PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's afterlife

Ar-Sakal
2007-10-19, 03:54 PM
Not sure if someone has already discussed it, but ever wonder where is Belkar headed once he dies????

I don't think the Abyss is big enough to contain him and he probably would be happier traveling Pandemonium and killing any sentient being he finds in there. Or maybe he does decide to go to the abyss and take on the demons?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-19, 07:24 PM
Using standard D&D, I would say Acherion or whatever that plane is that has a bunch of cubes floating around a void and has wars that never end. Think about it: A neverending war. That's Belkar's vision of heaven.

Ar-Sakal
2007-10-19, 07:50 PM
Isn't the everlasting war on Valhalla?

I guess Durkon should tell Belkar that the Northern Gods have a place reserved for warriors where everybody gets to kill in the days and feast at nights to make him the most devout follower of Odin.

Istari
2007-10-19, 08:18 PM
Limbo think about it bealker is totally chatioc

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-19, 08:38 PM
Limbo think about it bealker is totally chatioc

If given the choice between chaotic craziness or all the carnage he could endure... ever day for eternity... (the dead come back to life at dawn) I'm 100% sure he would choose everlasting combat. It's his paradise.

Koraks
2007-10-19, 08:52 PM

I guess Durkon should tell Belkar that the Northern Gods have a place reserved for warriors where everybody gets to kill in the days and feast at nights to make him the most devout follower of Odin.

Don't forget the Women. Valhalla has tons of those for their warriors too. Wouldn't Belkar go for that. And let's not forget the berserker fury of the nothern warriors in nordic myth: Belkar is a barbarian too. Yup, I think Valhalla would be great for Belkar. :smallbiggrin:

StickMan
2007-10-19, 08:56 PM
Well Chaotic Evil souls go to the Abyss so I'm going with the Abyss, I'm sure he will get promoted to Demon status fast though, and then he gets to torture to his hearts content.

ZeroNumerous
2007-10-19, 08:57 PM
Lets remember something though. Belkar is CE. CE is the Abyss. His choice is meaningless, since it's his alignment that determines his final destination.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-19, 09:08 PM
Lets remember something though. Belkar is CE. CE is the Abyss. His choice is meaningless, since it's his alignment that determines his final destination.

BS. Afterlife destination is determined by personality; Valhalla is perfect (although he's a tad too psycotic. I doubt Odin would care that much though)

Koraks
2007-10-19, 09:39 PM

You know, I think you're right. He is CE, and if he would be anywhere in the nothern afterlife, he would be in hell. I think he and Loki would get along just fine. If Ragnarok ever came, he would be there trying to kill the good Gods.

WarlockBeast
2007-10-19, 09:52 PM
I like to think of it like this.... wherever thjere is combat there shall be belkar. Combat is belkar's hobby, blood his crack :smalltongue:

monty
2007-10-19, 10:45 PM
You know, I think you're right. He is CE, and if he would be anywhere in the nothern afterlife, he would be in hell. I think he and Loki would get along just fine. If Ragnarok ever came, he would be there trying to kill the good Gods.

If Ragnarok came, it wouldn't matter what he did, because the gods are all doomed anyway.

Koraks
2007-10-19, 10:56 PM
If Ragnarok came, it wouldn't matter what he did, because the gods are all doomed anyway.

Well, not all the gods. Some of them survive (Odin's sons Vidar and Váli for example). Anyway, the point is Belkar would feel right at home in a mythological amargedonny disaster where gods die.

monty
2007-10-19, 10:59 PM
Well, not all the gods. Some of them survive (Odin's sons Vidar and Váli for example). Anyway, the point is Belkar would feel right at home in a mythological amargedonny disaster where gods die.

I thought I remembered reading that Ragnarok would bring the end of all the gods and mortals, but some new, more powerful ones would form or something like that.

the mysterian
2007-10-19, 10:59 PM
belkar would fall through the cracks and go to lawful good heaven, wouldn't that be.....bloody?

factotum
2007-10-20, 02:03 AM
BS. Afterlife destination is determined by personality; Valhalla is perfect (although he's a tad too psycotic. I doubt Odin would care that much though)

Well, firstly, destination in D&D *is* determined by alignment, so BS right backatcha.

Having said that, why would the Abyss NOT be perfect? There's a little thing called the Blood War which has been raging across the Lower Planes for all of eternity, and I'm sure the Lords of the Abyss would love a vicious killing machine like Belkar in their army. Belkar would then get to spend the rest of eternity slaughtering devils, which I'm sure would suit him down to the ground.

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-20, 02:14 AM
It sounds like Belkar would get that considering what the lowest level demons in the Abyss are like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mane_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29 .

Setra
2007-10-20, 02:16 AM
Well, firstly, destination in D&D *is* determined by alignment, so BS right backatcha.

Having said that, why would the Abyss NOT be perfect? There's a little thing called the Blood War which has been raging across the Lower Planes for all of eternity, and I'm sure the Lords of the Abyss would love a vicious killing machine like Belkar in their army. Belkar would then get to spend the rest of eternity slaughtering devils, which I'm sure would suit him down to the ground.
Actually Belkar would probably get bored of Devils

They probably don't run and scream in terror as much as he would like.

Ancalagon
2007-10-20, 04:01 AM
He'll side with Xykon and goes to fight in the Blood War. I'm sure they will get along pretty well there.

Glome
2007-10-20, 05:42 AM
I'm going to say he'll end up at 'The Gates of Heaven', which is on the 77th layer of the Abyss.

DraPrime
2007-10-20, 07:49 AM
Either Acheron or the Abyss. In both he gets to fight however long he wishes.

Castamir
2007-10-20, 07:57 AM

Valhalla is more like an everlasting bar brawl, where you drink with your best buddies, give them an, uhm, friendly axe to the skull, and in the morning they're back ready for the next binge, wooing buxom valkyries and so on. It's just a more extreme version of a lifestyle quite popular in RL.

As we known from Origins, Belkar isn't exactly keen on the concept of "friendly bar brawl". So no, he doesn't fit into Valhalla the slightest.

falterfire
2007-10-20, 09:27 AM
Valhalla is more like an everlasting bar brawl, where you drink with your best buddies, give them an, uhm, friendly axe to the skull, and in the morning they're back ready for the next binge, wooing buxom valkyries and so on. It's just a more extreme version of a lifestyle quite popular in RL.

As we known from Origins, Belkar isn't exactly keen on the concept of "friendly bar brawl". So no, he doesn't fit into Valhalla the slightest.

Actually, he would find that kind of bar brawl perfect.

silvadel
2007-10-20, 11:54 AM
Actually what is key to being evil in AD&D and not getting punished for it is to choose an evil diety who for pantheon or other reasons resides on a goodish plane. There are many examples of this and since if you are faithful you go where your deity resides... It gets you off the hook.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-20, 12:30 PM
Belkar is too powerful to become a mane. In Rich's afterlife the dead keep their memories and power, so Belkar would be too high level to become a mane.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-10-20, 02:39 PM
The entire order gets let into the best afterlife there is for saving the world from the snarl. That includes Belkar. Yes he gets in on a technicality.

Then goes around killing angels and sets up residence at the tavern of infinate one night stands.

Selv
2007-10-20, 03:43 PM
I dread to think. (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=040228)

Beatnik gamer
2007-10-20, 04:30 PM
In belkar's afterlife, all the poeple he murdered in this life will get to play "Halfling pinata" and he'll be the guest of honor...

Alex Warlorn
2007-10-20, 06:33 PM
Demon General: You'd make a great demon general who'd easily surpass me.

Belkar: Cool!

Demon General: Which is precisely WHY I'm not promoting you.

Zael Zuran
2007-10-20, 06:50 PM
Reward or Punishment?

Reward: The Blood War wearing Tanarri colors, with frequent shore leave to Sigil.

Punishment: An Abyssal reconstruction of Celestia, where the mountain itself is made of the remains of the condemned. Oblivious to one another, yet unable to stop perceiving the wonderful sights and sounds of paradise. (Eternal hedonism in Belkar's case) They are also denied any hope of redemption, knowing only envy, bitterness, and the horrible writhing feeling of the things that burrow through the mountain's "soil."

Inverse Abominable Fancy?

infinite_ant
2007-10-21, 01:49 AM
I think the Windswept Depths of Pandemonium would be Belkars afterlife.
The CN/CE afterlife that contains Pandesmos (Where Loki has a hidden realm called Winter Hall)

Or perhaps he would drift on the Abyssian Ocean?

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-21, 02:49 AM
Regarding Lord Butter's comment, how powerful is Belkar compared with the average demon? His dangerous due to the number of attacks he can use every turn, but I'm guessing that there are demons with more personal power (also, it may work differently in the lower planes: there's a good chance that Sabine had PC class levels before she died, bue we've never seen any evidence of any non-fiend classes (unless it was in the extra comics in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools or No Cure for the Paladin Blues, which I haven't read)).

Holammer
2007-10-21, 12:53 PM
Belkar strikes me as the "better reign in hell than serve in heaven" kinda guy, wherever he goes he'll carve out (pun) an empire for himself.

T.Titan
2007-10-21, 04:06 PM
Pls remember that for each aligment there are 3 places you can go after you die... so Belkar coud end up in Carceri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carceri), the Abyss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyss_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29)or Pandemonium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemonium_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29).