PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Just a small bit of Psionic homebrew

Kris Moonhand
2019-12-05, 01:14 AM
I made these for a game I'm in and figured I should share.

The Chronicle of Legends book introduced a new kind of trait: Exemplar Traits. These allow you to take more than one of a category of traits, but take up two "slots". Here's one I came up with for Psionic Traits.

Master of Metafocus

Exemplar Type: Psionic Exemplar

Your focused mind is a jade palace, unshakable and impenetrable. Twice per day when using an ability which requires you to expend your psionic focus, you may use it without expending your focus. For each other psionic trait you have, you can use this trait’s benefit an additional time each day. Regardless of how many uses of this trait you have, you may only gain its benefits once per turn.
Note that the wording allows you to use these abilities without expending focus. I had originally thought to give the ability to refocus as a free action, but realized that could cause issues with abilities that fire when focus is expended or gained.

Collective Reinforcements [Combat, Psionic]
You link with summoned allies automatically, allowing them to leap directly into the fray.
Prerequisites: Collective class feature
Benefits: Whenever you or a member of your collective summons a creature, including, but not limited to: monsters from a summon monster spell, eidolons, astral constructs, constellation champions, and eclipse occultations; you may place any number of those creatures into your collective (up to your normal maximum) as a free action that may be taken even when it is not your turn. If a creature was summoned by an unwilling member of your collective, it still receives a Will save to avoid being added to the collective.
I don't know about y'all, but I've been in a fair number of games as a collective user alongside people who summon lots and lots of critters. I kept thinking to myself "man, if only I could put those things into my collective right when they come out." So I came up with a feat for it.

And for those who just can't get enough summoning action, there's this:

Improved Collective Reinforcements [Combat, Psionic]
The ephemeral nature of summoned creatures allows you to connect to them without much strain.
Prerequisites: Collective class feature, Collective Reinforcements
Benefits: You can have an additional number of summoned creatures (as defined in Collective Reinforcements) in your collective equal to your mental modifier that you use to determine collective effects (Wisdom for Vitalists, Charisma for Highlords, etc). Additionally, summoned creatures do not cause you to lose PP or become sickened when they die.
Just in case you're the kind of person who uses Unwilling Participant AND has allies that summon critters. Or you're friends with a Master Summoner.

Lemme know what you think!