PDA

View Full Version : Mare Internum has ended

137beth
2019-11-30, 12:25 PM
The science fiction webcomic Mare Internum (marecomic.com) has finally wrapped up after almost 5 years. Some questions were left unanswered, but I think the ending was overall very good.

Was anyone else here following this one?

Vinyadan
2019-11-30, 12:39 PM
Oh good, a new finished comic I can read :smallbiggrin:

Radar
2019-11-30, 07:46 PM
Oh good, a new finished comic I can read :smallbiggrin:
You will not regret it - it is a very good story.

Agi Hammerthief
2019-11-30, 10:37 PM
nice, means The Meek can be continued now.

eta: looks like I stumbled upon it half way through the last chapter.
good thing I left it till finished.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-12-01, 09:31 PM
Definitely one of the weirder webcomics I've read. Worth the read, though, and had a pretty satisfying ending.

Narkis
2019-12-01, 11:58 PM
The science fiction webcomic Mare Internum (marecomic.com) has finally wrapped up after almost 5 years. Some questions were left unanswered, but I think the ending was overall very good.

Was anyone else here following this one?

I followed this from the beginning, though stopped at some point. I can't remember why I stopped, only that I liked it and its depiction of depression. Was there a hiatus at some point like in Meek?

137beth
2019-12-02, 11:02 AM
I followed this from the beginning, though stopped at some point. I can't remember why I stopped, only that I liked it and its depiction of depression. Was there a hiatus at some point like in Meek?

I don't think there was a years-long hiatus like the Meek had. There was, however, a gap of about six months between pages 28 and 29 of chapter 5, which was quickly followed by a nine month gap between pages 35 and 36.

Narkis
2019-12-02, 01:46 PM
I don't think there was a years-long hiatus like the Meek had. There was, however, a gap of about six months between pages 28 and 29 of chapter 5, which was quickly followed by a nine month gap between pages 35 and 36.

Yeah, that would have been enough for me after waiting for years for the Meek.

Lvl 2 Expert
2019-12-02, 03:44 PM

That might be where it lost me too. I found it, got a long way in the archive, and at that point I might have caught up to a months long gap and assumed it was dead.

I should get restarted on this one. It was pretty interesting.

Eldan
2019-12-03, 04:14 AM
Ooh. I was never aware of this before. Several chapters in now and loving it. It reminds me of a lot of other stuff I've read and in some cases played (there was this game called Waking Mars on steam, about a scientist who gets trapped in a surviving ecosystem deep underground on Mars. A puzzle game where you had to get various plants and animals to interact to open the way for you. Very similar.) but in a good way.

AdmiralCheez
2019-12-04, 07:41 AM
I enjoyed it! Although after the months-long hiatuses (due to organizing and publishing anthology books) I kinda missed that it came back for the last few pages in quick succession, and accidentally read them in the wrong order. Oh well. At least this means The Meek gets top priority again! That one was one of the first webcomics I was ever exposed to, so it holds a special place in my reading list.

So, as is traditional for me when a webcomic concludes, it's time to start again from the beginning, and move the bookmark to join the other webcomics in the halls of completion!