PDA

View Full Version : Flesh Golem Wizard?

Telvos
2007-10-19, 08:02 PM
Is there a way for a wizard to, instead of taking up lichdom, to somehow move his mind into a flesh golem to gain the construct type?

I haven't found any documented ways to do it, but I don't have all the splatbooks some of you all have, nor the experience. Any thoughts?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-19, 08:04 PM
A reincarnation could work (don't know, haven't read rein for a long time), and there are certain rituals to do it.

No, wait, there's already an earth elemental inside the golem that powers it up. If he leaves, the golem doesn't work. So no.

DraPrime
2007-10-19, 08:10 PM
Questions like these are better left up to the DM. While it would be cool, I honestly have no idea.

StickMan
2007-10-19, 08:19 PM
The evil book known as savage species has such info. Awaken Construct and such will do it for you, if you just want to be a Flesh Golem Wizard not sure about transferring your soul way though.

Telvos
2007-10-19, 08:26 PM
Well, I'm gonna propose the idea to the DM. I'm thinking of just taking Lich and altering it.

Phylactery has the lich's soul in it, so I'm thinking that you could say that instead of gaining an undead body, just build the flesh golem as the Phylactery. Animate the golem but use the wizard's soul instead of the standard elemental spirit.

Anyone know of a better way, though?

Kaelaroth
2007-10-20, 04:35 AM
I had an alternate history campaign which I was playing in; where it was ruled that Lenin had transferred his mind into that of a stone golem.

So, maybe you could do that, actually magically put your brain into the golem?

Or, maybe you could awaken it and magic jar it?

Or, maybe you could repeatedly take half-golem?