PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (DSP, Akashic Mysteries) Swarm Master Dread question

Dr_Dinosaur
2019-11-28, 11:49 PM
The Swarm Master's Veilweaving ability replaces "the dread’s ability to manifest powers." My question is, does that mean they also don't get Power Points/Day, or simply that they don't get Powers to use them on? Some of the Dread's Terrors don't work if they lack PP but that might be an intended limitation on the class, so I though it best to ask where someone in the know might see.

StSword
2019-11-29, 03:48 AM
Nothing says they lose their power points, so as RAW, they keep their power points.

I assume that is rules as intended as well (so they keep the psionic type so they can buy psionic feats and enhance dread terrors), but that would just be a guess on my part.

TiaC
2019-11-29, 05:48 AM
Technically, don't they still have powers known?

Kris Moonhand
2019-11-29, 07:57 AM
Technically, don't they still have powers known?

No, since "the ability to manifest powers" isn't actually a class feature, it's part of the Powers Known ability. Just like those Paladin ATs that replace "spellcasting" or "the ability to cast spells" even though the actual class feature is just called "Spells".

Powers Known

A dread begins play knowing one dread power of your choice. At every class level after 1st, she unlocks the knowledge of a new power.

Choose the powers known from the dread power list. (Exception: The feat Expanded Knowledge does allow a dread to learn powers from the lists of other classes.) A dread can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than her manifester level.

The total number of powers a dread can manifest in a day is limited only by her daily power points.

A dread simply knows her powers; they are ingrained in her mind. She does not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though she must get a good night’s sleep each day to regain all her spent power points.

The Difficulty Class for saving throws against dread powers is 10 + the power’s level + the dread’s Charisma modifier.

Ssalarn
2019-12-02, 10:03 AM
The Swarm Master's Veilweaving ability replaces "the dread’s ability to manifest powers." My question is, does that mean they also don't get Power Points/Day, or simply that they don't get Powers to use them on? Some of the Dread's Terrors don't work if they lack PP but that might be an intended limitation on the class, so I though it best to ask where someone in the know might see.

They don't get powers but Stack and I intentionally set them up so they still had power points to spend on terrors, and so that they didn't end up with any weird corner cases where they technically weren't psionic but needed to be to use a class feature.