PDA

View Full Version : Gritty Realism & Slow Natural Healing Variant

SodaQueen
2019-11-26, 02:19 PM
[Please Delete] Thank you

Teaguethebean
2019-11-26, 02:27 PM
I assure you if you want the game to feel gritty and tough don't give all caster arcane recovery I do support giving it to the sorcerer, but bards get back Inspiration, clerics get channel divinity, druids get wild shape, paladin gets channel divinity and is a half caster anyway, ranger is similar to rogue and can function without rest resources giving caster arcane recovery spits in the eye of warlocks and other short rest classes. The caster will be fine with one big gun spell per encounter.
Additionally I fully support changing how many days a long rest is as I feel a week was just what they chose, no real reason behind it. In my game I have long rests as five days.

LordCdrMilitant
2019-11-26, 04:47 PM
Not gritty, just 'not a cakewalk because we can nova every fight since it's the only one today'

I don't get how that would 'spit in the eye' of warlocks and short rest classes. Warlock gets all their spells back everyday, other casters will only get 1 or 2. Although you do have a point about more martial classes getting it too.

I mean, that's Warlock's whole thing.

I wouldn't give out arcane recovery either.

Teaguethebean
2019-11-26, 04:49 PM
Not gritty, just 'not a cakewalk because we can nova every fight since it's the only one today'

I don't get how that would 'spit in the eye' of warlocks and short rest classes. Warlock gets all their spells back everyday, other casters will only get 1 or 2. Although you do have a point about more martial classes getting it too.

Only 1 or 2 you say? The warlock only gets back 2 aswell. Additionally the barbarian is a long rest class so do they need a buff? I assure you the casters already have short rest resources and you don't need to buff them. (Besides sorcerer because unless they get back something they will never want to rest)

Ventruenox
2019-11-26, 05:21 PM
Mödley Crüe: Once the thread is out there, it is out there. We will not remove a discussion just because the OP no longer wishes it to exist.