PDA

View Full Version : The super inspiration!

Rivaler
2019-11-26, 03:34 AM
Suppose you'd like to give you players two kinds of inspiration: the standard one, where you get to have advantage on a D20 roll, provided you declare it before rolling your dice, and a "powered up" version.

How would you have the stronger version behave? Have it allow rolling 3 D20? Allow the second roll after knowing the outcome of the roll?

I'd like your thoughts on the matter!

Mr Adventurer
2019-11-26, 03:43 AM
Automatic 20.

Zhorn
2019-11-26, 03:50 AM
I have not been using inspiration in my games, but if I did, I would instead treat all inspiration as 'luck points', operating as the Lucky feat. From that point it just comes down to how you treat lucky when 2 dice are already in play from advantage/disadvantage. My personal preference for that is the version that preserves advantage/disadvantage instead of the super advantage version.

Lucky
How does the Lucky feat interact with advantage and disadvantage?
If a DM wants advantage and disadvantage to play their normal roles even when the Lucky feat is used, here’s a way to do so: roll two d20s for advantage/disadvantage, roll a third d20 for Lucky, eliminate one of the three dice, and then use the higher (for advantage) or lower (for disadvantage) of the two dice that remain.