PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Races Updates in Eberron: Rising From The Last War?

Merudo
2019-11-26, 09:51 PM
I've noticed the Changeling and Orc changed in Rising From The Last War compared to their Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron / Volo's versions.

The Changeling can now put their +1 into any stat instead of just Intelligence or Dexterity, and the Orc doesn't suffer from a -2 to Intelligence anymore.

Were any other races similarly updated?

Anderlith
2019-11-26, 10:10 PM
I've noticed the Changeling and Orc changed in Rising From The Last War compared to their Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron versions.

The Changeling can now put their +1 into any stat instead of just Intelligence or Dexterity, and the Orc doesn't suffer from a -2 to Intelligence anymore.

Were any other races similarly updated?

Well, I mean all the Dragonmarked Houses are different

NOMster
2019-11-26, 10:13 PM
They all changed

ProsecutorGodot
2019-11-26, 10:19 PM
Every single race received changes. Abridged version here:
Kalashtar - Lost intelligence bonus and advantage on intelligence saves
Changeling - Lost unsettling visage, gained ability to +3 Cha
Orc - No -Int, better than Volos
Warforged - Lost integrated protection, lost subraces, racial bonus changes to +2 Con +1 any other
Dragonmarked Houses - Too long to list, almost entirely different aside from ASI.

Merudo
2019-11-26, 11:45 PM
Every single race received changes.

The Goblin, Bugbear and Hobgoblin have not changed.

ProsecutorGodot
2019-11-27, 12:18 AM
The Goblin, Bugbear and Hobgoblin have not changed.

My mistake on the Volo's mention, however every race from Wayfinder's Guide has been changed including the Dragonmarked houses.

NOMster
2019-11-27, 06:40 AM
Every single race received changes. Abridged version here:
Kalashtar - Lost intelligence bonus and advantage on intelligence saves
Changeling - Lost unsettling visage, gained ability to +3 Cha
Orc - No -Int, better than Volos
Warforged - Lost integrated protection, lost subraces, racial bonus changes to +2 Con +1 any other
Dragonmarked Houses - Too long to list, almost entirely different aside from ASI.

Shifters lost perception proficiency. Each subrace changed slightly except longtooth.