PDA

View Full Version : What is the process of becoming an aspect of a god?

Mercurial891
2019-12-01, 12:07 AM
I can’t find how it is done, but noted a chromatic dragon that wanted to become one in the Draconomicon.

Elysiume
2019-12-01, 12:17 AM
Which game/edition?

Mercurial891
2019-12-01, 12:38 AM
Which game/edition?

3x I believe. I wouldn’t mind hearing rules from other editions though.

hamishspence
2019-12-01, 04:45 AM
I read 3e Draconomicon - and while one dragon wishes to become an avatar or a consort of a dragon deity, I couldn't find any that wished to become an aspect.

Most aspects are very weak anyway - less powerful than the average young adult dragon.

According to 4e Draconomicon, Tiamat creates her aspects from her own unhatched eggs + a lot of souls from her Maggot Pit - still doesn't say how.

False God
2019-12-01, 09:21 AM
There's explicitly a class that does this: Dragon Ascendant, well you become a "quasi deity" which depending on your reading means you become the actual referenced "quasi deity" in the divine rankings, or it's just fluff text saying you're really powerful; must be a dragon.

There's also the epic destiny that does this by level 30 via feats, which again has the same un-clarity saying you become a "demigod", but then immediately retired your character; requires DM approval.

I'm sure there are others but these are the only two that come to mind.

Otherwise it's the old fashioned way: get worshipers. A few thousand is all you need to reach demigod.

Mutazoia
2019-12-07, 11:34 PM
Step 1: Find a DM that is ready to end his/her campaign and is willing to let the players do crazy OP shyte for the lulz
Step 2: Ask the DM to make your character an Aspect of a God.
Step 3: Profit!

Psyren
2019-12-09, 03:05 AM
Can you send a link to the source, please?:biggrin:

He gave the names of the books. Do you mean a link to go buy them?

3e Draconomicon (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/25831/Draconomicon-The-Book-of-Dragons-35)
4e Draconomicon (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/58553/Draconomicon-I-Chromatic-Dragons-4e)

Bohandas
2019-12-18, 02:00 AM
I think you mean a "proxy" not an "aspect"