PDA

View Full Version : [3.0] Multiclassing Psion Help

Claudius37
2019-11-27, 02:05 PM
The SRD says

"
MULTICLASS PSIONIC CHARACTERS

Note: A psion character may never multiclass as a psion with a different discipline.

The psion/psychic warrior multiclass is allowed. Power points from each class are pooled; however, powers discovered for each class must be tracked separately, since class level affects the manifestation of certain powers.
"

Does this mean:
1. You can multiclass with anything except another Psion
OR
2. You can ONLY multiclass psion/psychic warrior

Thank you

Kelb_Panthera
2019-11-27, 02:23 PM
It's just trying to say that psion is only one class even though you can be a seer, egoist, telepath, kineticist, shaper or nomad. You can otherwise multiclass normally with any other class, psionic or not.

Claudius37
2019-11-27, 02:26 PM
Thank you very much!

StSword
2019-11-27, 11:58 PM
Yeah, it's just a reminder that psions with different disciplines are still the same class, so multiclassing psion/psion is like multiclassing druid/druid.

schreier
2019-12-03, 07:13 AM
Since Erudite is a variant psion, it would almost most likely prohibit an erudite/psion

Kelb_Panthera
2019-12-04, 03:52 PM
Since Erudite is a variant psion, it would almost most likely prohibit an erudite/psion

I'd have to double-check but I'm pretty sure that's explicit in the erudite's write-up.

liquidformat
2019-12-04, 04:31 PM
It is similar to the idea that you can't multiclass a wizard necromancer with a wizard enchanter...

schreier
2019-12-04, 09:50 PM
It is similar to the idea that you can't multiclass a wizard necromancer with a wizard enchanter...

Wouldn't that be more like a telepath and seer?

Erudite psion would be more like a ranger and mystic ranger

RSGA
2019-12-05, 12:07 AM
Wouldn't that be more like a telepath and seer?

Erudite psion would be more like a ranger and mystic ranger

In context I think it's more like multiclassing elf and monk, only with less of a edition gap. So I guess more like Baldur's Gate Sorcerer and 3.X Sorcerer.