PDA

View Full Version : Revised Trickery Domain

Jtl
2019-12-03, 05:03 PM
I’m in the middle of reworking a bunch of 5e subclasses. I’m planning on doing almost all of them except the ones I think are already great to bring them to a generally higher power level. Let me know what you think of this one.

Trickery Domain

Domain spells
(Same as original)

Blessing of the Trickster
Starting when you choose this domain at 1st level. you gain proficiency in one skill from the following list: Stealth, Sleight of Hand, Deception. You can also use your action to touch a willing creature to give it advantage on one of Stealth, Sleight of Hand, Or Deception checks (your choice). This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again.

Channel Divinity: Invoke Duplicity
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to create an illusory duplicate of yourself.
As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute or until you dismiss it. The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. On your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.
For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

Improved Duplicity
Starting at 6th level, you can create up to two duplicates of yourself, instead of one, when you use Invoke Duplicity. During your turn, you can move any number of them up to 30 feet, to a maximum range of 120 feet. While the feature is active, you may use a bonus action to change places with either one of your duplicates. You instantly teleport to its location and it appears in yours. An observing creature must have a passive perception score greater than your spell save DC to determine that the switch took place, or use an action to make a perception or investigation check against your spell save DC. You may only do this twice for every use of invoke duplicity.

Divine Strike
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with deception–*a gift from your deity. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 psychic damage to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.

Master of Invisibility
At 17th level, you can cast Invisibility on yourself without expending a spell slot a number of times equal to your wisdom modifier every long rest. You can also expend 3 uses of this feature to cast Greater Invisibility on yourself without expending a spell slot.