PDA

View Full Version : Sunder questions

Biggus
2019-11-30, 02:44 PM
As sunder just requires "a melee attack" and there's no mention of it being a standard action (or any other type of action) I presume that means you can attempt to sunder multiple times in a round if you full attack?

If so: how do the opposed attack rolls work? Presumably the attacker's BAB bonus drops by 5 with each successive attack as normal, does the defender's drop too with each defence or do they get to defend at their full BAB each time?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-11-30, 03:19 PM
The defender isn't making multiple attacks, so their checks are all at their full bonus. Keep in mind that any bonuses or penalties that apply to their attacks for the round (Charge +2, TWF -2, Power Attack -X, etc.) will apply to every one of those defense rolls as well.

Calthropstu
2019-11-30, 03:39 PM
Sundering questions is hard but not undoable. The method I suggest is casting silence while the question is half formed, sundering it in half. Might require some precise timing so I'd suggest using a ready action "to cast silence when someone starts to ask a question."

Hope this helps!

Mike Miller
2019-11-30, 10:16 PM
Sundering questions is hard but not undoable. The method I suggest is casting silence while the question is half formed, sundering it in half. Might require some precise timing so I'd suggest using a ready action "to cast silence when someone starts to ask a question."

Hope this helps!

Well, that sounds close but what if-

ShurikVch
2019-12-01, 01:24 PM

Hope this helps!Well, if we take it like this, then Diskworld's Death's scythe can cut the dialog in the book when it's swung.