PDA

View Full Version : Coloring in 1152

Gluteus_Maximus
2019-12-05, 08:51 PM
I'm surprised no one has caught this, and it's probably too late for the book's printing, but...

In 1152 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1152.html) Brewmaster Firuk's hair changes from dark grey to light grey between panels.

The light grey is, of course, the correct color as in 1099 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1099.html).

Gift Jeraff
2019-12-06, 12:55 PM
It was pointed out that his hair changes colour between #1095 and #1096. That goof in #1152 is probably the result of using the original hair from #1095 by mistake and then fixing it but missing that panel.

As for why the hair changed in the first place, my working theory is that Rich reread OTOOPC to do the dialogue for #1096 and realized Firuk refers to himself as an old dwarf even back when Durkon was banished.

The Pilgrim
2019-12-06, 01:26 PM
That's just the Rejuvenating effects of Master Firuk's Special Masterwork Beer.

Peelee
2019-12-06, 03:36 PM
That's just the Rejuvenating effects of Master Firuk's Special Masterwork Beer.

That's a bit of a stretch. Obviously, it's because you can always tell a dwarven Bewmaster by their ever-changing hair colors. It's a supernatural ability Brewmasters get.

CriticalFailure
2019-12-06, 06:30 PM
couldn't it be shadows or something

Riftwolf
2019-12-06, 06:57 PM

They've hired a new cinematographer, there's still teething problems with the gaffers, sometimes characters aren't lit for effect.

Schroeswald
2019-12-06, 07:15 PM

Thar’s no shadows! It’s a friggin’ stick figure comic, ye moron! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html)

Peelee
2019-12-06, 07:50 PM
I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder

I am proud to be the namesake of this!

Schroeswald
2019-12-06, 08:54 PM
I am proud to be the namesake of this!

Alas I might need to remove that part eventually since somehow I’ve managed to correctly predict two things in the past 20 strips, and most people disagreed with me on them too.

Emanick
2019-12-06, 09:01 PM
Alas I might need to remove that part eventually since somehow I’ve managed to correctly predict two things in the past 20 strips, and most people disagreed with me on them too.

What were the things you correctly predicted? I’m intrigued; I see predictions come true so rarely.

Schroeswald
2019-12-06, 10:35 PM
What were the things you correctly predicted? I’m intrigued; I see predictions come true so rarely.

The first one was Minrah joining the order, the second one was the fact that I didn’t think that Team Evil would find the gate in the final strip of the book, which I only count because I was like the only one who thought it.

Emanick
2019-12-06, 10:51 PM
The first one was Minrah joining the order, the second one was the fact that I didn’t think that Team Evil would find the gate in the final strip of the book, which I only count because I was like the only one who thought it.

Tbf, I was like 60% sure they wouldn’t find it, if only because it was the obvious thing to do and I nearly always bet against Rich doing the obvious thing.

That’s not the same as being confident enough in your prediction to openly share it, of course, so you may retain all of your glory.

CriticalFailure
2019-12-06, 11:21 PM
I thought they'd discover that the door count was messed up as their final thing, but they haven't quite gotten there yet.

Peelee
2019-12-06, 11:41 PM
Tbf, I was like 60% sure they wouldn’t find it, if only because it was the obvious thing to do and I nearly always bet against Rich doing the obvious thing.

That’s not the same as being confident enough in your prediction to openly share it, of course, so you may retain all of your glory.

Indeed, all glory to the hypnotoad Schroeswald.

D.One
2019-12-10, 01:48 PM

I'm pretty sure shadows drain STR, they don't age (or de-age) people. Your are thinking ghosts (from older editions). :smallwink: