PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get domains, hexes, arcane schools etc. other than multiclassing

Dagearg
2019-11-29, 05:59 AM
Hello. Is there a way other than multiclassing to get or replicate domain like powers in Pathfinder? I mean, powers you get as a class feature (domains, arcane schools, hexes) I know the existance of feats like believers boon, but I want to know if there is any spell, feat or ability that grants you acces to a class feature even for a few turns.

Also, is there a way to create a magic item that grants you a class feature? Can you even place a feat in a magic item?

Please avoid third party material.

Thanks!

HeraldOfExius
2019-11-29, 06:28 AM
Some of the options for variant multiclassing (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Classes/character-advancement/#Variant_Multiclassing) almost manage to do this. Unfortunately they're a bit of a mixed bag. You have to give up five total feats to pick up a few usually low level abilities. Some of them are just inherently better than others, some are only good for particular other classes, and some could be replicated if you just took five specific feats anyways (at least gunslinger; I haven't dug too deeply into all of them).

EDIT: Because of the feats you mentioned like Believer's Boon, casting Paragon Surge (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/paragon-surge/) can give you an ability temporarily, but it only works if you're a half elf.

Psyren
2019-11-29, 11:44 PM
If you already have domain powers, Icon of Aspects will let you swap those powers for those of another domain your deity grants.

The Invoke Deity spell doesn't give you specific domain powers, but the abilities it gives you are close analogues and tied to various domains.

Imbue Hex lets another hex user transfer a hex to you temporarily.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

PraxisVetli
2019-11-30, 10:51 PM
Hello. Is there a way other than multiclassing to get or replicate domain like powers in Pathfinder? I mean, powers you get as a class feature (domains, arcane schools, hexes) I know the existance of feats like believers boon, but I want to know if there is any spell, feat or ability that grants you acces to a class feature even for a few turns.

Also, is there a way to create a magic item that grants you a class feature? Can you even place a feat in a magic item?

Please avoid third party material.

Thanks!

AFB, but I believe Arms and Equipment Guide has rules for creating feat items, though they're vague and not very helpful. Still, it's a starting point.