PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Artillerist Feat?

Drache64
2019-12-02, 11:37 PM
I'm turning level 4 on my Artificer, I don't need stat increase as I'm already at 20 int, 18 Dex, and 14 con.

I was playing around with picking magic Initiate but the Artificer spell list already looks pretty robust.

Are any feats particularly useful, or should I just buff my con to 16 or my Dex to 20? (18AC with studded leather is nice, 19AC with infusion).

Maybe just take luck?

CheddarChampion
2019-12-03, 12:08 AM
Warcaster will help with maintaining concentration and might let you cast a spell instead of making an opportunity attack, though you'll rarely be doing that.

Spell Sniper gets you an extra cantrip, but the real value is (ask your DM if) it increases your force cannon range and if it lets them ignore all but full cover. Plus your firebolts get the benefit.

Dex to 20 is good for skills, initiative, Dex saves, and AC if you're using light armor.
Con+ and Lucky are never bad.

Does Ritual Caster (Wizard spells) interest you? You might be able to write down spells you know as an artificer. Ask your DM.

MeeposFire
2019-12-03, 12:24 AM
Resilient can be a good choice if you want to improve a save dex or wisdom probably make the most sense.

Perhaps a racial feat some of those are cool.

Mr Adventurer
2019-12-03, 05:27 AM
If Spell Sniper doesn't apply, would Sharpshooter?

stoutstien
2019-12-03, 08:09 AM
With those starting stats you actually make a good case for medium armor master.

Personally I would look at ways of increasing your flexibility. Ritual caster when allow you to have all your ritual plus all the wizard ones on tap with a little bit of downtime and gold , freeing up a lot of prepared spells.
Elemental adept fire works really well with your spell list. Have a noticeable increase with scorching Ray.

side note the artificial works really well with find familiar once you get to spell storing item.

Damon_Tor
2019-12-03, 09:22 AM
Magic Adept (Warlock) for Hex is nice. Combine with Scorching Ray and your Cannons, really solid damage once a day.