Yep.

Hit Die
d6

Requirements
Cha 15
Perform(vocal) 7 ranks
eldritch blast +2d6

Skills:
I play rogues. I'm not used to having a skill not be available. Skill lists suck. Baaah.
Skill points per level: 4+Int Modifier

Table: The Wailer
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invoking
1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Eldritch Harmonics, +1d6 eldritch blast|+1 level existing invoking class
2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Power Chord|+1 level existing invoking class
3|+2|+1|+1|+3|Mantle of Majesty, +1d6 eldritch blast|+1 level existing invoking class
[/table]

Special
Eldritch Harmonics: The Wailer uses her voice as a channel from the eldritch energies that suffuse her soul. She may, as a (swift? free) action make a perform(vocal) check (10+spell level of any eldritch essence+spell level of any blast shape+number of dice of eldritch blast) to produce an eldritch harmonic blast. Success means she sings out the eldritch blast, which now deals sonic damage. Failure results in no eldritch blast at all.
Power Chord: Upon reaching 2nd level, the Wailer becomes able to overwhelm her opponents with her eldritch harmonics. On her action, before making attack rolls for a round, she may choose to subtract a number from all eldritch blast attack rolls and add the same number to damage rolls. If the eldritch blast is an eldritch harmonic blast, the perform(vocal) check for the blast is increased by 2, but the extra damage is doubled.
Mantle of Majesty: At 3rd level, the Wailer can focus her artistic energies into an aura of inspiring concentration. As a standard action, the Wailer can make a perform(vocal) check. She gains sonic resistance 5, a +2 to all saves, a +1 competence bonus to AC, and a +5 on Concentration checks, for a number of rounds equal to the result of her perform(vocal) checl, divided by five.

---------

Work in progress, but I wanted to get the ideas up here and open the concept up to feedback. Thoughts?

Maerok
2007-10-19, 02:39 PM
Because someone else will say it, you can't have an attribute score as a requirement. I really don't see why not, but that's how it goes apparently.

Cybren
2007-10-19, 02:43 PM
There's no such thing as "can't", but is against protocol.

DracoDei
2007-10-19, 11:10 PM
Multiclass Warlock/Bard/Wailer + Substitute guitar for vocal + add ghost template = 'Ember' from "Danny Phantom"... who is a pretty cool character.

P.S.: SURE you want to limit it to vocal?
Also, For skills... I don't know what warlocks get, but take their skill set, and add the following (at least):
Perform(vocal only?)
Diplomacy
Intimidate

Finerty
2007-10-19, 11:54 PM
Multiclass Warlock/Bard/Wailer + Substitute guitar for vocal + add ghost template = 'Ember' from "Danny Phantom"... who is a pretty cool character.

Danny Phantom is awesome

P.S.: SURE you want to limit it to vocal?

I'm thinking of making a variant called the Rocker.

osyluth
2007-10-20, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking of making a variant called the Rocker.
this prestige class could have a ton of variants(Rocker, Drummer, Air Guitarist)

Machete
2007-10-20, 12:17 AM
Brutal. Truly Metal.

Its like the classic rainbow clad bard's worst nightmare. Even Dirgesingers cant but futilely try to express enough devestation to describe The Wailer.

Finerty
2007-10-26, 10:40 AM
Quick brainstorming for the Rocker:
Prerequisites:
Invocations:
Hideous Blow
Perform(any) 7 ranks

Class feature:
Symphonic Blast: You may treat your instrument as a weapon for the purposes of dealing a Symphonic Blast. To successfully perform a Symphonic Blast, you must make a Perform Check based on the instrument you are playing, with a DC equal to the gold value of the corresponding weapon. If you succeed, you can make a Symphonic blast, which is a ranged touch attack dealing damage equal to the eldritch blast and the damage of the instrument/weapon, as though you had used hideous blow.

{table]Instrument|Weapon
Lute|Greataxe
Flute|Longsword
Harp|Falchion
PanPipes|Dagger
Drums|Heavy Mace
[/table]