PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinths of Deceit (Group 2)

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-19, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the towns of HawksWarren. How you got here is up to you. It seems the local magistrate has been working to rearrange the town guard. You notice various watch posts and such at the gates, and through out the city.

There are many taverns and inns (if you so choose to have the services of one) though some are more reputable than others.

(Just waiting on everyone to get intros done)

Kyroswolf
2007-10-19, 04:31 PM
As William the Chained enters Hawks Warren, it is obvious where he gets his moniker from. Not from the gleaming Mithral Shirt, for it is hidden beneath his clothing, but from the chain he carries wrapped bandoleer like across his chest. Gleaming with hundreds of sharp barbs, and with heavy, spiked weights on either end.

William himself is covered in scares from both his training, and from his recent battles across the border. Yet he shows no sign of discomfort as he strides through town studying every facet of the place. Upon finding a tavern that doesn't appear to serve more fleas than humanoids, William enters, orders a meal and a drink, and takes a seat to enjoy a pleasant lunch.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-19, 06:14 PM
The bar keep slides a mug of ale and a plate of food across to William.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-19, 06:20 PM
Kulak walks through the gates, pausing momentarily inside the gateway. Pushing hood off of his head, he reveals the striking features of a goliath. His face is expressionless and remote. As he moves past you into the city, a cool breeze brushes over you. He looks carefully at those around him, examining the features for something, though you arent sure what. After a moment, he pulls up his hood once more, and makes his way through the crowd.

Entering a bar seeming at random, he goes to the bar and orders. "Ice brandy." He places some coin on the counter, and carefully lowers himself onto one of the stools.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-19, 06:27 PM
"Aye, a fine choice, while wi may onlee have the second best ale in town, we certainly got the best liquor"
The bar keep flips a glass up from under the bar, and manages to fill it with the drink while it was in the air, before catching it and sliding it across the bar to Kulak.

Duke of URL
2007-10-20, 12:58 PM
V'ael, Grey Elf Archivist

Strange rumors, strange indeed, have reached the elf's ears about the goings on near this place. Something seems... not quite right about them. As if there was something out of place or unnatural. "Something to study," she thinks.

While seeing to be almost oblivious to her surroundings, she nonetheless pulls up suddenly, and says to no one in particular, "yes, this will be a fine place to find some traveling companions." She then enters the tavern directly in front of her, sits down at a corner table, pulls a book out of her pack, and attempts to order some decent wine.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-20, 06:34 PM
Kulak examines the newcomer coldly. He gets up and moves to the gray elf's table, standing with his hands on an empty seat. "You were looking for travelling companions?"

[ooc : listen +13 i'm just gonna say i heard you talking outside the bar.]

tresson
2007-10-21, 01:54 PM
Kel

Kel dropped off the back of the wagon after it passed through the gate. He tossed a silver piece to the wagon driver and looked around. 'So this is the place the rumors talk of. I guess it's worthy enough to be link to my legend.' The Goliath said. 'Now to find accommodation, food and news. My legend won't grow by just standing here."

With that he began to search for an Tavern. His pace was sure and an aura of confidence radiated from him. Soon enough he found a suitable and entered. He noted another Goliath talking an elf. 'The sent of war is bring all sorts I see.' Kel thought to himself. He found a seat at the bar and waved over the barkeep.

"Food, Drink and News my friend."

Duke of URL
2007-10-21, 02:06 PM
V'ael

The elf barely lifts her eyes from the text she is reading. "Hmm... hmm... oh, yes, companions. Always. The search for hidden lore is often filled with dangers. And rewards." She loses the thread of conversation as she becomes re-immersed in her book.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-21, 02:15 PM
The barkeep comes back with a plate of food, and mug of ale. "It would appear the magistrate has been keeping some eyes on events o'er the border, with all the new guard posts and all, it seems trouble is getting closer, just yesterday New Brightwater was burned."

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-21, 03:30 PM
Kulak looks over at the other goliath. "Memories... so many memories...."
He sits at the elf's table, catching the bartender's eye and motioning him over. "Food. Light on the spices, please."

Toliudar
2007-10-21, 03:34 PM
Al

A flicker of movement around at the side of the hearth reveals that what had looked like a blanket thrown over some firewood was in fact a slender halfling woman. Had she been sleeping? Watching someone? It was hard to say.

Her dark hair was pulled back into a knot at the back of her skull, and deep brown eyes scanned the room. Although her movements were lithe and nearly silent, there was a stiffness about her middle that suggested armour underneath her grey cloak.

She slipped between tables to the bar, and clambered up onto a stool even taller than herself. She glanced along the bar at the elf and goliaths. Her voice was surprisingly deep for one so small.

Another whiskey, please. And what's this about New Brightwater?

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-21, 04:38 PM
The barkeep returnes with yet another plate, and brings a glass to the halfling. "It would seem some magician burned the small village to the north last night."
He pauses to fill a glass of a slighty disheveled man at the other end of the bar.
"'tis odd that only a few bodies were found, considerin' the skeletons of the buildings still remained. Usually they leave nothing but ash."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-21, 07:21 PM
William finishes his meal then siddles up to the Elf, Halfling, and Goliaths conversing at the bar. "I take it from what I have heard that the rumors of this land have brought you here as well. I am William the Chained, recently "retired" from The Hall of Moradin."

tresson
2007-10-21, 07:25 PM
After nodding to the halfling woman and the goliath in the corner Kel looked back to the bartender. "I've been on the roads for the past few weeks with the only news I've had was from fellow travelers so my knowledge is limited." He paused to sip at his beer. "You said the lack of bodies was odd. Might I assume that the rumors from other attacks didn't say anything similar?"

He picked at his food waiting for the barkeep's reply.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-21, 11:20 PM
"I hear they usually leave the bodies behind in some fashion. Usually they dont just disappear." He pokes around under the bar for a moment, before setting something, a black flower by the looks of it, on the bar. "Some I believe was telling me they found this one of the few bodies they found. I didnt hear much else before they drank themselves to oblivion."

Duke of URL
2007-10-22, 07:30 AM
V'ael

"Usually?" The barman's comments bring V'ael's nose out of her book. "That suggests a pattern -- how long has this been going on, and what's been done to try and stop it?"

tresson
2007-10-22, 09:27 AM
Kel

Kel pick up the rose and looked at it for a long moment. He turned it this way and that before finally putting it down. "I fear the rose means nothing to me." He stated. "Maybe our good lady elf might know. She does look of the learned disposition."

He turns back to the man who introduced himself as William. "Welcome William. It would appear that we are all hunting the same stag here. Might it be better if we might combine our efforts in this hunt? A group such as ours would make for stuff of legends. But where are my manners. Obviously you would like to know the name of your soon to be leader! I am of course the living legend Kel Namala Gath. The hammer of north. Banisher of the Waste Raiders. Champion of the Rose Trials and, of course, the greatest lover this side of Thotico River!" With that last statement he sends a passing serving woman a wink and a smile.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-22, 09:31 AM
William ponders the name, "Hmm....Kel Namala Gath....no, can't say I've heard of you, but rather confident of yourself though aren't we?" William laughs at his own rather poor joke, "Leader...we shall see, and best lover well," he gives the same passing barmaid his own lobsided grin, "We can let the ladies decide."

Duke of URL
2007-10-22, 09:38 AM
V'ael

The elf pointedly ignores the braggadocio of Kel and William, and examines the rose.

Knowledge check appropriate here? Rolling d20 just in case, we'll add the modifiers later...

[roll0] + modifiers TBD

Edit: Natural 1? Not going to make a good impression there...

Toliudar
2007-10-22, 10:55 AM
Al

While the boys are content to compare penis size over to one side, Al shifts her stool closer to the elf woman, rolling her eyes as she glances over at the three warriors. She too focuses her attention on the black flower.

Sir, who delivered the flower here, and why? Is there no garrison or local authority who would want to investigate this tragedy?

Similarly, hoping to add a knowledge check to this, to determine if there are any organizations, faiths or major powers who use a black flower as a symbol.

[roll0] Religion
[roll1] The planes

Seribro
2007-10-22, 01:26 PM
You her the fluttering of small wings above your head and as you look up, you notice a crow descending to the bar between the strangers and the barkeeper. It seems to be holding a card in its beak that looks a lot like a card from a tarot deck. As it lands it places the card down on the wood, hops a few paces forward and then stares into the common area towards a table with a lonesome young woman. The card depicts the image of a skeleton in a black cloak standing upright holding a big scyth. Beneath the image stands the title of the card: Death.
If you set eyes upon the young lady, you will notice her laying out a few cards across the table she is sitting on.
The crow dissolves into nothingness leaving the card behind.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-22, 02:05 PM
The black rose (that is indeed what it is) looks to be normal, though it does have some rather spiky red tiped thorns on its stem.

Nothing comes to mind for V'ael.
Al recalls an old legend of a group of spies and assassin who used a black rose on their banner.

"The magistrate would no doubt like to, though has his hands full. I believe just this morning on of his messangers sent word of some Reivan troops crossing the border a short distance from here. Hes been out by the guard posts since then."

Toliudar
2007-10-22, 03:55 PM
Al

The halfling in grey looks down at the card marked with Death. Again, she shares a glance with the elf who seems lost in thought.

Well, there's been at least one order of assassins that used such flowers as calling cards. Silly, if you asked me, but that line of work seems to attract eccentrics. Want to get the magistrate's story?

Nodding to the bartender, she snatches up the rose and the card and slips from her stool. Striding, well, striding as well as one can stride with thirteen inch legs, she glances up at the two Goliaths and the human warrior as she goes past.

You still want to help? Come along.

Passing within a few feet of the table with the human woman on it, the halfling woman flicks the card, and it sails up and then settles, face down in the middle of the table. Her voice is gravelly and severe.

You too, princess? Left your calling card on the table, figured you might want to join the party.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-22, 04:06 PM
William

William looks after the departing halfling woman, then turns and raises an eyebrow to Kel, "You have some competition for that whole leader thing I see." He then turns and follows after Al, whistling and twirling one of the weighted ends of his chain between the gauntleted fingers of his right hand.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-22, 04:09 PM
Kulak nods, adjusts his equipment slightly, and stands. "I will come."

tresson
2007-10-22, 04:15 PM
"True rushing off to hunt down evil with a full head of knowledge is always preferable to blindly rushing of to hunt down evil but, admittedly, not nearly as much fun." He stands and shoulders his back. He adjusted it for a minute to make sure that the handle of his massive greathammer is easily with in reach before following the halfling.

"So then if we are to kick butt for goodness together might it not a good thing to at least know each other's names?"

Seribro
2007-10-22, 04:56 PM
The woman smiles and takes the card back, then shuffles it into the deck. It is not my persona trading card, but I heard your friend wonder what happened to the bodies. They are dead, yet they walk. That is why they do not lay around. The cards told me I would meet you and your fellows today. Is there still something missing in your party which I could provide you with? For the right price off course. Perhaps you need a healer? Divine guidance? Swift passage? Or perhaps a brain?
She then takes a look at the flower you carry around and goes over the different guilds she knows
[roll0]

Toliudar
2007-10-22, 05:13 PM
Al

The halfling woman is about to leave when the woman's voice stops her. She turns back.

When I said "party", it was a joke, unless you think tracking down some kind of mass murderer will be fun. There is no "group" here, and all I lack right now are answers. You want to come, come. I'm not paying you anything.

Glancing back at William, Kulak and Kel, she says merely Call me Al. She is then out the door and heading towards the guard posts to seek out the magistrate.

Seribro
2007-10-22, 05:35 PM
As the halfling strides of, she places the deck on the table and takes out a single card to see what it will be. A picture of a figure in a battle-wagon is shown: the Chariot.
A smile appears on Mezumi's face and she softly mumbles to herself.
"Or perhaps all of the services named. No wonder you travel with the Goliaths. Those thugs never refuse a good challenge do they? Just like you...
She puts the cards away and stands up. To follow the halfling outside.
"When I said price, I wasn't talking about daily payment. What I ask for is an equal part in any loot of battle we might come across and for a bit of protection if things go bad. I can deal at the very least the same punch your thugs can, probably even more, but I can not take as much as them. You keep me from harm and I'll make sure you can beat any creature or opponent you go after. Is that a deal?"

Toliudar
2007-10-22, 05:42 PM
Al

The halfling woman turns and speaks slowly to the young woman, using the rest of her patience in doing so.

Loot? A town has just been slaughtered, and with some of the bodies missing, there may be innocents left to save. And you speak of loot? Come along or don't, as you wish, woman.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-22, 06:15 PM
Kulak turns, looming over the 'woman' "I don't see any thugs. Nor am I particularly minded to protect you from harm. Perhaps if you mend your manner, I will reconsider." He looks her coldly in the eyes, then turns away, coldly ignoring any response.

edit : OOC : not the halfling, just to clarify.

Toliudar
2007-10-22, 07:09 PM
Al

Glancing back, and then up - way up - at the goliath now beside her, Al permits a slight smile. She jogs to match his pace.

Nope. No thugs here.

Seribro
2007-10-22, 09:08 PM
Mezumi Does her best to keep herself from chuckling as she sees watches the offended giant walk of with the tiny woman hustling at his side. At first she herself felt offended by the way the who had spoken to her, but when looking at a sight like this, who wouldn't have a hard time to suppress their laughter? Shaking her head a bit she followed the two at some distance, not wanting to provoke any more trouble. This was going to be a very interesting trip. She did hope at least some members in the group were a bit looser then this though. Otherwise it might become annoying pretty soon...

tresson
2007-10-22, 09:13 PM
"Thug is it? I have to say your manners would make even hill giants blush, little girl. I should know." It is as if a dark cloud had passed over Kel's face when he said this. All the ever present confidence and cheer seemed to have been drain from his face. Then as quickly as the fore mentioned cloud passing in front of the sun it was gone and he was back to normal. "I would suggest, young lady, you do something about your manners and altitude is you wish to have a role in my legend."

He turns away form the human woman toward the door. "So do you know the way to the guard posts Al?"

Kyroswolf
2007-10-22, 09:13 PM
William looks between the two Goliaths, the Halfling, the bookwormy elf, and the lady. "What have you gotten yourself into now? First a band of war hungry dwarves now this." He shakes his head as the joins the group looking for the magistrate.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-22, 09:24 PM
Note to self: Goliaths, an Elf, and a halfling in a party makes for great entertainment. Im wondering which will die first.

Just waiting for everyone to get on board with going to talk to the magistrate.

Duke of URL
2007-10-22, 09:53 PM
V'ael

"More information is always preferable to less. I heard rumors of strange doings... it appears they are true." She packs up her book and follows the others.

"Hmm... names?" She seems to suddenly remember that part of the conversation. "You may call me V'ael. It's as good a name as any to use, I suppose."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-23, 01:51 PM
The layout of the town is such that it is easy to get to the townhall, since its one of the bigger buildings in town. It would also appear that the magistrate lives there as well. There is also a guard post near the entrence to it as well.

Toliudar
2007-10-24, 04:44 AM
Al

Glancing behind her and doing a quick head count of those who have tagged along from the inn, Al shrugs. She glances up at Kel.

So, Kel, you know anything about assassins who leave black roses, but take some of their victims' bodies with them when the y go?

Arriving at the guard post Al speaks quickly and brusquely.

Volunteers here. Hoping to speak with the magistrate about New Brightwater.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 10:54 AM
The guard looks at Al and the grop behind him for a moment, then turns for a moment to one of the other guards at the door. The guards steps inside for awhile before coming back "Follow me." He holds the door open for the group to pass.

Duke of URL
2007-10-24, 11:04 AM
V'ael

The elf follows along, making random, passing comments about the nature and utility of the architecture in the building.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-24, 12:10 PM
William follows closely behind the guard, laughing internally at the antics of is compatriots.

tresson
2007-10-24, 01:42 PM
Kel considered Al's words for a moment before shrugging. "I knew of one that used a red rose in Troi-River but none that used a the black rose. As for removing the bodies that speaks to me of necromancers and cultists but beyond that nothing."

When they arrived at the guard house he followed the guard in while keep an eye out for the moral of the soldiers.

I assume that would be a sense motive or spot roll right?
Sense Motive:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 02:24 PM
As far as you can tell they are doing their job. If their moral is low, its hard to tell just glancing at them.
The guards seem to be fairly well equiped, obvious results of the magistrate reorganizing the guard.

Toliudar
2007-10-24, 06:34 PM
Al

Al immediately follows the guard in. She gazes around at the soldiers on duty, but not at their armaments.

Activating her detect-evil-o-vision and scanning as they move through the building. Scanning her new "friends" as well. Can't be too careful!

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-24, 07:06 PM
EDAR shows none of the guards or the group as evil.

The guard leads the group into a large room with a desk cluttered with paper. A moment later a man walks in through a door off to one side, straightening a rumpled looking coat. By the looks of him he hasnt shaven for a few days either. "What is this about New Brightwater?"

Toliudar
2007-10-25, 01:44 PM
Al

Aha! I figured that barkeep wasn't being completely forthcoming. Perhaps the magistrate hasn't been informed at all.

Al slips forward and hops up onto the desk, careful not to dislodge any of the papers, although they certainly do scatter a bit. The better to make eye contact with the others, after all. She sets the black rose down on the desk and stares accusingly at the magistrate.

Barkeep in town said that wizards destroyed the village of New Brightwater recently. That there may be fewer bodies and less destruction than usual, suggesting that there might be abduction as well as mass murder involved. What are you doing to investigate, and would you be willing to take on additional volunteer support of -

She glances over those who have entered with her, nodding briefly to the elf woman. V'ael, had it been?

- some skill.

Her eyes continue on, to the young woman with the fondness for playing cards.

Some of us might have a more mercenary intent in their presence here. They'd need to speak for themselves.

Duke of URL
2007-10-25, 01:51 PM
V'ael

The elf woman seems to not be paying much attention as she gazes around the room, but her comments do seem to be on target, if a bit distracted, when she speaks.

"Hmmm... yes. Strange happenings. Strange rumors, too. Hmm... investigation is in order."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-25, 01:53 PM
William steps to the forward as the little woman finishes speaking. "I would request only that if I am unable to return a stipend to be send to my family. I can give you there location if that is alright. Beyond that I will take up with my cohorts here."

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 05:09 PM
The magistrate doesnt seem to be annoyed at all. He pluckes the few fallen papers off the floor and tosses them on top of one of the piles.

"Hm.. Oh dear, and here there was only sightings of them along the main roads." He moves a few piles around, before producing a map, on which he uses a pen to make a few marks.
"I believe just this morning I saw some people walking through the gates from a town that was attacked... yes Brightwater could have been it" he notes, looking through a book he pulled out of a drawer.

A guard comes walking through the door, and hands the magistrate a piece of paper. He eyes the group standing in the office, and the magistrate waves him on."We have reports of a group of skirmishers on the road, they have already disrupted a few caravans. Seems they may also have a few spies already in town as well, sir."

Seribro
2007-10-25, 07:51 PM
Mezumi looks around at the guard and thinks it over for a moment.
"How about if we take care of this gang of skirmishers while the magistrate searches through his notes and all and comes up with a plan. Then by the time we return he can send us on our way with all the information we need and any objectives that might prove essential to driving out these rogue magicians. Just a suggestion of course."
She shrugs with this last sentence and glances at the halfling with a smile that seems to be saying she just stated the obvious.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-25, 08:19 PM
The magistrate reads the piece of paper a few times over, and glances at the timepiece on the wall "Hm... that would put it at about a 2 hour journey to here." he looks up from the paper, almost like he remembered the group of people standing on the otherside of his heap... i mean desk.
"Might actually be for the best to rout out these spies. While stopping the attack is an honorable thing to do, the guards should be enough. Information, as you have said would be invaluable." He motions to the guard "Make your way out to the main gate and make sure they are alert. Now as for these spies..."

Duke of URL
2007-10-26, 09:07 AM
V'ael

"What do you know of these... hmm... spies? Are there any leads or even a clue of whom... hmm... or what they work for?"

Kyroswolf
2007-10-26, 01:23 PM
"Well, I prefer a straight fight, but if you want us to root out some spies I'm all for that too. Any suggestions on where to start?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-26, 02:08 PM
About how many people are in this town?
Is there a wall around the town? If so, how many gates? Are the gates staffed at all times?
Is this a pretty quiet, benign area, or a bit more rough and tumble?

Thanks - it's shaping up to be a good campaign. All the best![/QUOTE]

Its a small town... about a 1000 people or so.
The town is built along a river, but the parts not up against the river do have a wall, with 2 main gates, with the main road running through the town. The river is deep enough to allow for some commerce as well, but the town only has a small dock.

The gates are manned by the town guard all the time, and the gates close around sunset, and open around sun rise.

Parts of the town are rough and tumble (mostly those parts with the more disreputable taverns, though most of the areas along the main road are nice.

Tossing that info out for everyones use.

"I believe there is the possiblity some of them came with the refugees from the town." He pulls out a fresh sheet of paper and begins copying some information from the sheet the guard handed him. "I suggest you start by interviewing the refugees for any leads, you can probably find some of them around the local inns." He picks up the rose and looks at it for a moment "hm... also if you could go visit Miss Selvia, she might know something about this." He hands the paper and the rose to the group.

On the paper is a list of names along with some descriptions of 20 people. Most of the people on the list are from 4 families that apparently lived in the village.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-26, 03:09 PM
Kulak looks at the sheet, then nods. "Let's go find some refugees first. They might give us other questions to ask Miss Selvia."

Toliudar
2007-10-26, 05:28 PM
Al

That sounds all right. Shall we start back at the inn we started at?

She hops off the desk, and is ready to go.

Back at the inn (or at whichever one we end up with), Al will pace the room, muttering confusedly about having misplaced a ring as a pretext for using EDAR to identify stronger candidates for the position of "spy for a mass-murdering bunch of brigands."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-26, 05:34 PM
William

William follows Al to the tavern and moves back to the bar. He sits next to the most likely candidate and begin to chat him up. While doing so he keeps an eye on Al as well.

[roll0]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-26, 06:47 PM
EDAR shows a few faint evil auras in the inn, but mostly comes up with a bunch of nothing.

The person William sits down next to looks at him and goes back to his drink.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-27, 08:10 AM
William adjusts his seating to prominently display one of the weighted and spiked ends of his chain to the patron he is chatting up. "Perhaps this could persuade you to be a bit more forthcoming with any information?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-27, 08:38 AM
The man looks up again at William with a bit of a scared look in his eyes "All...All i know is some refugees came in through the East gate this morning."

Duke of URL
2007-10-27, 01:00 PM
V'ael

V'ael finds a pleasant enough face (at least relatively) to talk to, and begins an amicable conversation. She slips in her questions at opportune times. "Hmm... is anything out of the ordinary around here?" and "What do you think about these refugees... are they really fleeing trouble or do you think it is an excuse to move here without question?" and the like.

[roll0]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-27, 04:05 PM
You get a good idea where the refugee families are staying. From the mans info, you gather there are 5 people that were by themselves. One of them apparently was wearing black clothes more finely made than someone that would normally live in the small town. He doesnt know anything about their whereabouts at all.

From what you gather as far as the random questions, there is the possibilty, though for a whole family to arrive, especially some with small children, it would seem unlikely. You also hear of some news and rumors of events happening in a few other towns that could be connected.

Toliudar
2007-10-27, 11:54 PM
Al

Completing a circuit of the room, Al manages to make eye contact with the others, giving small shrugs. She moves outside, hoping the others will follow, so that information can be shared.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-28, 10:51 AM
William follows Al outside. When the rest have gathered he will relay his rather ineffectiveness at gathering intel.

Toliudar
2007-10-28, 08:10 PM
Al

When the others have gathered:

Well, near as I can tell, none of the folk in there are ultra-powerful spies or mass-murderers. Anyone else have better luck?

Seribro
2007-10-29, 09:01 AM
As the search for clues seems to run a little dry, it comes to Mezumi that perhaps they are searching in the wrong place. She goes through what she knows about the town to see if she can think of any locations where they might be more fortunate
[spolier]knowledge local [roll0][spoiler]

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-29, 09:54 AM
Some reputable inns come to mind, like the Bahumuts Nest.

Duke of URL
2007-10-29, 01:58 PM
V'ael

"I have found, if the rumors are to be believed, that there is one refugee who seems a little out of place with the others... a little too... hmm... well-heeled for a small town. As well as a few others who have gone missing from public view." She goes on to detail what she learned about the location of the other refugees.

Seribro
2007-10-30, 02:56 AM
Mezumi smiles and steps forward to the grey elf.
"Perhaps we should see what the Bahamuts Nest can tell us. Although I might need to warn you. Information there is a lot more varied and immersive, but so are the scruffies that roam that place. But if you know how to protect both your purse and your skin, it might be very worthwhile to check it out."
She makes her way out of the door and waits in front to see who decide to join her.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-10-30, 10:02 AM
Kulak nods. "Though I would prefer that we question the refugees further, I am in favor of anything that moves things along".

He moves to the doorway.

Duke of URL
2007-10-30, 10:26 AM
V'ael

"Hmm... yes... more investigation. We should also follow up with the refugees who haven't managed to disappear." She follows the others.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-30, 10:38 AM
"Lets go check with the refugees. If we can't find anything new from then we can check the other travern."

Seribro
2007-10-30, 03:04 PM
Mezumi

Mezumi shrugs
"Suit yourself, I'm going over. If your looking for the place, Bahamuts Nest. I'll check in back here if I find anything useful and you guys haven't showed up yet. See you then."
With this said, she walks of to go bring the B-Nest a visit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few blocks away in a slightly dirtier part of town at a pub called Bahamuts Nest

[roll0] knowledge [local] to see if I know "that one guy that always knows everything about everyone"
[roll1] Gather information about this stranger that came with the refugees but was dressed oddly in dark clothing and didn't seem to belong with the rest. Do I get a synergy bonus/circumstance bonus if I know "that one guy"?

When entering the inn, Mezumi finds a few familiar faces and does some catching up before casually throwing in the questions about the matter she is after. She is already holding a few gold pieces in hand in case such a thing might loosen up the tongues.

CloakedInsanity
2007-10-30, 06:01 PM
In The Nest you manage to locate a family of 4 that was refugees. (2 Adults, a newborn, and a child)
You also figure there are atleast a few people in the guard that know a fair ammount of people. This "Miss Selvia" also rings a few bells as well.

Toliudar
2007-10-30, 07:01 PM
Al

Right. Checking on the refugees? I'll be around, but not seen, if you don't mind.

Squinting for a moment, Al disappears from view. She pads after V'ael towards where the refugees have been housed.

In case we don't know of the refugee housing, Al will be looking for anything with a temporary cast to it - lean-to's, tents, brand new buildings, etc. If the others head in a different direction, she'll follow them until it either takes them somewhere useful or dead-ends, at which time she'll verbally try to guide them towards an aforementioned kind of structure. EDAR on full.

Seribro
2007-10-31, 03:12 AM
So, "Miss Selvia" is the name. A woman. That wasn't exactly expected. Thank you for the info, we really should play a game of the dice again some day. If you by any chance happen to hear more about this "Miss Selvia", please let me know okay? Here, buy yourself a drink from me
She gives the lad a kiss on the cheek and drops a gold coin before heading out for to the guards headquarters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When she arrives at the building, she walks up to a random guard and asks.
I am looking for a person but I only know her name. She is one of the refugees but did not settle with the rest of them. Who should I talk to?

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-01, 10:41 PM
The guard looks at you "We usually dont track the whereabouts of people around the town. Most of the people from New Brightwater I believe are around the local inns, though some settled in with their families. If you have a list of names, One of us may be able to point you towards their houses. As far as this single person, I wouldn't know. If they are out to cause harm, Im sure their actions will become apparent in time."

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-03, 08:20 PM
Kulak

Uncomfortable approaching the refugees, Kulak instead decides to talk to their children. He sees a group of ragged children near a bar, and goes to talk to them.

"Are you from the town which was attacked? Children often see so much, and nobody listens to them. Do you remember a Miss Sylvia? Tell me about her please."

Kulak sits down on a barrel to somewhat lessen the height difference.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-04, 11:04 AM
One of the children looks around, "New Brightwater?" The girl looks away for a moment, then back. ""I dont know anyone named Miss Selvia. Miss Aniye helped my family make it here, she was an elf!"

Duke of URL
2007-11-06, 12:49 PM
V'ael

V'ael does talk directly to the refugees, providing a sympathetic ear (and a few coins to help them get their feet under them in a new place), while gently steering the conversation toward any unusual information about the attack on the town itself, the other refugees who have disappeared, and any information about a "Miss Selvia".

[roll0]

Seribro
2007-11-06, 02:38 PM
Mezumi shakes her head.
I have no list, only one person I am interested about. Her name, or at least the one she seems to be using at the moment, is "Miss Selvia". Does that ring any bells? She is suspected to be a spy of the rogue wizards that are causing trouble amongst the villages in the area. We have no solid evidence yet, so I was hoping to speak her in person first.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-06, 03:05 PM
William stays with V'ael, doing his best to be the bad guy to her good guy wherever it suits.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-06, 10:52 PM
No one seems to know a "Miss Selvia." Questioning the various people in the inn reveals a person wearing all black clothing and a hood (with possibly a rather nasty looking sword) did lead a family of refugees to the inn, leaving shortly after an apparent group of adventurers that had some interest in them arrived. They also reveal that apparently this figure payed for a room for the people as well. The other group apparently left soon after as well, in search of some missing people from the village.

Toliudar
2007-11-06, 11:55 PM
Al

Al inquires at the inn where the black cloaked figure paid for the family, specifically to learn their names and whether they are still staying there at the inn (or, if not, if the inn-keeper knows where they moved to).

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-07, 10:38 PM
Asking around, you find out from the family, apparent the cloaked persons name was Miss Aniye. The inn keeper believes she stays in one of the local houses.

Duke of URL
2007-11-14, 12:49 PM
V'ael

V'ael sees if she can get a location on the house that "Miss Aniye" is at, and if so, proceeds to rendezvous with the rest of the party before paying a visit.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-14, 02:07 PM
Someone points you towards one of the larger houses back towards one of the larger squares in town, in fact in the same general area as the town hall.

Seribro
2007-11-14, 06:11 PM
Mezumi sighed as she was back on the streets again. How could it be that an entire inn had managed to confirm that some vague description belonged to a woman named miss Selvia and yet no-one at the guards, who are supposed to know what's happening in their city, has ever heard of her? Some government we have...
She decides to check up with the rest to see if they have any more luck and walks back to the inn where they first met.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-16, 11:54 PM
Kulak

Notices Mezumi passing by, and waves goodbye to the kids. As he turns, the smile slowly fades from his face. He nods silently to Mezumi as he walks beside her.

"No luck here. Did you find anything?"

Seribro
2007-11-17, 12:25 PM
Only a name, miss Selvia. But nobody could tell me where to find her. The guards never even heard the name before.
She sighs and notices several people allready missing.
Personally, I would much rather have a clear target then searching some refugee with a vague description and probably three differend fake names somewhere in a town as this... If only I had something solid to work with. If were still surging for clues tomorrow, I'm going to ask the spirits to do some searching for me. Don't know if an alias of a person is enough to locate her though, but I suppose that might be worth a shot. Between you and me though, I really hope we won't be needing to do another round of this tomorrow.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-17, 01:17 PM
Kulak

Kulak's hand briefly seeks out the handle of an axe, and tightens. He looks at it, seemingly suprised at its action, and brings it back to his side.

"Agreed."

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-17, 11:14 PM
As the group starts making their way back out to the street, you see a commotion in the people meandering about the streets. You see a man, seemingly running for his life, with a person wearing black and a rather nasty looking curved sword in its hand bearing down on the man, with its cloak flowing out about it. They seem to be running towards the general direction of the square near the magistrates house.

Toliudar
2007-11-18, 02:26 AM
Al

Al was a bit dejected. For all of her vaunted abilities, she had turned up nothing in this town.

Seeing the two figures running down the street, she sprang into action. Not ready to believe either innocent or trustworthy at the moment, she nonetheless recognized the need to incapacitate the pursuer first.

Activating her boots, Al dashed towards the two figures, drawing her sling. She dashes off a spell at the second, and positions herself to try to follow up with a second spell if the first fails.

Al's using her boots of speed (if necessary) to get within 30' of the second figure, then casting Hold Person. Will DC 19 to save.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-18, 04:10 AM
Kulak

Pulls both his axes free of his cloak, and whirls them in his hands. Then runs forward, not engaging either party. I'll stop them from killing each other, till im sure which of them is on the side of the demons. Then I'll strike.

((30 ft move, towards the action. then readied action, attack anyone who charges me. Not because i think it'll happen, but because it's my character's instinctual first combat turn.))

Seribro
2007-11-18, 07:52 AM
Mezumi looks up surprised for a moment when she hears the tumult further on in the street. She smiles when she sees the two figures running their way. Then she notices Al jumping up on the pursuer from behind and watches how Kulak swiftly approaches from the front. She estimates it a second ten before they reach her so she has a bit of time to work up an incantation.

"Spirits of the undergrowth, come to my aid. Form in this world your physical as I summon thee!"

Summon natures ally V, appears on next turn.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-18, 11:43 AM
The spell hits the pursuer, but apparently has little effect. Never the less, they spin around and stop, with its blade at the ready. The man they were chasing contiues running

(Make sure to pick what you summon)

Duke of URL
2007-11-18, 02:50 PM
V'ael

((Assuming she's on-scene))

"Hmm... perhaps you should DROP that!"

Spell: Command (drop) on figure in black, DC 20

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-18, 03:48 PM
"If you insist..." revealing the cloaked figure is female.

She lets go of her sword, and as the point hits the ground, it dissapates into shadowy wisps. Those that look closely can see it somewhat resemble a rose before it disappears.

A feeling of despair emenates from her after she drops the blade obviously being felt by most of the people around the streets. ( -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Will negates, DC19)

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-18, 04:26 PM
((woops doublepost))

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-18, 04:27 PM
Kulak

Kulak steps in front of the fleeing man, both axes at the ready.

"Stop."

He says it in a tone of voice that adds 'or die' in a way that implies that he truly won't hesitate.

Intimidate (free action) [roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-11-18, 05:56 PM
William

Following Al to the pursuit, William unwraps his chain and prepares to keep the figure in black from causing harm.

Move to get in range then readied action for a trip attack, if the figure in black attacks anyone in the party or any innocents. Drop the chain if they trip me.

Toliudar
2007-11-18, 09:37 PM
Al

Fighting stealth with stealth, Al abruptly disappears from view.

Standard action to activate ring.
Move action - half speed move towards the fleeing person.

[roll0] Move silently
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Listen Looking for any kind of trace of where the black rose assassin-type person is currently located.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-18, 09:38 PM
The man attempts to keep running.

The lady in black begins muttering something, and as the man tries to run around Kulak, he suddenly comes to a screeching halt as his limbs refuse to answer to him.

She ignores William, moving towards her prey.

Al's senses manages to spot the fact the black clad ladies sword turned into something resembling a shadowy rose before disappearing.

Toliudar
2007-11-19, 12:19 AM
Al

finishing her run towards the now-frozen man, Invisible Al reaches out and touches him. He also vanishes.

Should we be working with initiative at this point? I feel a bit bad for leaving the others out of this.

Al's next action will be to finish reaching the frozen man, whispering "Relax, I'm just getting you out of here." and Dimension Door-ing both of them to her room in town, wherever that is. If it's not within 800', then she'll dimension door into a nearby building that she got familiar with as they were interrogating folks in various taverns, etc.

Duke of URL
2007-11-19, 08:32 AM
V'ael

"I'm afraid we'll need to ask you some questions... I'd suggest surrendering to avoid pain."

[roll0] -- failed, unless vs. enchantment (+2 save bonus)
Move action: Draw longbow and ammo from efficient quiver
Ready action: Fire longbow if lady in black takes any offensive action (will roll if needed)

Seribro
2007-11-19, 09:57 AM
Somewhere around the moment the man freezes, a ray of a strange brown glow surrounds him and swells up. The glow takes on matter and a giant snake wraps its body around the frozen man. The head turns towards the woman in black and hisses dangerously asif warning her not to approach any further.

(If the woman reappears and comes to close, the head takes a bite at her. Otherwise, the snake just keeps his target grappled and pinned)
auto hit attack roll since the target is frozen, opposed grapple check [roll0]

Mezumi smiles and readies another spell, just in case the wench does try anything stupid. (ready disspell magic to counter the woman in black tries anything aggressive)

((Edit: Wasn't aiming for Al, thought the woman in black had disappeared too. My mistake, I will alter the post a bit to make more sense. Also, "reach in" is going to require her actually climbing up the snake, which he feels. And that is not just because your one of the 'small races'))

Toliudar
2007-11-19, 12:45 PM
Al

Ah, love it when we inadvertantly work at cross purposes. Sorry, Seribro! But since Al is invisible, the snake shouldn't get an attack of opportunity against her, and she's most definitely not attacking anyone, so shouldn't reappear. She should still be able to reach in and touch the guy.

I forgot to do a Will save [roll0] against the black rose woman's effect.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-19, 01:10 PM
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to withdraw. Real life concerns are picking up, and the game I am DMing is starting to take more of my time. I have enjoyed it, and would have liked to see where the machofest would have gone. Yall have fun.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-19, 01:48 PM
Thanks for letting me know kryos.

Everyone please roll int (know its a bit late) Can just treat this as sort of a "Surprise Round"

Al Dimensional Doors out with the man. Leaving the rest of the group with the woman.

Al suceeds on the save, ignoring the effects.
Va'el Succeeds.

The frozen guy is still not going nowhere, and now has a snake crawling on him as well.

The woman looks Va'el up and down from the depths of her hood. "Surrender? Why should I want to do that? But by all means, ask questions if you must."

[Its tricky when you dont have all your resources with you... hopefully got everyone back to the same page... gotta love RL]

Seribro
2007-11-19, 02:51 PM
Wait, there was a third NPC in the picture? (apart from the bunch of randomly generated nameless bystander NPC's)
I thought there was just black cloaked woman chasing a now frozen and grappled man. Who is this third woman that just got dim-doored out of here? :smalleek:

Toliudar
2007-11-19, 03:41 PM
Yup, I'm as confused as Seribro. Here's the scenario as I understand it:

We're walking down the street as a group.

Man comes running down the street, screaming. He is pursued by woman in black.

Kulak, Al and William move forward. Al casts hold person. Vael casts command. Mezumi begins casting summon spell.

Man keeps running. Woman drops/activates swords and keeps moving.

Al goes invisible. Vael gets out longbow.

Man keeps running, and is near Kulak. Woman in black does something to paralyze man.

Mezumi's summoned snake appears, and grapples the man. William becomes an NPC, and might or might not take an attack of opportunity on the woman as she runs past him.

Al dimension doors the man (Seribro, I don't see anywhere in the rules that grappling someone = lifting them up off the ground, nor does it eliminate access to that individual, or else you wouldn't be able to attack a grappled creature. So no snake-climbing for Al, I think).

A second man either becomes, or does not become, a part of the story.

Regardless, [roll0] Here's an initiative roll for Al.

Seribro
2007-11-19, 07:25 PM
Giant constrictor is a huge creature so it takes up a 15x15 square. The man is a medium so only takes up a 5x5. With the grapple action one has to enter the opponents area so the area must be overlapping.

Now for common sense: Its a snake. A constricting snake. That means it wraps itself around the prey. Which means the man is in the center of his 15x15 area.
SSS
SMS
SSS

Now I know there are no hard rules that say you can not touch a grappling target, but that's because standard grappling rules are designed for creatures within one size category of each other. This is, like said before, wrapped around the target. I admit, I do not know how big exactly a huge snake is supposed to be and it is indeed likely his head, perhaps even a bit of his shoulders, is sticking out on top. But your a halfling. So unless you have a ring of jumping +10 and happen to be belkar the multiclass barbarian ranger, I don't see how your going to get in touch with him. Let alone long enough without warning the snake, who has the scent-ability by the way, to cast a spell that's a standard action in a threatened area.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-19, 07:53 PM
Kulak

I'm assuming that the snake is in fact taking care of the guy/or somehow other than that he is out of commish. If he isn't i'll edit this post quite severely.

Init : [roll0]

In a voice which manages to be both deep and hard...
"Why would you want to surrender? As an alternative."

Kulak stalks forward towards the girl (standard move action). His axes weave a slow pattern in the air, an almost hypnotic rythm. (ready action, attack the girl if she attacks anyone in the group).

Toliudar
2007-11-19, 07:54 PM
Well, this will amuse us until the game gets started again.

Game mechanics: Grappling a character doesn't stop line of effect or line of sight to a character. Even being grappled by a much larger creature doesn't do that. Scent ability would allow it, on its next action, to take a guess where Al is and make a bite attack, if desired, but it wouldn't stop her from acting. And the whole point of size modifiers for grappling is that it's designed for all sizes of creatures. You can argue that it does a good or a bad job of that, but (for example) the Improved Grap mechanic that you're employing with the snake would seem to suggest an effort to mechanically describe grappling by creatures not of the same size.

"Common Sense": Always a dangerous and catgirl-killing concept in D&D, but here goes. A huge constrictor snake is very long, so it can be present in a 15' circular area. Doesn't mean that it fills every square inch of that area. You assume that only head and shoulders would be sticking out, but it is in fact just as likely that a hand, a foot, a knee etc is protruding.

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-19, 08:40 PM
How i read it is: The man was being pursued by the woman.

You manage to stop the woman (the same person as the lady clad in black), she in turn nails the guy as he tries to get by the group with some word of power, and he comes to a screching halt like a spell hit him.

Somewhere in there a snake starts further making him go nowhere, and Al sneaks in and Deminsional Doors out with him.

This leaves the rest of the group with the lady, and a snake now not wrapped around something.

Hopefully that clears everything up.

The woman seems not to bothered by the group closing around her carring weapons, obviously waiting the groups move.

In the mean time the group hears the shouting of what would seem to be a large crowd gathering down the street in a nearby square.

Seribro
2007-11-20, 07:08 AM
All right, fine, I still disagree but won't fuzz any further. Mans gone, black cloaked woman about to become a snack. If that one disappears as well, I'm going to randomly pick bystanders...
initiative [roll0]

Duke of URL
2007-11-20, 08:05 AM
V'ael

[roll0]

Toliudar
2007-11-20, 09:55 AM
Al

It's the first time in a while that Al finds herself in her tavern chamber with a man whose name she doesn't know, and she wastes no time on pleasantries.

Sorry, friend, but I can't take the chance that there was a good reason she wanted you dead. We'll figure all this out later.

Quickly, with a pair of sharp, precise punches, she tries to render the man unconscious, becoming visible in the process.

Full attack with sneak attack, non-lethal damage.

[roll0] Base damage, first punch
[roll1] Sneak attack damage, first punch
[roll2] Base damage, second punch
[roll3] Sneak attack damage, second punch

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-20, 08:38 PM
The blows smack the man around pretty good, though hes still able to sort of stand, as much as the binding spell allows him. It seems to be wearing off a bit. A few more good blows from Al makes the man unconcious. (Gotta love beating helpless guys)

The woman outside with the remaning group members
Al - ** Currently Away from group

Vael - 20
Kulak - 18
Mezumi - 13

Still waiting on a few folks.

The woman begins chanting something in some type of language no ones heard of. They seem to echo deep down in side of everyone around, almost touching the very fiber that makes up a person.

Seribro
2007-11-21, 04:12 AM
As soon as Mezumi sees the woman begin her chanting, she completes her own and unleashes a thrust of anti-magic, to straighten out the weavings the woman is shaping.
takes readied action: dispell magic as counterspell casterlevel check: [roll0](DC: 11+enemies caster level)

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-21, 07:17 PM
Kulak

Smiling, Kulak charges (on his turn).

Charge attack, max distance is 120feet. Power Attack for 9 points. +8 str, +2 greater weapon focus, +2 charge, +1 weapon = +13 to hit
+12 str, +2 weapon spec, +1 weapon, +9 power attack = +24 damage
[roll0]
[roll1]
dunno if you do fumbles, but i rolled a 1. YAY!

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-21, 08:20 PM
Mezumi manages to counter the spell.

Kulak charges the woman, and sorta forgets to swing when he gets there. (don't do botches, but a 1s a 1.)

Va'els turn.

Duke of URL
2007-11-27, 11:33 AM
V'ael

"A pity. Surrendering would have been far better for you... and a chance for us to... hmmm... learn more information."

Casts divine favor for +3 luck bonus to attack and damage for 1 minute

Seribro
2007-11-27, 03:55 PM
Mezumi redirects the snake to attack the woman and then readies another counter spell to stop the woman from escaping by magical

ready action: disspell magic to counter
bite attack roll [roll0]
if it hits: damage [roll1] and opposed grapple check [roll2]

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-27, 08:58 PM
Kulak

Whirling his axes overhead, Kulak starts working on the lady in black like an ice carver with no time to spare.

i'll power attack for 5. and if she drops to zero or negative, i'll stop attacking right at that point.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-27, 10:22 PM
The woman manages to do something extremely rapidly on the snakes turn, preventing it from attacking her, it does have the option if you wish to attack something else.

"Some people are not worth the trouble if they do surrender."

She takes a few hits from Kulak, though they dont seem to do much to slow her.

Missing one person, they spend the round wondering where Al went.

On the womans turn, she casts something, which mezumi's attempt to counter fails. The area visibily darkens, a ring of 10 ghosts all dressed out in plate and mail and such appears around the group.

Round 2

Duke of URL
2007-11-28, 07:07 AM
V'ael

The way to rid us of these phantoms is to defeat their summoner...

Casts spiritual weapon, targeting the woman in black. Weapon takes the form of a longsword, AB +9 (BAB +5 WIS +4), damage 1d8+3 (includes +1 per 3 caster levels)

[roll0]
[roll1] (force)

Seribro
2007-11-28, 10:54 AM
Swiftly Mezumi steps into the circle of ghost, moving as close to the centre of it as possible without putting herslef at risk. She then places her hands together as if she is about to begin a prayer.

"Spirits of the life beyond, restless you may be.
Your time has come and gone again and death now sets you free!"

Chastice Spirits in 30ft radius spread
[roll0] damage to the undead, no 50% miss chance but they are entitled to a DC 26 will save for half damage.

A bright white glow surrounds her for a second, then bursts outward, slicing deeply through the ghost forms.

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 11:43 AM
Al

As gently and precisely as she can, Al finishes the man off, and then shrugs off her pack so as to pull out a coil of rope.

More non-lethal damage punching.

[roll0] Base damage, first punch
[roll1] Sneak attack damage
[roll2] Base damage, second punch
[roll3] Sneak attack damage

If the first punch does the trick, then she should be able to get the rope this round.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-11-29, 01:01 AM
Kulak

Barely pausing between attacks, Kulak continues to swing his axes in a dazzling pattern of attacks.

'll power attack for 5. and if she drops to zero or negative, i'll stop attacking right at that point.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

CloakedInsanity
2007-11-29, 09:25 PM
Va'el misses the woman.
Kulak lands on blow, but still doesnt seem to do much to slow her down.

Mezumi's spell seems to have no effect on the figures.

Al knocks the man out, and begins tying him up.

"And sometimes the summoner can be as elusive as one." She executes spin and vanishes in front of the group.

The ghosts begin moving around the group, a few of them taking swings with their weapons, but missing.

Toliudar
2007-11-29, 09:30 PM
Al

Assuming that she can finish binding and gagging the man this round, that's what she'll do.

Duke of URL
2007-11-30, 07:38 AM
V'ael

"Well that was... hmm... unnerving." She refocuses her attentions on the summoned ghosts, redirecting the mystical sword toward the nearest, and letting fly with an arrow at the same target.

[roll0] (BAB 5, DEX +3, Enhancement +1, Luck +3)
[roll1] (Luck +3)

[roll2]
[roll3]

Jael_Darkwood
2007-12-01, 12:03 AM
Kulak

He grunts "I hate it when they run." Without a stutter in his rythm, he wheels and attacks the shadowy forms.

should be pretty predictable by now...

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
lemme know if i have to roll any cleave attacks on these thar ghosties.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-07, 09:33 PM
sorry for the delay.. finally got back home from trip.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-10, 06:45 PM
The ghosts take a step back, and regroup, forming a ghostly looking wall behind the group, blocking the path back from the way you came.

You hear the noises of that of a large crowd in the other direction.

Seribro
2007-12-11, 11:07 AM
Mezumi calls her snake and charges straight through the wall towards where the sounds come from. The snake hisses angrily and frustrated since it seems to misss out on every target it gets assigned to. Mezumi schrugs at the creatures disappointment. "Sometimes things just happen like that, nothing you can do about it once they have happened."

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-11, 01:06 PM
The ghosts seem content to stand where they are. There are also a good ammount of people now moving down the streets towards a growing crowd.
The group also catches a glimpse of a familiar black cloaked form, who now has its sword in its hands once again.

Toliudar
2007-12-12, 11:32 AM
Al

Al completes the process of binding the mystery man, and reactivates her invisibility. If time permits, she looks out the window to see if she can see anything going on in the street below.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-12, 05:26 PM
You see a crowd gathering in a square outside, with a large cloaked figure in what ressembles monk-like robes standing on the fountain. It seems like it may be speaking to the gahtered mob.

Seribro
2007-12-14, 07:39 AM
Mezumi steps forward, using the snakes pressence to open up a path. She doesn't seem happy, but neither does she appear angry (unlike the legless reptile behind her).
Allright, how about we put down the weapons for a moment and you just tell us what is going on. Who are you and why were you chasing that man? The snake puts its head down and Mezumi brushes it gently. then it dissapears.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-14, 12:03 PM
The woman turns around to look at Mezumi for a moment "Names are something to be guarded, especially from the coming storm. But, as it makes no difference, you can call me Selvia. As far as that man is concerned..." she glances in the direction of one of the buildings "He choose to help the demons."

Meanwhile your close enough to the man at the fountain to hear bits and pieces of what the man is saying with a raspy voice, something about the end of the world is near, and the true face of evil, and the like.

Duke of URL
2007-12-14, 12:19 PM
V'ael

"If you had... hmm... chose to share this information earlier, some... hmmm... unpleasantness... could have been avoided." She sighs and shoulders her bow and starts looking around for where Al and the fleeing man disappeared to.

"Now... what of these... hmm... 'demons' and 'storm'?"

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-14, 04:22 PM
"Ah, but you never asked." She looks up at the building Al is in. "I would come down here if I were you miss. The man you seem keen on protecting I believe is one of the ones responsible for some of the local mischief, finding out who his master is would do much to help."
The man on the fountain continues his speech, though apparently takes some notice of the group. The man points towards the woman "Behold the true voice of the demons!" the crowd wheels around, a the sound of sharp pointy things being draw can be heard as well.

Selvia turns around. "And this is why I hate my family..." she mutters "Hello brother, I should have known your hands were in this."

Seribro
2007-12-14, 07:00 PM
Great, family reunions. Look pall, I don't know what your problem is, but this is still my home town. If you think you can just burst in here and upset the folk, your wrong mister. What are you lookin at? You believe the mumbo jumbo this prick in his priestly cloths sells you over the voice of that of the woman you have known since year and day? Put those knifes away people and lets hear what this new "prophet" has to claim. A lot of hot air most likely if you ask me.
diplomacy[roll0]

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-14, 07:49 PM
"This woman is why the demons have come. She is why the very land has been ravaged--
The crowd begins moving forward, with a look of hatred and anger in their eyes.

"Must I show your slaves a true demon? They only need to turn around and look at you." Selvia lifts here hands up and pulls down her hood, revealing she is an elf. She then begins speaking a bunch of words, visibly darkening the sky. Something resembling black rose petals also can be seen drifting down. Black armored figures begin materializing around the outside of the square, unlike the ones from before these ones seem to be real.

One of them steps forward and salutes Selvia, which she returns "Keep more people from entering the square, Commander."

Map (http://gkludt.net/images/group2map.jpg) for those interested (not 100% correct)

Toliudar
2007-12-14, 09:10 PM
Can I get a sense of where Al is, relative to that map? And can I tell if the woman looked right at Al - despite her invisibility, and popping into a building the woman wouldn't know about?

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-14, 10:43 PM
Building next to the group work for you?

Toliudar
2007-12-15, 01:41 PM
Well, if I get a vote, the other side of town works better. :smallamused: But whatever you say.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-15, 01:49 PM
(bwahahah?)

Roll Intiative if you please... or more reasoning works too. Your choice of whose side you pick.

Toliudar
2007-12-15, 04:33 PM
Al

Al continues to peer down over the sill at the events below.

Initiative [roll0]

Readying an action to cast Divine Power if anyone starts to fly/climb up the window towards her, or if either Selvia or the black-armoured guys enter her building.

Al is trying to determine whether she recognizes the style or uniform of the armoured figures that have just come in.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-15, 06:16 PM
The armor resembles that used by the elves, just in this cast its black and silver, sorta ressembling Selvia's clothing.

Jael_Darkwood
2007-12-15, 07:19 PM
Kulak

Standing with both axes held loosely in his hands, he watches quietly.

Seribro
2007-12-17, 05:02 PM
Kulak, Selvia, I don't give a rats ass about what happens to that monk but don't hurt the townsfolk. They're just frustrated and frightened by all that happened these days.

She then waves her hands and aims a plea at the sky
"Spirits of the weather, quench the hate and fear that shrouds the innocence of these people. I call thee to prevent any senseless bloodshed. Now unleash your tempering rains."

Dark clouds pack together and blacken the sky. A rumbling rolls through the clouds and sounds still far away, and yet at the same time straight above them.

casting Cloud burst

Seribro
2007-12-17, 05:21 PM
initiative [roll0] just in case hell unleashes more then just abit of rain.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-17, 06:49 PM
Mezumi manages to make lighting conditions even more dismal, now you got a eerie combination of falling rain, and falling black rose petals.

Kulak stands with his axes at the ready.

Al looks on, waiting.

Va'el -

Selvia takes a few steps foward, ignoring a few of the villagers. She unleashes a spell knocking 5 of the villagers out cold.

The robes guy seems a bit infuriated by her actions, and urges a few of the villagers to move towards her, while he begins moving towards the group.

Round 2 - (keeping things moving)

Duke of URL
2007-12-18, 10:57 AM
V'ael

"So much for... hmm... being reasonable. Best not to trust anyone until we can sort this out."

[roll0]
Readies bow and readies an action to attack whichever "sibling" takes an offensive action against the party

Toliudar
2007-12-18, 11:18 AM
Al

Hmm. She's striking first, but not to kill. Interesting.

Al steps back from the window and confirms that the man is still unconscious. If not, she returns him to that state. If he is, she casts a spell.

Casting Fly on herself.

CloakedInsanity
2007-12-30, 07:43 PM
Once Holidays over with, Ill be getting things going again (know its tough right now to play.)

CloakedInsanity
2008-01-08, 09:54 PM
Sorry for the delay.

The villagers continue moving forward, trying to surround the woman, while the man in the robes gets in range of the group. Selvia unleashes another spell making a couple more of the villagers collapse.

A few of them manage to get close enough to her and try and stop her from moving by grabbing her cloak. Its at this point the man steps next to her with a blade at her throat.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-14, 11:55 PM
((ooc : withdrawing from campaign. sorry. nothing else to say, really.))