PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Beholder

RandomNPC
2007-10-19, 08:02 PM
so here's what i'm sugesting, a beholder that likes people, and wants to help. also its eye rays will be different, thats the main part. so here we go.

As is:
Charm monster
Charm person
Disitigrate
Fear
Finger of Death
Flesh to Stone
Inflict Moderate
Sleep
Slow
Telekenesis

Anti-magic cone

What i'm suggesting

Charm monster -- keep?
Charm person --- Comp. Languages
Disitigrate ----- Keep?
Fear ----- Remove Curse
Finger of Death --- Force Cage
Flesh to Stone --- Stone to Flesh
Inflict Moderate --- Cure Moderate
Sleep ----- Identify (costs XP or something)
Slow ----- Haste
Telekenesis --- keep

Cone of bardic music like thing, +1?

much more of a sage go-to character instead of a combattive blaster type. i was thinking charm monster and disintigrate because there is always combat somewhere, but this is made for party help, remove curse, stone to flesh, haste, identify.

the ones with question marks are the ones i'm totally prepared to change, all the others will change if given a halfway different reason.

so whats everyone think?

EvilElitest
2007-10-19, 08:49 PM
what is the reason for this change?
from,
EE

RandomNPC
2007-10-19, 09:17 PM
the beholders are listed as hatefull towards everything, even other beholders that look somewhat different, holding themselves up in their minds as the best thing there ever can be.

So what if a beholder was a social butterfly? what eye rays would be better, it needs something it can fight with, but it needs to be helpfull to allies, because ya know, it has them.

i may be placing this in a game if i can figure a way to make it not to off the wall, but right now i'm thinking mostly just what if they had more helpfull spells?

it's kind of like a good lich, while i personally don't like the idea there are people who use them well. Some people like beholders the way they are (or wish they never existed)
i beleive there needs to be some written variations of the clasic beholder, not just 'this one has mouths instead of eyes' and 'this ones tiny and has only two eye stalks' or 'this one blinded its center eye and took levels in wizard'
I want to see a beholder made for helping people with a different ray selection.

ok, i'm ranting, if i haven't made my point, it's because i want to make a few (rare) people friendly beholders, and these boards generally have great ideas.

Arbitrarity
2007-10-19, 09:38 PM
The answer is clear. He needs a pepper spice creating eye, a summon recipe eye, an apple creating eye, and two telekenesis eyes for extra dexterity!
(If you know the reference, congratulations :smallwink: )

Landy
2007-10-19, 10:11 PM
I've always wanted to try a beholder duelist that focuses more on fencing than eyebeams. With mouthpick weapons, anythings possible.

Back on subject, I thought the eyerays were non-customizable. Not that you couldn't, but other beholders are really going to hate/kill this guy.

osyluth
2007-10-20, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=Landy;3379544]I've always wanted to try a beholder duelist that focuses more on fencing than eyebeams. With mouthpick weapons, anythings possible.

in tome of madness i think there are some mouth held weapons in the chapter on beholders but im not sure

Landy
2007-10-20, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=Landy;3379544]I've always wanted to try a beholder duelist that focuses more on fencing than eyebeams. With mouthpick weapons, anythings possible.

in tome of madness i think there are some mouth held weapons in the chapter on beholders but im not sure

Yeah. The cool thing is that anything with a bite attack can use them. And I just now realized a gibbering mouther would be awesome with these.