their hand. Woe betide them, for I shall show them what happens to those who invade this world! Serk listened quietly, moving even closer. To hear her speak, he did recognize the woman, as he thought. Fillia, her name was. Together, they had turned the tide against a necromancer and her army of undead, saving many villages in the process. It would be rude to interrupt at this point, so he kept listening to the story.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-22, 12:11 AM
Lucien

As he waits for the stranger before him to introduce himself, he finds himself distracted by the discussion the halfling woman is having with the human child. Damned aristocratic wizards, going about and ruining the lives of the common folk for their own amusement. If we ever cross pathes, he will regret it.

((I will probably not be able to post today/tomorrow (Monday EST))

playswithfire
2007-10-22, 07:02 AM
"I'm afraid that I shall have to decline your generosity, my friend. I can't hold my liquor, though I am not ashamed to admit it. The ale they serve here will put me out quick as a candle in a stiff wind. My name is Lucien, by the way. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

Legnassirc
Taking a sip from his own mug It is a very fine ale, but, as you say, there's no shame in not partaking. All men have different skills; some have drink, others have the gift of oratory, among whom I believe we can count you. Legnassirc is my name and I have no great skill in either, though I enjoy both in a tavern such as this. A somewhat larger drink of ale before he continues somewhat more quietly. And your quite right about potential not being tied to birth. I was not high born myself but was fortunate enough to be sent to assist a kindly wizard who noticed I had a small talent for magic, which he encouraged and later sent me away to develop to levels I would not have imagined. Finishing off the mug in his hand and reaching for the one he'd offered Lucien, he noticed a few disgruntled looks at the mention of his magic, particularly among those faces seated between him and a family talking to a halfling woman, none of whom he'd seen walk in. (very quietly to Lucien) Say, friend, are they not fond of magic users in this town?

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-22, 07:17 AM
Lucien

"People fear what they do not understand. It is an adage that has been around as long as men have walked this earth. Aside from that, which is to be expected, I know of no particular animosity the people of this town hold towards those with magical talent."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-22, 08:27 AM
[Skjaldbakka - roger. thanks for the heads up]

The little girl points towards the figure still with its hood up sitting at the bar.

Krezzlar
2007-10-22, 01:27 PM
Toranus

At the mention of demonic activity, Toranus' hand unconciously moves to touch the sword leaning on the wall next to him. He notes Serk's distraction with the attractive halfling woman and her conversation with the newcomers. Turning his attention to their location, he manages to make out the little girl's story.

Toranus wipes his hands on the nearby napkin, grabs his items and heads over to the halfling woman and the family.

"Hello. I hear you might be looking for some children lost in the forest? I may be able to help with that."

Zimmia
2007-10-22, 03:57 PM
Fillia

Fillia turned to the man who had spoken. She paused a moment, taking in his posture and demeanor. "Quite possibly" she replied. She was momentarily distracted as she noticed a familiar face. It had been some time, but she recognized the mans crimson hair and remembered him from their fight against that necromance. She met his eyes momentarily and nodded slightly in acknowledgment before she went on.

"This family lives about a day and a half from here. Well, for me that is. She has four sisters who are apparently missing after their village was destroyed. If they were out of the village when the attack came, they could still be in the forest. If you'll excuse me a moment," she added and slipped back for her things before moving to the bar. Over Lilly and her family, Fillia caught Serk's gaze. She looked at the family, then at the hooded elf at the bar, barely perceptively nodding.

She found a place next to the hooded figure at the bar and climbed up on the stool. "I believe my friends over there have you to thank for stopping the attack on their villiage," she said in a quiet voice.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-22, 05:40 PM
The elf turns her head and looks down at the halfling, a hint of violet colored eyes shining from the depths of her hood.
"Your welcome." She sweeps a wisp of white hair back into the depths of her hood, and takes another gulp from her mug.

Zimmia
2007-10-22, 05:59 PM
Fillia

She nods. "One wonders if you were simply in the right place at the right time or if you engage in tracking and stopping whoever it is that's preying on the innocent." She pauses for a moment to get the attention of the bartender and ask for more tea. She continues quietly, and it's rather ambiguous if she is speaking to herself or the other woman. "The church was right in thinking that this is an unusually dangerous area."

Krezzlar
2007-10-22, 06:02 PM
Toranus

Seeing the wisp of white hair, Toranus tries to penetrate the shadows of the hood with his gaze to try to identify the type of elf the lady is...

Not sure if there's a roll involved but feel free to roll it for me :smallsmile:

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-22, 07:28 PM
The elfs hood and angle to Toranus makes it difficult to tell, though the bit of a glimpse he does get allows him to make out the outline of pointy ears.

"I'd say a little bit of both. The demons and their shadows are things that can not be allowed to walk this earth, you should atleast knwo that by now."

Raven T.
2007-10-22, 07:33 PM
Serk
Serk squats down and looks into the little girl's eyes. You need not be afraid; we will find your siblings and teach those responsible not to use children as pawns and hostages. I swear this, they will pay." He lifts her chin some gently. "So you be strong while we are away and we will reunite you soon. Can you do that for me?" He smiles at her kindly, then turns to hear more of the story.

When the whisp of white hair catches his eyes, his reactions are twofold. The first is to watch this woman cautiously; it may be she is using the child and her sisters as bait of some sort. His second reaction is such that he realizes what lengths this elf must have gone to ensuring the safety of the family.

Serk leans down and whispers in Fillia's ear. "If you say we go, then we go. Events have been set into motion that are beyond mortal ken. We must do what we can to protect those too weak to defend themselves against the darkness. I would fight by your side no matter where it takes us."

Zimmia
2007-10-22, 07:53 PM
Fillia

It wasn't a skill that had come easy to her, but Fillia had eventually learned how not to show the emotions she was feeling - at least for a short time. She employed this now.

Mentally rolling her eyes she nodded addressed the elf beside her. "Indeed it is. Good day." She laid a coin on the bar for the undrunk tea and the bread roll she took from the basket and pushed away from the bar.

She nodded her acknowledgement of Serk's words, not wanting to speak much more in front of this white-haired elf. She turned to the family, kissing Lilly's forehead and smiling warmly at the terrified mother and her newborn. "If at all possible," she said to the mother in a quiet voice. She gathered her things, preparing to leave the crowded bar. The father stood to clasp hands with her and she pressed a coin into his palm, turning away so as not to give him time to react.

She took one last look at the immediate area, noting that there were several other people taking interest in the exchange, in addition to the man who spoke earlier. She turned her head in Serk's direction. "It seems there may be others who feel the same way."

Raven T.
2007-10-22, 08:01 PM
Serk
"Indeed, but let me ask you this: do you intend to leave tonight? If so, let me return to my room briefly and retrieve my weapon and pack." Serk scanned the room some more. "See who else will move with us while I grab my things. I will also talk to a man I met earlier, Toranus. He seems to be interested in this task."

Zimmia
2007-10-22, 08:07 PM
Fillia

"Considering the circumstances it may be rather rash to leave tonight. I don't think we want to necessarily broadcast our plans with certain... individuals in here. I'm sure safe accommodation can be found for the night in a town this size. Go ahead up however, I'm interested to see who will take notice."

Krezzlar
2007-10-23, 01:39 AM
Toranus

Toranus tears his attention away from the seated white haired elf and steps forward to Serk and the halfling upon hearing his name spoken.

"I am Toranus and I am indeed interested. I have too few opportunities to be of real help to people. I would set out sooner than later though, every hour matters when you have 4 little girls alone in the wild. I am sure there are others here who would be willing to come, either to help the family or to investigate the attack."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-23, 04:49 AM
Garmund

Garmund returns to the main hall a different man. He has bathed, groomed, and changed his clothing. Now is the real time to get to business. He walks in to see and hear the ending exchange between the woman and the elf. Coin might not be good, but the work is. Build up a solid rep, and cash in. With that in mind, he walks up to the gathering party, and introduces himself.

I am Garmund, son of regimental captain Heahbryht. Normally, I demand coin for my services, but for this, there is no need. If you need a sword arm, I can offer mine to you.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-23, 11:34 AM
The elf finishes off her drink and stands up. She drops a few more coins on the bar. She then moves to the door and steps outside into the streets.

playswithfire
2007-10-23, 10:25 PM
"See who else will move with us while I grab my things..."

Legnassirc

Though the alcohol slows his thought process just a bit, Legnassirc begins to understand the situation. People gathering around those people who seem to be comforting that family... And they're near the people who seemed unhappy when I mentioned being a wizard...Something evil and magic must have happened to that family!... Note to self: food before ale next time. With that he finishes the mug in his hand, leaves it on the table and walks over, edging his way around the fighter who had just arrived to address the halfling woman. Forgive me for interrupting, but if I correctly interpret this to be a quest intended to right the wrongs committed by a magic user of some sort, I humbly offer my services. For my own safety, I should make it clear that I am not the said magic user, but a reasonably powerful wizard in my own right and would be happy to assist you. My name is Legnassirc and I suppose I should ask first if I've correctly assessed the situation and second if you think you have a use for me. While waiting for a response, Legnassirc contemplates that third he should eat something so that he will be less likely to babble; complete unbecoming behavior, but hopefully not so much that they dismiss him. Nice as this tavern is, nothing beats a good adventure and a quick look around shows this forming up to be quite a potent group.

Raven T.
2007-10-23, 10:32 PM
Serk

Serk turns to the wiry mage. "Then welcome you shall be. When Fillia here gives the word, we move." He gives Legnassirc a couple firm pats on the shoulder, quite possibly unbalancing him in his inebriated state.

Zimmia
2007-10-24, 12:53 AM
Fillia

Fillia looked at the men who had gathered around them, showing concern in the circumstances. Smiling lightly at some private joke, she nodded eagerly. "Indeed, I believe we can all offer something in this endeavor. I don't think we can be over prepared in this case."

"As Serk has said, my name is Fillia and I made the acquaintance of this family apparently immediately prior to this attack." She made eye contact with each of those around her. "With our numbers so great," she said to Toranus, "I agree that there is no need to wait until the morn," even though her own spell selection for traveling was quite different than one she might ask for in more aggressive circumstances.

"Both you and your sword would indeed be welcome, good Garumd." For some reason he brought a rather stoic image into her mind.

"And as for you, sir wizard," she said with her eyes light. "I think that we here can all make the distinction between someone who uses their talent for personal gain and chaos, and one who works toward more benevolent aims. You too, may be able to give us insight into the wizard who has caused this destruction." She gave the man a wink and passed him the bread roll she'd picked up at the bar.

She looked back to Serk. "On your word then, we will make our way."

Krezzlar
2007-10-24, 01:44 AM
Toranus

Toranus nods to Garmund and Legnassirc in turn as they volunteer to assist and looks around to see if any others are stepping forward.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-24, 01:50 AM
Lucien

Lucien rises from his seat, and approaches the gathering of adventurers. "I will assist you in this most noble endeavor. My name is Lucien. May justice be brought to those who would prey upon the weak and my skills be a boon to those who would bring it about.

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 10:45 AM
Serk

"Then let us move with all haste. Gather your things; we leave within the hour." Serk turns toward the family. "Is there any information you can provide about the surrounding area? I am sure Fillia can lead us back there, but I would like to go in prepared for anything."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 10:47 AM
Just waiting for everyone to say they got all the stuff they need.

Krezzlar
2007-10-24, 10:50 AM
Toranus

"Does anyone require a mount? I may not be able to purchase one for you but I can tell you which ones are good and which ones you may wish to steer clear of. Other than that, I am ready to go."

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 11:04 AM
Serk

"Depends on if we really need them. A horse is all well and good, but a liability if we get involved in combat."

Krezzlar
2007-10-24, 11:17 AM
Toranus

"You make a good point. I suppose it depends on when we wish to arrive. A day and a half as the halfling goes may be a couple hours on horseback? We may arrive at the location by midnight if we are willing to continue even while it is dark. We could instead stop for the night on the way there."

Toranus looks to the family.

"If these were elves I would have a better idea but I am not familiar with human children. Do you think your daughters can survive a single night by themselves?"

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 11:28 AM
Serk

"The problem is that they may NOT be by themselves. If there's one deadly wizard blowing the town to Baator and back, there might be more lurking around.

"Maybe you're right; maybe we should mount up and ride with all haste. I may not be able to see well at night, but we should get moving." Serk dashes upstairs and grabs his sack and sword, ready to roll as soon as everyone else is.

playswithfire
2007-10-24, 12:32 PM
Legnassirc

Legnassirc gratefully accepts Fillia's bread after stumbling slightly from Serk's pat on the shoulders and begins eating it in large bites while the others strategize. Swallowing the last piece and feeling much more steady, he rejoins the conversation. Thank for both the welcome and the bread. I am ready to depart whenever the rest of you are, though my vision at night is similarly reduced. As far as mounts are concerned, I can provide my own and I assure you he will not get it the way. With nothing else to say, Legnassirc begins considering the various spells and powers he has prepared for the day, determining that, while they are not ideal, he should be able to support this effort while protecting himself somewhat. Strategy's too hard to figure out at this point, since we don't know each other or what we're up against, but we at least seem to have a good mix of people. We've got a shot if we run into trouble, but so far I'm not sure we'll be able to spot the children we seem to be looking for. Deciding it's better to ask now than have problems later, he turns to Serk and Fillia who seem to be leading the outing and asks Would it be a good idea to grab a few torches for those of us who can't see at night or do we have enough people with that skill that tourches'd just needlessly betray our position?

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 01:09 PM
Serk

"I have an Everburning Torch in my pack here. If you wish to hold onto it, you are welcome to borrow it. I cannot carry it; my blade requires both my hands free. As for the others, I am not sure what they have or can do."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-24, 04:20 PM
Garmund

"I will go and retrieve my gear, and return in a moment. I can ride, and I too have an everburning torch."

He goes back into his room, and after some minutes have passed, he returns fully loaded. The glint of mithral and silver can be seen all about him, whereas before the dust of the trail had dulled it. He wears a breastplate beneath his cloak, a bastard sword swings from his hip, and on his back are strapped a halberd and shortbow. All are made of fine mithral, except for the silver halberd.

His pack, while very full, does not seem to burden him much. Even if it did, there seems to be some kind of mechanism on the chest straps. A closer inspection would reveal that pulling the pin would release the pack from his back.

"I am ready to depart whenever you are"

Zimmia
2007-10-24, 05:12 PM
Fillia

"I wonder if a pony or riding dog could be found this late in the day. My own pony came down lame three days ago and I was forced to leave her in a farming village, where the local blacksmith assured me that he could treat her. The horse he offered me in change could have carried my whole family," she added with a smile. "I've been on foot ever since."

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 05:54 PM
Serk

Serk laughs some heartily. "If push comes to shove, you can always ride piggyback with me again!" He gives Fillia the type of friendly smile that is exchanged between two people who have a lot of respect for each other and their abilities.

Krezzlar
2007-10-24, 06:26 PM
Toranus

"A pony shouldn't be too difficult to find. Or you could take Serk's offer. Is there anything you need before we set out Lucien?"

If Fillia wants a pony, Toranus will accompany her and take 10 on a Handle Animal roll to pick a good pony for her (we probably don't need to rp the buying of said pony). Outside of that detail, he's ready to go.

Zimmia
2007-10-24, 06:39 PM
Fillia

Fillia gives Serk a knowing smile. "Generous as always my friend and I appreciate your offer. If Toranus here is correct and we can acquire one quickly I will keep your offer in reserve." She turned to Toranus, "Your assistance would be very much appreciated."

Will gladly take Toranus' help in acquiring a new pony. If someone such as him had been around last time, maybe she would still have one. :smallsmile:

Raven T.
2007-10-24, 06:40 PM
Serk

Serk follows them both in an attempt to find a horse of his own.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-24, 06:41 PM
Lucien

"I have never learned to ride a horse. Doing so may be more of a liability thatn an asset. Haste is of the essence however, so if we can quickly find horses, I will make the attempt."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 06:44 PM
There is conviently a stable across the street. You find the stable master busy mucking out one of the stalls when you get there. Hawks Warren sees quite a bit of travelers coming and going. As such the Stable is the type of establishment that is almost always open.

Krezzlar
2007-10-24, 07:27 PM
Toranus

Once at the stables, Toranus starts slipping into the stalls of the various animals. He pats their flanks, checks their teeth and sniffs their hooves all the while talking reassuringly in Sylvan.

Take 10 (total of 15) in finding a decent mount for Fillia, Serk and Lucien.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 10:42 PM
Toranus spots a Pony and a couple horses that look up to the task. The stable master looks up everyone once and awhile while contiuing to muck out the the stalls.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-24, 11:59 PM
Lucien

Lucien will walk up to the stable master. "Hail good fellow! We would like to procure the services of these steeds. How much do you feel would be adequate compensation for the use of them for a few days time?"

It comes out to 210gp in the SRD to purchase them. Lucien will offer to buy them for that amount, if the stablemaster is willing. I imagine most of us would like to jump into the action at this point, rather than hash out procuring steeds.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 08:59 AM
The stable master looks Lucien up and down for a moment, and agress with the price. He then walks over to a back room, and comes out with some riding gear in hand. ""Lets see, 2 horses and a pony." He walks through the stalls for a bit then comes back with the three mounts, the three that looked well rested and ready to ride. After the money is safely into a pounch at this side, he works to get the mounts saddled up. "There ye go, hopefully you find fortune on your ride"

[Everyone I think is ready to move out now]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 01:15 PM
Now that everyone has got a mount...

As the group rides to the gate, you notice some guards moving to attack something that just passed through the gate. There are also a few of guards slumped against the wall off to one side. A guard up on the wall above moves over to the bell and begins ringing it.

Krezzlar
2007-10-25, 02:03 PM
Toranus

"What the?..."

Toranus begins moving quickly to get a view at the "something" that has moved through the gate as well as listening intently and sniffing the air.

Toranus actually doesn't have a mount. I figure his 50ft speed + Endurance can allow him to keep pace with a party moving at pony speed

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-25, 02:55 PM
Garmund

Garmund pulls the pin from his chest strap, and the whole pack clatters to the ground. This leaves him free to draw his bastard sword and equip his shield. Then he runs in closer to the fray.

Zimmia
2007-10-25, 03:33 PM
Fillia

Fillia slides down from her pony and drops her pack. She grabs her mace and shield and starts after the others toward the shape at the gate.

playswithfire
2007-10-25, 05:38 PM
Legnassirc

Sliding off of his magical conjured horse, Legnassirc pauses briefly to summon up a glowing Shield in front of him and then follows the others, reaching back for his quarterstaff, for all the good it's likely to do him.

Raven T.
2007-10-25, 06:02 PM
Serk

Serk quickly hopped off the horse, his pack thudding softly against the dirt. Hefting his Greatsword, he charges into the melee, shouting a loud war cry. "Forward! We will push these invaders back to the holes they crawled from!"

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 06:04 PM
As you get closer, you notice there are several dog-looking creatures, as well as 3 humanoids. For the time being they seem content attacking the few remaining guards on the ground.

playswithfire
2007-10-25, 06:48 PM
Legnassirc

Cease your attack and explain yourselves!

Casting haste on all of us and hanging to the back of the fight.

Stats:
62 HP, 30 AC; 22 Touch 25 Flat
99 Power Points, 45 Spell Points

Haste 7 rounds
Shield 69 rounds
Mage Armor many many rounds

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-25, 06:54 PM
Lucien:
AC 26, Initiative 16, Fort +10, Reflex +12, Will +7
Psionic Focus, Haste (7), Prayer (10), Inspire Courage (5)[probably]

Lucien jumps down from his horse.

If one of the fallen guards is within 30ft., Lucien will Inspire Courage (+1 to/hit and damage, +1 saves vs. fear and charm). He will include any ally that can hear him (particularly the gaurds).
If they are farther away then that, he will instead move forward, and draw his sword (which puts his AC to 27, as it is defending).

Raven T.
2007-10-25, 06:59 PM
Serk

Speaking after Legnassirc, he also calls out to the foes. If you will not cease, we will be forced to take...drastic measures." As if to accentuate this, Serk begins growing in size.

Casting Righteous Might on my turn, then moving toward the foes.
Initiative 18, HP 72, AC 24, Touch 12, Flatfoot 23, 12/10/11 saves, DR 3/Evil
Durations:
Haste-7 rounds
Righteous Might- 10 rounds
Prayer- 10 rounds

Zimmia
2007-10-25, 07:05 PM
Fillia

Following the others and rushing to the fray. "You are out numbered and outmatched. Stand fast. Now."

Casting prayer on all of us

Init +3, HP 83, AC 27, Touch 14, Flat-footed 24
Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +13
Haste - 7 rounds
Prayer - 10 rounds

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 08:05 PM
Ill take care of INT for everyone next time around, and make sure to order gets posted and such. Make sure to post your current AC, HP and active spells and such. Just waiting to get home before sorting everything out here.

Krezzlar
2007-10-25, 11:07 PM
Toranus
AC: 25 ; HP 78 / 78
SV: +14 / +14 / +5
Haste (7), Prayer (10)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toranus feels the blood rush build inside him, the dark primal rage threatening to erupt from his body. He draws Heart's Measure and steps forward so that he is between Fillia and Legnassirc and the attackers. His heart pounds in his chest as he measures the distance to his foes.

"Wait for it... just a little longer... no, not yet... no... RARRRRRRRR!!!!"

Toranus hurls himself forward and moves into the thickest group of enemies (80ft movement) and attacks one of the humans if possible with a two-handed swing. He's not charging unless he has to charge to reach the enemies.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy damage (if they're evil) [roll2]

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-26, 02:18 AM
Lucien: (rnd 2)
AC 28, Initiative 16, Fort +10, Reflex +13, Will +7
Psionic Focus, Haste (6), Prayer (9), Inspire Courage (5)

Lucien will move up to one of the fallen gaurds, drawing his sword as he does so, and cast Cure Light Wounds, unless it is obvious he is dead.

Heal: [roll0]
CLW: [roll1]

If it is clear that the gaurd is dead once he gets up to him, Lucien will instead blast one of the dog-like humanoids with a bolt of fire, expending his psionic focus for Greater Psionic Shot.

Attack Roll [roll2]
Damage Roll [roll3]
assuming PBS

playswithfire
2007-10-26, 07:29 AM
Legnassirc round 2

Assuming they continue attacking, Legnassirc is going to start telekinetically tripping people to make life easier for everyone else.

Using augmented telekinetic maneuver, paying 2 extra pp to get +1 on trips attempts. First trip attack is whichever opponent does the most damage during their response to our first round actions.

Touch attack [roll0] Manifester level 9 as BAB, 6 INT as STR, 1 haste, 1 prayer
Trip attempt [roll1] 6 INT as STR, 1 augment
EDIT: well, that could've gone better

Stats:
62 HP, 30 AC; 22 Touch 25 Flat
90 Power Points, 45 Spell Points

Haste 6 rounds
Telekinetic Maneuver 9 rounds (concentrating)
Shield 68 rounds
Mage Armor many many rounds

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-26, 01:40 PM
Order:
Legnassirc: 24
Dog (enemy) 22
Fillia: 23
Humanoid: 19
Dog (enemey): 19
Humanoid: 18
Serk: 18
Dog (enemy): 17
Lucien: 16
Garmund: 12
Torranus: 10
Dog (enemy): 9
Humanoid: 5
Guards (4): 3

Rolled Garmunds Int to get things moving.
Each round just post your actions (doesnt matter the order) and ill sort things out.

Round 1:
The group is pretty close to the fight (about 20ft away)

Legnassirc uses the time to finish up casting haste

One of the dogs is busy trying to gore one of the guards with its nasty set of horns, but misses.

Fillia casts prayer.

One of the humans takes a swing at one of the guards scoring a hit.
Another one of the dogs attempts to gore another guard and misses

Serk casts Ravenous might, then moves forward.

Garmund finishes up drawing his sword and shield (no post...)

Lucien uses inspire courage.

Torranus runs at one of the humans, whos attack completely misses Torranus, and scores a nice hit on him.

The human Torranus is on attacks back hitting for 5 damage.
The other dog is content trying to gore a guard, and manages to score a hit... its follow up attack with bite misses.

Round 2 -

Map: http://www.gkludt.net/images/group1map.jpg

Raven T.
2007-10-26, 02:04 PM
(OOC: RIGHTEOUS Might, not Ravenous. :smalltongue: )

Serk

With the canines still attacking the guards and paying the group no heed, he bellows loudly and brings his blade down hard twice against the nearest foe.

Attack:[roll0],[roll1] (7/2 BAB, +6 strength, +1 Haste, +1 Inspire Courage, +1 Prayer)
Damage:[roll2],[roll3]

Casting Righteous Might on my turn, then moving toward the foes.
Initiative 18, HP 72, AC 23, Touch 12, Flatfoot 22, 12/10/11 saves, DR 3/Evil
Durations:
Haste-6 rounds
Righteous Might- 9 rounds
Prayer- 9 rounds

Edit: forgot Size modifiers apply now that I'm Large. Subtract one from my To Hit rolls.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-26, 02:13 PM
Sorry, lol ;p

Up close, all of the humanoids are human, though the color of there eyes makes them look rather dim, almost souless.
The dogs seem to be sort of odd for a dog, since they got a set of horns, and what appears to be a snake for a tail. A hint of smoke and sparks also seems to come out of there noses and mouths. Other than that.. .there black.

Raven T.
2007-10-26, 02:18 PM
Forgot Haste gives an extra attack. Will spread out the hurt if a foe falls.
Attack 3: [roll0] (this roll done right)
Damage 3: [roll1]

Zimmia
2007-10-26, 03:37 PM
Fillia

Moves slightly closer to the center. Casts Magic Circle v Evil

Fillia
Init +3, HP 83/83, AC 27, Touch 14, Flat-footed 24

Haste - 6 rounds
Prayer - 9 rounds
Magic Circle v Evil (10' radius from self) a LOT of rounds (110 minutes)

Krezzlar
2007-10-26, 05:15 PM
Toranus
AC: 27 (maybe 29) ; HP 73 / 78
SV: +14 / +17 / +5
Haste (6), Prayer (9), Inspire Courage (-), Primal Scream (5), (Magic Circle vs Evil if within 10 ft of Fillia)

Toranus barely felt the shot he received from the humanoid. He releases a cougar-like snarl as he shakes his head and advances into the open space before him. With a flick of the wrist, the Heart's Measure transforms from a long sword to a two-bladed sword and Toranus begins to spin the weapon around himself to form a deadly storm of holy steel.

Toranus will take a 5ft step to the upper right square so he is adjacent to the humanoid and 2 hounds. He'll also activate Primal Scream and focus his attacks on the human until he's down at which point he'll move on to the dogs. If Serk has downed two opponents to the upper right or is too big to let Toranus through, Toranus will move to the lower right.

Full Attack

Primary Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1] and [roll2] Holy if target is evil

Two Weapon Fighting Attack[roll3]
Damage[roll4] and [roll5] Holy if target is evil

Haste Attack[roll6]
Damage[roll7] and [roll8] Holy if target is evil

Second Attack[roll9] (crit confirm = 20)*
Damage[roll10] and [roll11] Holy if target is evil

Improved Two Weapon Fighting Attack[roll12] (crit confirm = 19)*
Damage[roll13] and [roll14] Holy if target is evil

Bite Attack[roll15]
Damage[roll16]

*crit confirmation rolls are in OOC thread

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-26, 06:33 PM
Round 2 Summary
Legnassirc attempts to trip the human closest to him and fails.

The dog closest to the group turns around and burps fire. Serak manages to get out of the way, only taking 6 damage. Fillia and Legnassiric on the other hand get a face full, taking 13 damage.

Fillia moves up and casts Magic Circle Against Evil.

The human next to Torranus takes a swipe at him and misses.
A dog tries to attack the guard next to it with both ends (his mouth and its snake tail) and misses.
Another human takes a swipe at a guard and misses.

Serak walks over to the dog that burped on them, and hacks it to little bits.

Next dog up manages to gore one of the guards and manages to do bit of a number on him.

Lucien finds a downs guard close by and helps him out. He rises shakily to his feet, and draws his sword.

Garmund - Moves up to one of the dogs and gets a nice hit on it.

Torranus moves up a bit. The dog tries to attack, but misses.
He drops the human next to him with two blows. He this contiues on to turn the dog into tiny bits.

The last dog withdraws 10 feet back outside the gates.
The last humanoid to go makes an attempt to attack a guard and misses.
One of the guards moves to try and take out the dog nearest to the grop, but misses. The guard next to him attacks the man next to him and draws a bit of blood.

Round 3!
Map has been updated: http://www.gkludt.net/images/group1map.jpg

Zimmia
2007-10-26, 06:57 PM
Fillia
AC 27 / HP 70/83
Saves +11 / +7 / +13
Haste (5 rounds), Prayer (8 rounds), Magic Circle v Evil (110 minutes)
==========

Shaking off the attack, Fillia clenches her fist. "With the power of the gods, this WILL stop."

"Halt"

Cast greater command, centered on the middle human DC19. If they have spell resistance the roll for that (d20+lvl+spell pen.) [roll0]

Concentration roll (including combat casting) if attacked: [roll1]

Raven T.
2007-10-26, 07:19 PM
Serk
Move to AA9, then hack away, using Power Attack.
Initiative 18, HP 66/72, AC 23, Touch 12, Flatfoot 22, 12/10/11 saves, DR 3/Evil
Durations:
Haste-5 rounds
Righteous Might- 8 rounds
Prayer- 8 rounds

Serk quickly steps over the fallen canine, headed for the human at the gate with the blade high over his head, striking downward powerfully to turn the one attacker into two dead pieces.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Raven T.
2007-10-26, 07:22 PM
Excuse this...

Damage:[roll0]

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-26, 08:50 PM
Lucien: (rnd 3)
AC 28, Initiative 16, Fort +10, Reflex +13, Will +7
Psionic Focus, Haste (5), Prayer (8), Inspire Courage (4)

Flames roll down Lucien's arms and spread across his sword as he moves up to the nearest humanoid opponent.

Move action to activate weapon afire, and then move up to the enemy. If possible w/o provoking, Lucien will move in such a way as to allow someone to be flanking with him.

playswithfire
2007-10-26, 10:32 PM
Legnassirc

Concentration check after the attack (DC 23) [roll0]

If I successfully maintain the Telekinetic Maneuver, trip the dog that hurt me so someone can kill it.
Touch [roll1]
Trip [roll2]

If my concentration is broken, the dog has made me mad and I psychic crush it. DC 21 with a +4 bonus or it's unconscious and dying at -1 HP. If it makes the save, it takes [roll3]

Successfully concentrated, so tripping the dog.
49 HP, 30 AC, 22 Touch
Same power points and spell points

Krezzlar
2007-10-27, 01:41 AM
Toranus
AC: 27 ; HP 73 / 78
SV: +14 / +17 / +5
Haste (5), Prayer (8), Inspire Courage (-), Primal Scream (4)

Seeing that Serk and Garmund appear to have their various battles under control, Toranus turns his attention to the remaining humanoid battling the guard. He rushes to the gate and makes a two-handed slash with his blade across the man's side.

Moves forward one square and to the lower right one square and attacks the humanoid to his lower right.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and [roll2] Holy damage if target is evil

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-27, 08:34 AM
Legnassirc

Concentration check after the attack (DC 23) [roll0]

If I successfully maintain the Telekinetic Maneuver, trip the dog that hurt me so someone can kill it.
Touch [roll1]
Trip [roll2]

If my concentration is broken, the dog has made me mad and I psychic crush it. DC 21 with a +4 bonus or it's unconscious and dying at -1 HP. If it makes the save, it takes [roll3]

Successfully concentrated, so tripping the dog.
49 HP, 30 AC, 22 Touch
Same power points and spell points

the dog that hurt you is dead. It got hacked to bits.

playswithfire
2007-10-27, 08:43 AM
My bad; trip anyone who's within melee range of an ally so they can smack them around more easily. Probably the guy Lucien just moved up to.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-28, 02:31 PM
Round 3 -
Legnassirc manages to trip the dog nearest to the group.
Fillia tags the human closest to the group with Greater Command.
Serak runs towards the gate and drops the man at the gates leaving the man in pieces.

The dog closest to the group spends th trying to get up, and manges to get slashed pretty good my Garmund in the process, and ends up back on the ground not moving.

Lucien moves up towards last man.

Garmund contents himself with finishing off the dog next to him.

The last human takes a swing at the guard next to him and misses. Another guard moves up to the man and takes a swing hitting him. The other guard also takes a swing, dropping the man.

And that leaves the last dog who decides to run like hell.

Up to the group to check and see if any of them are still alive and what not.

Raven T.
2007-10-28, 02:56 PM
Serk

Raising his blade high over his head, Serk lets out a victory bellow before returning to his normal size. "The gods smile on us this day, my new friends." He walks over to the man the guards defeated, casting a minor healing spell if it is evident he may still be alive. "Let us see if we can get any information out of him."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-28, 06:10 PM
After using the spell, the man slowly opens his eyes and starts looking around frantically like he expects someone is going to kill him.

Raven T.
2007-10-28, 06:25 PM
Serk

Serk grabs the man by the collar to keep him from getting away and hauls the man to his feet.

"Anyone who has a way with words want to have a few with our attacker here?"

Zimmia
2007-10-28, 07:16 PM
Fillia

"Indeed I am glad we were here. These creatures will not get a foothold in Hawks Warren today."

Fillia turns to check the guards, CLWs for those who need it.

((there were 4 guards and I believe one was dead, I'll CLW the guards who are having problems and then turn to the attacker who is left
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

When she has seen to the guards, Fillia looks back at the man Serk is holding. "What was your intent here today?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-28, 08:00 PM
The guards thank Fillia and begin looking over the corpses 2 dead attackers. An officer of the guard arrives shortly after and begins overseeing getting the guard's wounded back to the guard house, and cleaning up the mess.

The captured man spits on the ground at Fillia's feet. "To burn this pitiful town, and rid the world of your filth."

The officer motions to 2 other guards to restrain the man, and remove his weapons. He then moves to bind the mans wrists. "Any more questions for this 'fine gentleman' before the guards gets to have our turn?"

Raven T.
2007-10-28, 08:12 PM
Serk

"You are welcome to him once we get our answers." Serk lifts the man's chin and looks at him with fire in his eyes. "What do you mean by 'our kind?' WHO SENT YOU, FOOL?!"

Intimidate check, if you want it: [roll0]

Krezzlar
2007-10-28, 08:35 PM
Toranus

The rage subsides as Toranus watches the last opponent flee out the gate. While he could almost definitely chase the dog down and dispatch of the last fleeing attacker, Toranus was still clear headed enough to consider another purpose. He quickly wiped his bloody blade on the grass, cleaning the filth off the sacred weapon then scaled the nearby wall to get a better look at the surrounding area in case more attackers were coming. As he watches the fleeing form of the unnatural dog he whispers to himself "Run hound, run home to safety. Show us the path to your masters."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-28, 10:15 PM
The man glares back with bloodshot eyes "You, All of you will be nothing but dust. You all stand to be swept away by the coming sto-"

The officer of the guard hits the man in the back of the head with the pommel of his sword, knocking him out "That is more than enough madness for one day, I think. The Town Guard will beat some reason out of him soon enough. The magistrate will no doubt have the report in a few days time."

After the dog disappears into the trees, there is nothing except a few remenats of some caravans and there sellers picking up what is left of their wares on the road.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-29, 01:15 PM
Lucien

"Perhaps we should start by improving his disposition." He gestures at the man, and speaks a few arcane words. If it were not for the strange, mystical nature of the words he is speaking, the words might be the key phrases from an speech or impassioned debate, and his gestures might be those made by a practiced speaker to emphasize those points.

"Surely you must realize that your position is hopeless? You can tell us everything we want to know, and then be given a quick annd merciful death, otherwise . . ." he doesn't finish, letting the man fill in the blanks with his own imagination.

Charm Person, DC 18 Will save
Opposed Charisma check to force to answer our questions (via charm person):
[roll0]
Lucien would try to do this before the guard knocks him out

playswithfire
2007-10-30, 07:41 AM
The man glares back with bloodshot eyes "You, All of you will be nothing but dust. You all stand to be swept away by the coming sto-"

Legnassirc

Well, that was incredibly unenlightening. I'm wracking my brain and can't come up with a group that includes all of us but doesn't include him for him to hate so much. I suppose there's always self-loathing though... In any event, much as I admit to being curious about all this, we were on our way to rescue some children I believe. We would then seem to have a choice between staying here to observe the interrogation, continuing as planned or, I suppose, trying to catch up to that beast that ran away, though I'm not sure we could catch up to it. What say all of you?

Raven T.
2007-10-30, 09:15 AM
Serk

"The children are my first priority. This man will not give anything useful up in the near future. Those girl's lives may be in our hands; if we don't move on this, they may not see the morning." Serk hefted his pack and mounted his horse again, trotting toward the gate slowly, but ready to ride at full gallop once everyone else has made their decision.

Zimmia
2007-10-30, 09:30 AM
Fillia

"Agreed," Fillia replied to Serk. "This town should have the ability to defend itself," she said in a voice that didn't sound incredibly confident on this point, "but those girls have no such defenses."

She grabs her things and then gets back on her pony, riding to the gate. "Hold here a moment," she says to Serk quietly in celestial. "I believe the others will be along presently and should tend to injuries before we depart." She nods toward the skirmish at the gate, "It seems as though the gods were correct to send us here."

Going to wait for the others to get nearby and then cast mass CLW for the three of us who are injured: [roll0]

Raven T.
2007-10-30, 09:49 AM
Serk

Serk had forgotten that he had been hit by the hound's fiery attack. "You speak the truth, as always, old friend." Once everyone is gathered, he called upon the Vigor of Kord to bless the group and the guards.

Casting Mass Lesser Vigor on the group and guards.

Krezzlar
2007-10-30, 11:12 AM
Toranus

From the top of wall, Toranus lets out a hawk like shriek. It isn't long before a brown red tailed hawk descends from the sky and lands on his buckler arm. Toranus speaks a few words to the hawk then releases her and leaps down to join the rest of the part.

"The area looks clear, it appears that this was the only attack group. My friend is doing a more thorough scan of the area. I let the last *hound* go free. If we're able to return here in a day or two, I can try to follow his trail to wherever he has gone. Hopefully that may give us some answers but for now, I suppose we return to our journey although there is even more reason for haste now."

Toranus checks himself to make sure he received no serious injuries and then is prepared to head out on foot.

Nua (animal companion) will do a circle of the area up high and see if she can spot any approaching attackers. If any are found, she will report back to Toranus.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-30, 05:56 PM
(Since access to my comp with the maps and stuff is cut off, youll have to bear with me being a bit slow)

(Id let you charm him and squeeze a tidbit more info out of the man, just dont have the time to spare right at this sec, so in favor of moving things along a bit...)
As the group heads towards the gate, the officer has two other guards half-carry, half drag the unconcious man along.

Once out of view of the group, the man regains some of his conciousness. At this point the officer lets the two guards off to do other duties, and pushes the man along by the collar. Eventually he shoves him into a vacant alley "You have failed our master for the last time. He attempts to impale the man with his sword only to have a ghastly chill creep down his neck. "Hello Gentleman." They turn around to see a somewhat familiar figure dressed all in black. "Korisai." The shadow then walks back down the alley leaving 2 piles of dust, some empty clothing, and notably a black rose.

[Once everyone is good with moving out, Im sure Fillia will be more than happy to lead the group to the village ;p]

Zimmia
2007-10-30, 08:29 PM
Fillia

After the group gathers at the gate for healing & other spells, the cleric moves her pony down the road. They come to a crossroads and the trees and other vegetation get much thicker. "We take this southern fork several leagues and will come to another crossroads. The farm villiage is on the easterly fork. There isn't much between here and there," she says in a quiet voice.

[someone with decent spot & listen checks might actually want to be in the lead :smallsmile: ]

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-30, 10:49 PM
Lucien will mount his horse and travel with the group.

((I may not be able to post regularly this week))

Krezzlar
2007-10-31, 10:56 AM
Toranus

Toranus takes the lead, quickly moving in the underbrush near the road. He appears to have little trouble keeping up with the rest of the party, even though they are mounted and he is not. Now that they were out of Hawkswarren, Toranus looks visibly more relaxed and at home in the forest. He pops back occasionally to get directions from Fillia but other than that is rarely seen.

Toranus will scout about 50 yards ahead, keeping an eye out for danger. His hawk Nua will also patrol from the sky and let out three sharp shrieks if any enemies are spotted.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-01, 10:45 PM
The group progresses to the town without any trouble. Arriving at the town, you notice all of it except a few houses have been burned to charcoaled skeletons. A few people can be seen moving about here and there, trying to bring their lives back out of the ruins. In the middle of the path that meanders through the town, there is a sprawled man in robes of a finer quality than you see from the rest of the people who lived there, with a nasty wound through the chest, like someone ran him through.

Raven T.
2007-11-01, 11:59 PM
Serk

"Kord preserve us!" Serk kisses his holy symbol softly. "It is painfully obvious what needs to be done here. I will be tending to their wounds and aiding them in heavy lifting. Whoever is good at asking the right questions...it would be helpful if we could get more information on what really happened. We must help these people; their lives have been destroyed." He starts off toward the nearest family, flitting about, casting healing spells if people are hurt, and aiding them in any other way he can.

playswithfire
2007-11-02, 11:41 AM
Legnassirc

Moving towards the well-dressed man on the ground, Legnassirc attempts to ascertain the extent of his injuries and ask what has happened here (assuming he's alive; if not, the closest other person). Sir, can you hear me? We're here to help you; what happened to this village? Are those responsible nearby?

If necessary
untrained heal check [roll0]
diplomacy check [roll1]

Krezzlar
2007-11-02, 12:03 PM
Toranus

Toranus' mouth tightens as he sees the destruction laid about at the town. People who would willfully prey on simple village folk deserve no mercy. Still, there was another purpose at hand.

"Fillia, if you could show me to the house where those little girls dwelled, I can begin my search for them. It may take me some time to pick up their trail but I believe there is more than enough here to fill our time."

Track roll [roll0]

I get +4 if they're evil outsiders or +2 if they're undead.. no? Oh well. :smallcool:

Zimmia
2007-11-02, 01:28 PM
Fillia

Fillia presses her palms together and brings them to her lips. "The gods themselves demand a reckoning," here she said in a hard voice.

She nods acknowledgement of Toranus and walks to the end of the street, pointing to a house at the end, the gray smoke still wafting from the remains of roof and walls. "They were in that house at the end," she said gently. "Yondalla go with you and aid in the search for the children." She then turns back and begins to tend to the injured.

I don't really know how many people are still left alive so I'm going to make some generic checks and I'll update it later:

CLW: [roll0]
CLW: [roll1]
CMW: [roll2]
CMW: [roll3]
CSW: [roll4]

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-02, 10:44 PM
The man is quite dead.
Looking around you find 5 people, 3 of them injured with burns huddled in one of the remaining houses.

Krezzlar
2007-11-03, 12:45 AM
Toranus

Toranus continues to try to find the trail of the three (or was it two?) daughters.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-11-03, 05:56 PM
Garmund]

I have to say, I can't do much more than serve as a guard for the searchers. Just tell me where you need me, and I can make sure you stay alive"

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-03, 07:05 PM
Toranus finds a bit of evidence around the location of the families burnt house of some people possibly moving into the woods.

Krezzlar
2007-11-05, 02:46 AM
Toranus

"Looks like some of the towns folk might have fled into the woods. The farmer's girls may be there with them."

Zimmia
2007-11-05, 06:05 PM
Fillia

"We should see if we can locate them, some or all of them may need immediate assistance in addition to rebuilding the villiage and their lives," Fillia responds. "I can't track but I can surely follow. Did you see signs of anything else?"

playswithfire
2007-11-06, 08:05 AM
Legnassirc

I too will be of not that much help in the tracking of the children, though the skills that I have are yours to call upon. Shall we begin tracking now or see if we can get any more details about what happened here first?

Krezzlar
2007-11-06, 12:45 PM
I'm just waiting on CloakedInsanity to see if I have any more information. If not, we can just head out into the woods looking for the survivors. Or people are free to question the villagers while Toranus was searching for tracks.

Raven T.
2007-11-06, 08:29 PM
Serk

"When you're ready, lead on. We will find these people, see to their safety, then liberate any captives there may be."

I'm still here...I'm just waiting to interact again.

We're missing a couple people....anyone seen them?

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-06, 10:44 PM
A few people are on and off due to RL (doing my best to post when I can too, some days im extremely busy with school (thankfully only 3 weeks more)

Further searching reveals the track leads a bit further into the forest, where you eventually find a path winding through the forest. Up to the group to follow, or ask a few more questions.

Krezzlar
2007-11-08, 01:52 AM
Toranus

"Did we uncover what happened here? After we question the villagers, we can follow these tracks. I'd speak with them myself but they might talk more freely to some of you."

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-08, 02:01 AM
Lucien

Lucien will approach the townspeople. "What happened here? Who or what did this to you people? Whoever it was, rest assured that justice will be done. Any information you can give us about you attackers would be helpful in our attempt to apprehend them."

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-08, 08:53 PM
You gather the dead man with the nasty looking sword wound was one of the attackers. It also seems there is the possibility there were a few more people in the group of attackers as well.

Zimmia
2007-11-08, 09:00 PM
Fillia

(Look around for the villiager who seems to be the most 'with it' and cross to him).

"This man here, had you ever seen him or the others before today? Aside from me earlier today have you had many strangers here recently?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-08, 09:52 PM
"I saw a person dressed in black, with white hair kill that man out there in the road that was destroying the houses one by one."

Zimmia
2007-11-08, 10:03 PM
Fillia

"Well I'm glad that this man was prevented from killing all of you," Fillia said. "Now, aside from the girls from this house over here, do you have any idea of who else might be unaccounted for?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-09, 09:09 PM
A few of the other villagers managed to run away during the fight, we havent seen them since. Were hoping they got away.

Zimmia
2007-11-09, 10:31 PM
Fillia

Fillia puts a reassuring hand on the mans shoulder. "We are going to do everything we can do find them," she said in a comforting voice. The blessings of the gods comfort you."

She then turned back to her companions. "I think we should find the girls and the others before the agents of that man do," her voice was hard and she nodded in the direction of the dead antagonist.

Raven T.
2007-11-09, 10:56 PM
Serk

Serk hefted his Greatsword. "What are we waiting for? Every moment we spend discussing this is another moment the captives are in danger. The gods demand these...things be shown what happens when you enslave men!"

Krezzlar
2007-11-09, 11:32 PM
Toranus

"Yes, looks like we have learned all we can here. Follow my lead, keep your eyes open as we go. We'll keep as quick pace as possible. Those unused to riding may want to leave their mounts here for the time being."

With that, Toranus heads off to track the villagers into the woods. He sniffs the foliage a few times before settling on a path and gliding between the trees.

Toranus is a pretty quick tracker moving at 25' even while tracking.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-10, 10:28 AM
Toranus finds the path in the woods with little problem. As he moves down the patch in the direction the girls went, he notices something big and black moving through the woods. The thing moves a bit closer, revealing it as being a big black wolf. After awhile, the wolf disappears off deeper into the woods.

Raven T.
2007-11-10, 10:36 AM
Serk

"Looks like we found the one who got away," Serk whispers. "Let's see if he's a good doggy and leads us to his masters."

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-11, 02:49 AM
Lucien

"Very well then, let us track this beast back to the lair of its master, where justice and retribution will be of one accord, and these villains will be laid to rest, and trouble these people nevermore."

He follows after Toranus, on foot.

Krezzlar
2007-11-11, 02:59 AM
Toranus

"I am not certain it is the beast that attacked Hawkswarren... but perhaps it knows something about what happened in the town. Careful though, this may be a trap. Follow some distance behind me."

Toranus moves quickly after the animal, trying to get sight of the wolf again and to get it's attention.

If Toranus manages to get the attention of the wolf, he will try an Wild Empathy check then cast Speak with Animals.

Wild Empathy [roll0]

Raven T.
2007-11-11, 09:21 AM
Serk

Serk follows as quietly as he can, keeping his head on a swivel.

playswithfire
2007-11-11, 09:33 AM
Legnassirc

Legnassirc will do his best to keep up an not get in anyone's way, looking around for any danger.

Zimmia
2007-11-11, 04:17 PM
Fillia

Fillia will be trying hard to keep up and not make noise, watching the companions in front of her for any sudden movement on their part.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-11, 05:59 PM
As the group pushes through the forest looking for where the wolf went, Toranus eventually takes a step, and ends up hanging upside down from a vine well hidden in a tree. A moment later a pair of black wolves are on the group attempting to eat it for lunch.

One of them manages to gnaw on Serk a bit dealing 17 damage.
The other one manages to get a chunk of Lucien dealing 18 damage.

Roll Initiative please (real pain with this slow connection)

playswithfire
2007-11-11, 06:08 PM
Legnassirc

Initiative [roll0]

On my turn, I mentally assault the wolves, manifesting Inflict Pain, hoping to keep them from doing any more damage

((DC 19 Will Save each or they take a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. If they make the save, only a –2 penalty. (5pp)))

Zimmia
2007-11-11, 06:32 PM
Fillia

Initiative [roll0]

On my turn, If there are large people with big weapons behind me, get out of their way. If I'm near one of the wolves, attack it with my mace:

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] direct and [roll3] electricity

If I'm not near enough to attack but can get to Lucien or Serk, Cast cure mod.

CMW [roll4]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-11-11, 07:26 PM
Garmund

Initiative: [roll0]

Garmund will close and use combat expertise when fighting the nearest wolf (+5 AC +2 from sword +1 from Dodge, Attacks at +10/+5)

Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]
If a wolf misses him it provokes an attack of oppurtunity at +4 from Defensive Strike Attack [roll3] Damage [roll4]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-11-11, 07:28 PM
OOC: oops, that second damage should obviously be 1d10, not 20. [roll0]

Krezzlar
2007-11-11, 08:20 PM
Toranus

Initiative [roll0]

Toranus lets out a snarl as he is carried high into the air. He takes a moment to collect himself as he hangs upside down, then tries to swing from side to side and use his momentum to carry himself into a tree.

Escape Artist [roll1]

Raven T.
2007-11-11, 09:26 PM
Serk

"You'll pay for that, fiend!" Serk winces some from the pain of the bite, then focuses his mind, calling forth the power of the full moon to debilitate the foes.

Initiative:[roll0]

Casting Moon Bolt on the wolf that Legnassirc didn't attack, affecting them both if they're within 15' of each other. [roll1] Str. damage, DC 17 Fort. save for half.

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-11, 11:16 PM
Lucien: (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1640)
AC 27, Initiative [roll0], Fort +10, Reflex +12, Will +7

Lucien will step back, conjuring a ball of flame into his hand, and hurling it at the wolf. He then draws his sword.

Bolt of Fire
[roll1] vs. touch
[roll2] fire damage (expending psionic focus for g. psionic shot)

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-11, 11:18 PM
Order -
Serk
Garmund
Wolf
Wolf
Legnassirc
Fillia
Lucien
Toranus

Round 1 -
Serks spell hits both the wolves. It seems to affect one of them more than the other.

Garmund gets a good swipe on one of them with his sword.

Wolf A goes for another bite smacking Garmund for 15dmg.

Wolf B goes for a bite as well smacking Fillia for 11 dmg.

Legnassirc hits both of the wolves with Inflict Pain.

Fillia bonks one of the wolves on the head with her mace.
Toranus contiues thrashing about upside down.

Round 2!

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-11, 11:29 PM
Lucien:
AC 26, Initiative 12, Fort +10, Reflex +12, Will +7

Lucien will step back up to the wolf, and strike it with his sword, flames rolling down the blade as he does so.

If I can. I will attempt to flank. Activating Weapon Afire. Switching enhancement bonus from AC to attack.
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1][roll2]

rolls to confirm a crit if necessary:

To hit: [roll3]
Extra damage: [roll4]

Krezzlar
2007-11-12, 02:29 AM
Toranus

"A little help... if possible.."

Escape Artist [roll0]

playswithfire
2007-11-12, 08:31 AM
Legnassirc

Circle around so that I can hit both wolves with an electric bolt. ((7pp; [roll0] DC 22 Reflex save for half))

Zimmia
2007-11-12, 04:11 PM
Fillia
Init +3, HP 72 / 83, AC 27, Touch 14, Flat-footed 24

Shaking off the bite from the wolf the halfling sets her jaw.

cast searing light at the wolf that bit me. [roll0] damage.

Oh and I rolled a 16 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3508426&posted=1#post3508426)for my to-hit

Raven T.
2007-11-12, 06:37 PM
Serk

Serk lets out a roar, then begins assaulting the nearest wolf.

All right, since I have no idea where I am in relation to the enemy, I'll run the whole gambit. Move to attack of the nearest wolf (no charge, even if I can...too many rolls to keep track of) if I'm not right next to it, otherwise start hacking and slashing at it...Power Attacking at -4 to hit.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Crit conformations (if needed): [roll4] [roll5]
HP:45/62, AC 21, Saves 9/8/10

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-12, 07:29 PM
Serk killes one of the wolfs.
The last wolf attempts to gnaw on one of the party members, but misses. The combination of leg and fillia attacking it, finishes it off.

Leaving Toranus upside down thrashing about.

A close view of the wolfs reveals they definantly are not the same sort of dog from before.

Zimmia
2007-11-12, 07:34 PM
Fillia

Fillia giggles as she looks at Toranus still swinging from the rope. "Probably someone tall would come in handy here before all the blood rushes to his head" she says still smiling.

CLW (me) [roll0] EDIT: right since I'm missing that feat it's +5 as normal for 11 points

Raven T.
2007-11-12, 09:11 PM
Serk

"Allow me, Fillia. We'll get these wounds patched up in just a couple of minutes." Serk raises his hands to the sky, sending a wave of healing energy throughout the group. As he finishes, bones knit back together, wounds close much more rapidly, and everyone begins to feel better.

Hacking Toranus down, he hoists him to his feet. "You all right?"

Casting Mass Lessor Vigor again, then spot heal anyone still short on HP with CLW (someone let me know how many I expend so I can mark it down, please.)

Krezzlar
2007-11-13, 03:41 PM
Toranus

"Overall, not too bad. Thank you for helping me down."

Toranus moves to examine the wolves, checking to see if any are still alive and just dying.

"Wolves normally wouldn't be able to set a trap of that sort..."

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-13, 08:18 PM
The wolves are quite dead.

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-14, 12:26 AM
Lucien

"Which means the wolves have a master nearby. We must be getting close."

Krezzlar
2007-11-15, 05:35 PM
Toranus

"Yes, perhaps. I wonder if they left any clues."

Toranus does a quick scan of the area to see if he finds anything of interest.
[roll0]

If not, he'll continue following the trail of the villagers.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-15, 08:29 PM
Toranus doesnt see anything that sticks out as odd to him.

The trail leads the group to the entrence to some ruins out in the middle of the forest.

http://www.gkludt.net/images/group1map.jpg

let me know marching order.

Krezzlar
2007-11-18, 02:04 AM
Toranus Shadowborne
Init +4, HP 78/78, Speed 50
AC 24, Touch 14, Flat-footed 20, Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +5
Listen +13, Spot +13, Scent 30ft
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Toranus is in the lead. He lets the smells of the ruins wash over him as he scans the area for danger.

"Be ready. I will go first. If anyone has a protective spell or blessing, now may be a good time."

When the group is ready, Toranus will head into the ruins while Nua keeps watch from the sky.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-18, 01:55 PM
Toranus sniffs out quite a few people and dogs that moved have through the ruins, though its hard to tell how many.

Zimmia
2007-11-18, 02:17 PM
Fillia
Init +3 HP 83/83 AC 27
Saves 11 / 7 / 13
-----------------------

"I am certain the gods will watch over us," Fillia says as she grips her mace more tightly, in the middle of the group. She doesn't, however, actually cast anything.

Raven T.
2007-11-18, 02:48 PM
Serk

Init. +5, HP 60/62, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 11, Flatfoot 20, 9/8/10

Serk follows as closely behind Toranus as he can despite his slower speed, ready for almost anything.

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-18, 11:43 PM
Lucien

Lucien will take Toranus' left flank.

Raven T.
2007-11-22, 11:19 PM
Serk
Bump!
"So, where are we going?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-23, 11:54 AM
Still waiting on 2 folks, but it wont hurt to move forward, the other 2 just follow in the back for now.

Raven T.
2007-11-24, 03:05 PM
I just wanted to give it a bump so it didn't fall off the map.

playswithfire
2007-11-25, 04:39 PM
((back from vacation))

Legnassirc

Legnassirc walks as close to the middle as he can to keep the better fighters between him and danger, but periodically falls to the back as he is not very fast.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-28, 08:49 PM
Moving into the ruins a bit, the group comes to a path heading towards the left and right.

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-28, 11:13 PM
Lucien

"Do you see any tracks indicating which way we should go?"

Krezzlar
2007-11-29, 12:58 PM
Toranus

"Perhaps..."

Toranus pauses for a moment as he studies the ground for tracks and sniffs the air.

How big are these ruins?

Survival check [roll0]

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-30, 10:17 PM
They seem to be fairly large, its hard to tell though. There are tracks leading in all directions near the entrence.

Raven T.
2007-11-30, 10:41 PM
Serk

"Well, that tells us where they came OUT of, so I would bet that whatever sent them out is still holed up down there. Let us waste no more time; Kord demand vengeance for the fallen."

Krezzlar
2007-12-02, 01:28 PM
Toranus

Toranus looks up high to see if Nua is indicating having spotten anyone in the ruins. If the hawk is circling over anywhere, Toranus try to lead the team there.

If there are no indicators either way, Toranus will lead the group west.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-02, 02:51 PM
map (http://gkludt.net/images/group1map.jpg) updated.

You found yourself a T with what appears to be a few branches.

The bird looks to have found some people in the ruins, no indication how to get to them though.

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-03, 01:00 AM
"Lead On, Toranus"

((This will just get confusing if we all post which way we go. Why don't we say 'rule of right' in order to expidite getting through this map))

Krezzlar
2007-12-03, 03:36 PM
Toranus

"Sounds good. Keep alert." Toranus flashes an embarassed smile. "And if I happen to end up dangling in the air again, please cut me down as quickly as you can. I may be of use in the battle."

Toranus turns right and starts leading the group down the path.

I'm guessing "rule of right" means that we keep making right turns whenever given the option between left and right?

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-03, 08:21 PM
Going right, you find yourself an empty room.

Raven T.
2007-12-03, 08:51 PM
Serk

Expanding his mind and his senses, Serk looks over the room for magical residue, both for an indication of what kind of power was used to bring forth these beasts and to see if there may be any indication of magical traps within the room.

Sustaining Detect Magic long enough to find out if there's any magic about, what kind it is, etc...basically, everything he can discover with the spell.

Zimmia
2007-12-03, 08:55 PM
Fillia

Pulling her cloak around her, Fillia peers into the room, almost as though expecting the 'boogey man' to jump out at them.

Krezzlar
2007-12-04, 06:50 PM
Toranus

Toranus waits patiently for the others to search the room while keeping a watchful eye outside.

Perhaps the DM can make some search rolls for the party?

Raven T.
2007-12-04, 07:13 PM
Or maybe one of our members that actually has ranks in Search would care to take a look in the room?

playswithfire
2007-12-04, 08:53 PM
Legnassirc

Legnassirc looks around the room.

[roll0]

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-04, 08:54 PM
The group doesnt find anything in the room.

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-05, 12:17 AM
((OOC)) It would really expedite things if you just assume we make spot, listen, and search checks in each area, and then post what we find as we enter the area. Of course we won't have time to make search checks if we encounter something ((/OOC))

Lucien

"It would seem there is nothing here. Let us not tarry in this room, for the longer we remain in one place, the more danger there is to our well-being"

Zimmia
2007-12-05, 01:07 AM
Fillia

"I agree, it there's nothing here let's try and get back on the trail of these poor people," the halfling says, looking around.

Krezzlar
2007-12-05, 01:00 PM
Toranus

Toranus leads them back out of the room and continues into the ruins.

Map update?

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-05, 01:23 PM
map updated (http://www.gkludt.net/images/group1map.jpg)

The group find a smaller path leading off to the left, and the wide path contiues to the right.

Raven T.
2007-12-05, 01:58 PM
Serk

Serk pokes his nose down the left path a little ways, just to see if there's anything interesting, then rejoins the group.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-05, 07:57 PM
Moving down the hall, you come into another empty room. Searching it turns up nothing.

Zimmia
2007-12-05, 08:07 PM
Fillia

"Wow, this is... empty," Fillia comments softly. "I wonder how long it's been like this."

Krezzlar
2007-12-06, 02:53 PM
Toranus

"I do not like the look of that narrow corridor. Too easy to trap. I am going to lead us back and take the upper path."

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-07, 09:34 PM
Finally back from trip.. things will get running smoother ;p

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-08, 02:43 PM
Taking the north path, the group finds another empty room, which searching again turns up nothing.

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-10, 01:00 AM
Lucien

"They must be here somewhere. We must press on!"

(OOC)In the interest of this game not dying, it would probably be best to post something more along the lines of "you head to the east, finding an empty corridor, and then turn back, and head to the north, finding an empty room, with a door to the west. You don't find any traps on the door, so you open it and head down that hallway, until Billy-Bob hears the sound of growling about 30-40 ft. down the corridor. What do you do (here is the initiative order)?" In a pbp you want to reduce the ping rate (the number of posts from the DM it takes before anything interesting happens)(/OOC)

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-10, 06:43 PM
The group moves back the way they came to check out another piece of the ruins.

As you walk along the cooridor, something charges the person in front (Toranus i believe is still is.) The thing fails to hit that person though, wildly missing. As the group gets a good view of it, it appears to be another one of the dog things from earlier, and you managed to find a room full of them. There are also a couple humanoid figures you can make out as well.

Initiative -
Toranus - 5
Dog
Fillia - 8
Garmund - 8
Serak - 13
Dog
Human
Human
Lucien - 20
Legnassirc - 20
Dog
Dog

Round 1

Zimmia
2007-12-10, 06:58 PM
Fillia

Fillia narrows her eyes as she watches one of the dog-things rush at Toranus. She sets her brow and her lips begin to move. As she chants, she begins to glow.

yummm I love combat when I don't have many spells left - Cast divine power - lasts for 10 rounds. Str=18, BAB=+10/+5, 93hp. Total attack bonus will be +15/10 Concentration check if necessary: [roll0]

playswithfire
2007-12-11, 02:13 PM
Legnassirc
((I think my mage armor and shield have worn off, but I'll try to contribute offensively first. AC 22))

Lining up to hit as many as possible, Legnassirc sends a bolt of lightning at the attackers.

Augmented energy burst for [roll0] damage, DC 23 Reflex save for half in a 120-ft. line

((disappointing damage roll))

Raven T.
2007-12-11, 07:26 PM
Serk

"Stand clear, my allies!" Picturing thousands of tiny razors in his mind, an orbiting ring of them appears around him. With his new defenses in place, he bursts into the middle of the room, ready for the coming storm of attacks that will, most likely, be directed at him.

Casting Ring of Blades, 1d6+10/10min., and moving to the center of the room....I hope everyone can get out of my way...

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-12, 01:52 AM
Lucien (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1640)

Lucien will draw his sword as he moves out of Serk's way, and then conjure a bolt of flame, focusing the energy with his mind and launching it at the nearest dog.

80/80HP, AC: 27 (flat 23, touch 17)

Expending my Psionic Focus for Greater Psionic Shot, and switching defending property on.
To Hit- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]Fire Damage + [roll2] Greater Psionic Shot

note- I need a ruling on whether Greater Psionic Shot's bonus damage is fire damage or not.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-19, 05:52 PM
Poor Doggies. The group manages to kill 3 of them leaving 1 dog, and a human standing.

One of the humans takes a shot with a bow, and misses, while the takes a swing with a sword, missing as well (these guys suck)

The last dog charges Serak and misses as well.

Round 2

Zimmia
2007-12-19, 05:59 PM
Fillia

Watching Serk just destroy their enemies, the halfling doesn't bother to charge into the fray. "Fear now, the righteous wrath from the servants of the gods!" she shouts.

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-19, 07:47 PM
Lucien (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1640)

If Lucien is in melee:

Flames roll down from Lucien's hands along his blade as he strikes at his foe.

Activating Weapon Afire, attacking with longsword.
TOHIT:[roll0]
DMG:[roll1] + [roll2] Fire

If Lucien is not in melee:

Lucien pauses to regain his mental focus, and directs another bolt of fire, at the humanoid this time.

Regaining Psionic Focus, and expending it to attack with Bolt of Fire:
Concetration Check: [roll3] (need a 20)
TOHIT: [roll4]
DMG: [roll5]Fire + [roll6] GPS

80/80HP, AC: 27 (flat 23, touch 17)

CloakedInsanity
2008-01-08, 09:58 PM
Sorry... holidays made everything crazy for me.

Lucien fireballs the crap out of the humanoid guy with the bow.

Another one the dogs meets its end when Serak pummels it. The two men use there turn to move towards the group, with the man with the bow staying back a bit. He misses with his shot.

Skjaldbakka
2008-01-26, 09:44 PM
Lucien will proceed to 'fireball the crap' out of another of the opponents this turn as well. Hopefully this game ain't dead yet.

Lucien pauses to regain his mental focus, and directs another bolt of fire at a foe.

Regaining Psionic Focus, and expending it to attack with Bolt of Fire:
Concetration Check: [roll0](need a 20)
TOHIT: [roll1]
DMG: [roll2]Fire + [roll3] GPS