PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Backstory assistance Wild Magic build.

KyleG
2019-11-29, 05:51 AM
Hey peoples, I have some ideas that im hoping someone can help craft into a backstory. She is a loose jumble of thoughts Im hoping you can help structure.

Levistus Tiefling Wild Magic Sorcerer 4 / Warlock 2.

Now for the ideas that are bubbling away.

Pact was forced on her or rather she is a warlock because at some point she had her wild magic powers bound (parents perhaps) and therefore the terms of the agreement are with them. Now however she has grown more powerful and actually managed to take some of the powers from her patron much to the patrons disgust (Roleplay opportunity for DM to have the patron act against her perhaps)

Given some instruction at a magical academy but had 'minders' when she went beyond the walls for should an 'incident' happen in the nearby township. Perhaps one happened in the past?

Secretly sneaks out (Aladdin, Jasmine vibe) at night to help citizens of the city (takes food/blanket?) steals??? - Secret Identity Background ??? (although the bonds etc dont feel right)

Originally conceived as naive but i want her to be more confident than that would suggest. She is giving off a scarlet with or Xmen - Rogue vibe but More happy relaxed, chaotic good, neutral good. She's probably quite young (18?)
Blasting and Supporting mechanically, her magic, like herself is volatile, protecting and enhancing one minute raining pain the next.???

My previous character was very by the book, and want her to be more willing to go along for the ride instead of being dragged.

Your help is much appreciated.

Ps. I swear there use to be a forum for these sort of questions. This forum always feels so mechanical.

Catullus64
2019-11-29, 09:54 AM
Sounds like you have a basic mechanical build, a broad idea of her backstory, and an overall sense of her personality. What exactly do you need help with? Sounds like she's all ready to go.

I'm generally a fan of planning out a character's personality and backstory in broad strokes, and then filling it in over the course of play, in order to jive with whatever tone and worldbuilding your DM is rocking. By and large, a backstory is just that, a story in the background of whatever adventures you are having right now, so just drop occasional details whenever something in game gives you the idea.

moonfly7
2019-11-29, 02:34 PM
I'm going to send you to this man:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?591882-Need-a-character-background-written-up
Tawmis is a great guy, and his works top notch. Give him what you have here, and he'll give you a really good story.

dreast
2019-11-29, 09:09 PM
My go-to for wild sorcerer/warlock is that the “pact” is with a white slaad, whether the character wants it or not. Not sure if that helps you, but you can argue fiend or old one pact would work with it.