PDA

View Full Version : "Blessing of the Library" epic boon for hi-tier players

Miz_Liz
2019-12-04, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

I would love some input on this epic boon I plan to give my players when they reach a certain major story beat in our campaign. This is meant to be almost equivalent to multi-classing a level.

For context (because comments/criticism on the flavor text is also welcomed) the Library of Worlds is basically my homebrew world's version of Yggdrasil. This boon would come into the game after the players (level 13-15, depending) complete a major task for the Library and are called to be Librarians.

EDIT: I should probably mention this is for a DnD 5e game

The Blessing of the Library
Epic tier feat

You have travelled the realms and proved your worth. Shown that you are willing and able to give aide when needed, and observe where necessary. Your knowledge has grown, as has your craving for more of it. As such, Maiarna, head Librarian of the Library of worlds, has seen fit to welcome you into the ranks of her attendants. You are now, and shall be forevermore, a Librarian.

This epic feat is granted to members of any of the Altha’arnian sister orders who have proven themselves worthy in multiple realms to join the attendants of the Library of Worlds. It is a great shift in power, and should not be granted to a player lower than 13th level

- You gain proficiency in the ancient language, and one more language of your choice.
- You may raise your intelligence, charisma, OR wisdom score by one, to a max of 20
- You gain proficiency in two of the following: arcana, history, investigation, nature, religion
- You gain expertise in one intelligence, charisma, OR wisdom skill you are proficient in

You have learned the power of words to help and hinder. You may learn two of the following cantrips: Vicious Mockery, Word of Radiance, Resistance, Mending, Message, Minor Illusion, Light.

In addition, you gain the use of a Library Stone, which allows one casting of each of the following spells per day. Identify, Augury, Sending

Any and all comments and criticism appreciated!

Sir Brett Nortj
2019-12-04, 05:30 PM
Hi all,

I would love some input on this epic boon I plan to give my players when they reach a certain major story beat in our campaign. This is meant to be almost equivalent to multi-classing a level.

For context (because comments/criticism on the flavor text is also welcomed) the Library of Worlds is basically my homebrew world's version of Yggdrasil. This boon would come into the game after the players (level 13-15, depending) complete a major task for the Library and are called to be Librarians.

EDIT: I should probably mention this is for a DnD 5e game

The Blessing of the Library
Epic tier feat

You have travelled the realms and proved your worth. Shown that you are willing and able to give aide when needed, and observe where necessary. Your knowledge has grown, as has your craving for more of it. As such, Maiarna, head Librarian of the Library of worlds, has seen fit to welcome you into the ranks of her attendants. You are now, and shall be forevermore, a Librarian.

This epic feat is granted to members of any of the Altha’arnian sister orders who have proven themselves worthy in multiple realms to join the attendants of the Library of Worlds. It is a great shift in power, and should not be granted to a player lower than 13th level

- You gain proficiency in the ancient language, and one more language of your choice.
- You may raise your intelligence, charisma, OR wisdom score by one, to a max of 20
- You gain proficiency in two of the following: arcana, history, investigation, nature, religion
- You gain expertise in one intelligence, charisma, OR wisdom skill you are proficient in

You have learned the power of words to help and hinder. You may learn two of the following cantrips: Vicious Mockery, Word of Radiance, Resistance, Mending, Message, Minor Illusion, Light.

In addition, you gain the use of a Library Stone, which allows one casting of each of the following spells per day. Identify, Augury, Sending

Any and all comments and criticism appreciated!

Great stuff. Clever and Creative. All these little knick knacks you never buy, but now that you got them, the game changes, hey? Like a game master dream manifested!

PwrHngryTortois
2019-12-05, 01:03 PM
Fun and balanced, not going to break anything but adds a lot of utility, I like it!