PDA

View Full Version : Artificer help

newguydude1
2019-12-04, 03:46 AM
Hi. I need help with my artificer. Could you guys help? The inspiration of this character is a warpsmith from warhammer 40k.

At level 1 he's going to carry a spiked chain, or 3
In combat he's going to infuse Personal Weapon Augmentation on it to bestow it the flying property to turn it into a medium animated object 3 times per day.
I want to use larger weapons but you can only use personal weapon augmentation on weapons you wield and you can't wield weapons that are larger than you. Technically I can "throw" a larger weapon but I'm not a rule lawyer.
Spiked chains thrashing about and grappling creatures give it a mechatendril feel

At level 2 he's going to create a scroll of summon mirror mephit which will cost 2 (spell level) x 3 (caster level) x 12.5gp = 75gp and 6xp, cast metamagic scroll on it to apply extend spell and cast it. During the 24 second summoning duration he's going to get its name or a name of another mirror mephit that wants to make 400gp. Then he's going to create a scroll of Lesser Planar Ally from the domain crusader's spell list which costs 4 (spell level) x 4 (caster level) x 12.5gp = 200gp and 116xp to make. Then he's gonna use it to call that mirror mephit and pay it 400gp to make a simulacrum of another mirror mephit and have it give control of the simulacrum over to him. At this point the mirror mephit goes poof so it can't backstab me. He then makes the simulacrum make a simulacrum of a 2nd mirror mephit, give control of that simulacrum over to him as well, and then kill the 1st simulacrum. That way the original mirror mephit can't steal control. Then he's gonna have his simulacrum of a mirror mephit make 8hd simulacra of advanced creatures to throw at his opponents.

At level 8 he's going to use concurrent infusions to cast spell storing item to cast planar binding form the demonologist's spell list to bind 12hd outsiders.

At level 11 he's going to create and cast scrolls of simulacrum to get stronger simulacra.

So mixing constructs with outsiders give the warpsmith feel but I don't know what to do after level 11. Crafting constructs take too much downtime and money, using scrolls for greater planar binding has a money upkeep and I don't want a cash flow thing going. Using wish to craft constructs costs too much xp.

What can I do or look forward to after level 11?

Kalkra
2019-12-04, 11:37 AM
You can use Monkey Grip if you really want a bigger chain. I'm assuming you plan on being feat-starved, though.

newguydude1
2019-12-04, 11:47 AM
You can use Monkey Grip if you really want a bigger chain. I'm assuming you plan on being feat-starved, though.

It requires a BAB of +1 so I can't grab it at level 1. I thought about using it and a large creature and enlarge person to get upto gargantuan weapons but with me getting simulacra at level 2 I don't think it's worth it. If I could get it at level 1 I probably would get it.

gogogome
2019-12-04, 06:23 PM
Use Extract Demonic Essence to not only be more warpsmith like but to also reduce the cost of your scrolls of simulacrum and wish in half.