PDA

View Full Version : Overcome Power Resistance

snailgosh
2019-12-03, 02:27 AM
I'm playing a sort of Jedi character whose main shtick is a psionic equivalent of the Moon Blade spell.

Sadly, the spell allows for SR.
What are my options to reduce the chance of my blade not doing any damage upon contact?

I know of the Power Penetration feats, but would favor an item-based solution, since I'm rather starved for feats already.

Most CL-Boosters I could find so far seem to be explicitly arcane or divine in nature.

Psyren
2019-12-03, 03:08 AM
Most CL-Boosters I could find so far seem to be explicitly arcane or divine in nature.

That doesn't matter - psionics-magic transparency extends to magic items. This means that items like an orange ioun stone or a bead of karma can be used to boost manifester level (and therefore penetration) even though they refer to caster level..

snailgosh
2019-12-03, 10:24 AM
That doesn't matter - psionics-magic transparency extends to magic items. This means that items like an orange ioun stone or a bead of karma can be used to boost manifester level (and therefore penetration) even though they refer to caster level..

I am afraid you are only partially right. Flat increases to CL will also boost ML due to transparency, but some items, like the karma beads you mentioned, do have specific restrictions.

Strand of Prayer Beads: This item appears to be a normal string of prayer beads until the owner casts a divine spell.

The Ioun Stone would work, but it sports a rather hefty price. Do you know of any more cost-efficient items regarding the explicit purpose of overcoming Spell Resistance?

Troacctid
2019-12-03, 10:39 AM
Third eye penetrate gives +2 to power penetration for 8,000 gp.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-12-03, 10:42 AM
Combine Magic mantle with Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) to negate PR entirely. The XPH refers to the manifesting of psionic powers explicitly as being innate, in case it matters.

snailgosh
2019-12-03, 02:24 PM
Third eye penetrate gives +2 to power penetration for 8,000 gp.

That price is more reasonable than the Ioun Stone, thanks for that.

Combine Magic mantle with Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) to negate PR entirely. The XPH refers to the manifesting of psionic powers explicitly as being innate, in case it matters.

Yeah that's not gonna fly at my table.