PDA

View Full Version : New to homebrew and DnD, Golem Master Prestige class.

sanon
2007-10-19, 08:03 PM
To start I am new to DnD, and never home brewed anything.

For my groups campaign I am the only caster, and I want a Golem, so I thought I'd make a prestige class for it since making an accual golem is such a pain in the ass and not really worth it. It's more of a C3PO type of Golem, rather than a CRUSH KILL DESTROY type.

Golem Master, no offensive bits, only minor defensive, with useful bits thrown in.

The basics of the class is that at the first level of this class you make a Golem, haven't got the stats, but will have all the basic craft golem stuff (time to make, materials, craft checks, no exp though unless you make a second after the first is destroyed).

The class is Arcane based and looses one caster level by taking the class, but at every level after the first gets +1 to exsisting caster level.

At every level you can spend a certain amount of gold to upgrade its HD, though the more you hold off on this the less it costs per HD. It takes 1D8 hours to upgrade +1 per extra HD. The Golem has a D10 hit die, the class itself has D4

Every even level you get to add a upgrade/add-on to the golem itself, examples below, though I need more.

At 4th Golem Master HD you can choose one of two upgrades, both based on transformation. One of them is to allow the Golem to transform into a 4 legged form, which gains it 60ft run speed, but upgrades that require hands will no longer be useable, it is also mountable. The other is the same as the 4 legged, only its a flying form with 20ft land speed, 40ft flight speed and good maneuverability. You get the second upgrade at 8 HD

Transformation takes 3 full rounds.
4-legged- 60ft land speed, mountable, but looses some of the humanoid upgrades.
Flying- 20ft land speed, 40ft flight speed, mountable, looses some humanoid upgrades.
Humanoid- 30ft land speed, can use humanoid upgrades, has bucklers on each arm for +AC.

The humanoid form cannot attack as the Golem Master see's it as a peice of art and does not want it tarnished, though if the Golem Master falls to 50% HP the Golem will automatically come to the aid of its master unless otherwise commanded. When attacking as such it has a slam attack for 1D6 damage, which can be used twice as a full round action.

-Boo- You create a single mechanical hamster and store it in the golem, at the command "Go for the eyes Boo" the golem fires the hamster, and must make a ranged touch attack roll to see if it hits, if it does it grapples and does 1d6 dmg, on a roll of 20 the enemy looses its eyes. The Hamster has a range of 40ft, and attempts to scurry back into the golem after doing its work, it has a land speed of 30ft.
-Storage Compartment- self explanatory.
-Wand rack, allows the Golem Master to draw a wand as a free action. "The machinery in the golem whirrs and a wand flips out into it's hand. It presents the wand to its master with the pride of a dog playing fetch"
-Scroll case. same as above for scrolls.
-Magical compass. The golem keeps a map of places it has been and always knows where it is in relation to that. Like a GPS, but only shows places the golem has been.

Really I just want a Golem, so if anyone can think of better alternatives, then please, tell them. It was suggested to me to simply make a golem and have it considered an ugradable magic item.

reorith
2007-10-20, 12:27 PM
what advantages does a c3po type golem have over a toweing monstrosity of steel or stone?

what would a character gain from taking these levels instead of continuing to batman around?