PDA

View Full Version : [IC] We Be Goblins (D&D 5e)

Izzarra
2019-12-05, 11:52 PM
You are goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live deep in Brinestump Marsh, south of the hated man-town called Sandpoint. Once, other goblins tried to burn Sandpoint down, and they would have been legends if they had succeeded. But they didn’t bring enough fire, and got themselves killed as a result.

Yesterday, your tribe discovered that one of your own had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos - writing things down. In fact, rumor holds that what he was writing was a history of your tribe! There’s no swifter way to bring about bad luck than stealing words out of your mind by writing them down, and so your tribe had no choice. You branded the goblin’s face with letters to punish him, which is why everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and then you ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.

That’s where things got interesting, because before you all burned down his hut, Chief Gutwad found a weird box within the building. Inside was a map and a lot of fireworks - fireworks that immediately came to use in burning the hut down. Then, this morning, Gutwad announced that tonight there would be a feast in order to drive out any lingering bad luck from Scribbleface’s poor decisions. But perhaps even more exciting, all of you have been secretly invited to meet at Chief Gutwad’s Moot House. Why would the chief want to speak to you? It can only mean that he’s got an important mission for you all... one that the other goblins of the tribe couldn’t pull off. This could be your chance to go down in Licktoad history!

OOC Thread: [OOC] We Be Goblins (D&D 5e) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?604146-OOC-We-Be-Goblins-(D-amp-D-5e))

Spore
2019-12-07, 06:07 AM
Ugh, Scribbleface had it coming. Zigvaz mentally curses the day he joined this dense tribe of nitwits, following an obese monarch of idiots. The Hero-Gods (https://pathfinder.fandom.com/wiki/Goblin_Hero-Gods) of old would be embarassed seeing their fiendish spawns to become such undisciplined, greedy and moronic.

As one of the few not dumb enough to fuel the hobgoblin's crusade against Sandpoint as cannon fodder, he was exiled afterwards for cowardice. Maybe this was his chance. To first establish himself as leader, and then kill that fat old chieftain to replace his nastyness.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-07, 06:50 AM
Must find firework. Garnik need to get firework. Blow up human with firework. Cover in oil first so it burn longer. The Great Chief Gutwad will let us blow up human with firework. He is good leader. If he not let us...maybe I blow him up and we find new leader Garnik says under his breath.

He is shaking with excitement at the thought of watching the horrible, squishy humans explode. If he could get his hands on a firework it would be his most prized possession. He would wait to use it at the perfect time. He imagines an explosion with dozens of humans being ripped apart. He smiles.

Ramsus
2019-12-07, 11:02 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0e/43/79/0e43795e357dfea0f14790c4adb0b78c.jpg
Moldsnax (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2064059)
Drunk Monk Goblin
AC: 17 HP: 10/10
PP: 15 PIv: 8 PIs: 13
Senses: DV 60ft.
Concentrating on: --
Conditions: --

Moldsnax excitedly leaps up from her face-down-drunk-in-the-mud position at the news that Gutwad wants to see them. She wipes off her face with both arms rapidly as she thinks about what he might want her for. Hopefully to steal food and drink from bigfolk! As she wobbles and trips on flat ground over to his big blurry looking hut, she remembers with a bit of sadness what happened to... what was his name? Letterfoot? Scrribletongue? Banana? Whatever! He had taught her to read and write stuff in secret. Or maybe that was just her being half passed out nearby? Or was that even him? Either way it definitely wasn't her fault he got caught....probably.

KAmber
2019-12-07, 01:03 PM
Keteren sat on a tree stump, silently restringing his crossbow as the messenger tells him about it - it had been cut somehow by someone in this tribe, which had definitely put a damper on his mood. The unusual shape didn't bother him anymore, as it helped for the weapon to double as a walking stick, though he did have to hold it slightly differently to account for the lengthened shaft.
Regardless, after he had finished he started walking to the chieftain's hut. Was this going to be a futile genocidal war effort? Licktoads didn't have the numbers to make a lasting difference on the residents of Sandpoint even if they burned it to the ground, and even if they did, some feudal lord or king or whatever would send some knights to "vanquish the goblin threat". Better to not cause trouble for at least a little while longer while we gather some form of better power. Then we can go kill some humans. Keep recklessness in check.
Ah, recklessness, the thing that drives every goblin and hobgoblin. Like the reckless use of fireworks to blow up the literate goblin's house. They could have just used fire, or had someone else move into there.
As this pondering tangent ended, Keteren stopped as well, knocking on the door to the chief's hut, or the wall next to the entrance if there is no door.
Hopefully this chief will advocate for survival. Then we might not have a problem.

(Also Spore are you mentioning me? Because Keteren has an entirely different standpoint.)

igordragonian
2019-12-08, 02:49 AM
K'harry Potterg was a tall very red hobgob, he had very square chin, and comicly small ears. His nose had a lightning bolt scar. He grew an epic sideburns, and a too small colorful wizard hat with stars and moons.
On his ripped soldiers were tied robes with matchig color and pattern, and a matching loincloth. On his back were tied few weapo- ehh. spells.
The biggest spell of course were the axe.
Under his armpit he held a book cover, which contained chains with teeth.
This wizard doesnt need to read!
Scribbleface is so stupid!
"K'harry want the fireball spell. K'harry can be even bigger Wizzie. K'harry love booms"

Izzarra
2019-12-08, 04:07 PM
Lying at the center of the village, the chief’s Moot House is a veritable museum of Licktoad heroics - crammed with trophies such as stolen weapons, shiny bits of treasure, and the brine-pickled bodies of dozens of brutally slaughtered small furry animals (mostly dogs).

In a high-pitched, nasal voice Slorb the chief's duly appointed adviser, an overdressed pompous goblin, calls out for all of you to enter.

Inside the Moot House, his Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad, who is a rather corpulent goblin, rules Licktoad Village from atop the great Teeter Chair, which is 6 feet high and allows him to more properly look down on his subjects. By tradition, Chief Gutwad does not speak directly to his subjects. Instead, he employs an adviser through whom he whispers instructions, for all goblins of the Licktoad tribe know that the words that come out Chief Gutwad's mouth are so mighty that they might frighten away all the words in the heads of lesser goblins. Only Slorb can handle the might of the chief ’s words without fainting from fear.

Slorb asks all of you to sit on the dirt in front of the Chief (which is a great honor!), but then, much to your surprise and shock, Chief Gutwad speaks to you directly in a deep, booming voice.

“You all be heroes. Each of you. You are best Licktoads but for me. And maybe but for Slorb. That you aren’t fleeing in terror from mighty sound of my voice is all the proof you should need. Yet soon, all Licktoad goblins will know your might, for I have picked you for a dangerous mission. You know about fireworks and map we found in Scribbleface’s hut. Fireworks were fun. But map is more fun. It shows a route to a place near the coast where Scribbleface found fireworks. And it says there are more fireworks there! I want them for Licktoads. You all go get them tomorrow. Tonight we have big bonfire to burn bad luck away from you, and we play many games. Much fun. Tomorrow you fetch me fireworks. If you meet men, you make them dead. If you meet dogs, you make them dead. If you meet horses, you make them dead. If you meet Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many, you maybe should run. And if you not find fireworks, you not come back or we feed you to Squealy Nord! Now go!”

With that you are rushed out of the Moot House by Slorb so that preparations can be made.

There are a total of four checks that can be made here, one is a DC 10 history that is nested inside some of the following spoilers so make an extra history roll for it in advance.
The marsh is a place of great bounty, with lots of places to hide and lots of delicious things to eat. Some of those things are kind of poisonous, though, so take care. One of the best things about the marsh is that the humans don’t normally come into it. They’re afraid of the monsters. Which are a concern, but if you know about them before they find out about you, running is always an option. Among the dangers that you can expect to face in the portion of Brinestump Marsh that you’ll be heading through are wild dogs, giant bugs, giant snakes, and giant frogs. Oh, and Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many. And maybe Vorka.

One of the greatest terrors of the swamp, at least to the Licktoads, is old Vorka, a ravenous cannibal goblin who, legend tells, was once the wife of a Licktoad chieftain. She murdered and ate that chieftain, as well as several other goblins, before she was driven out of town many years ago. Since then, the story says that she’s lived alone somewhere along the coast to the west of Licktoad village, and while she’s never returned, most goblins who go missing in that part of the swamp are assumed to have been eaten by the cannibal.
There are plenty of giant bugs in the swamp, but of late, the giant spider known as Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many (known more often simply as “Lotslegs”) is the most notorious. The giant spider lives somewhere in the marsh between the Licktoad village and the coast, and the route that Scribbleface’s map shows leads right through the giant spider’s territory.
The map is relatively simple, showing little more than the Licktoad village, the old shipwreck on the coast that supposedly contains the fireworks, and the creek that runs between the two locations. By following the creek, you should be able to easily reach the old wreck. Unfortunately, the old wreck is also located in the part of the swamp that all Licktoads know to be the territory of Vorka the cannibal.

One of the greatest terrors of the swamp, at least to the Licktoads, is old Vorka, a ravenous cannibal goblin who, legend tells, was once the wife of a Licktoad chieftain. She murdered and ate that chieftain, as well as several other goblins, before she was driven out of town many years ago. Since then, the story says that she’s lived alone somewhere along the coast to the west of Licktoad village, and while she’s never returned, most goblins who go missing in that part of the swamp are assumed to have been eaten by the cannibal.

Spore
2019-12-08, 04:50 PM
Zigvaz gauged the lardy leader, which is more blubber than goblin, and thought about his words, long and hard. Being stunned by the leader actually speaking for once, Zigvaz pauses to look away to collect his thoughts. So we are meant to go into the woods. Alone. Where a known cannibal lives. We dodge giant dogs and other monsters. We run away from a gigantic spider, the bane of our tribe's existence. To get more explosives? Zigvaz asks in a sarcastic manner.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! the warrior exclaims suddenly after. And when we offer them to you, I blow these idiots and your fat ass up right away. Zigvaz smiles a crooked grin.

Ramsus
2019-12-08, 04:55 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax was pretty surprised to be called one of the best in the Licktoad tribe. Best at drinking? Yes. Best at eating? Maybe aside from Gutwad himself? Best at dancing! Yes! By the time she got through this short mental list she forgot her surprise and was in full agreement she was best.

"We definitely not fight Loltslegs. I go into marsh many times for hunts food. One time I see Lotslegs. Had two baker's-dozen legs! That's too many!" Moldsnax asserts.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-08, 08:40 PM
"Firework! Firework! I get to go find Firework! I knew Gutwad was a good leader. I'm not sure why he picked me though. Hobgoblins are smart. Zigvaz is smart. Moldsnax can swing a horsechopper. I'm not smart and I only have a dogslicer. I'm not sure why I'm here. I guess I am the only goblin to ever escape from the evil, horrible, rotten smelling humans in Sandpoint. And I can blow things up. And now I can listen to Gutwad and I'm not even scared. I'm not sure what he said except there are firework if I just follow this simple map. I hope there is something there I can blow up."

He looks over the map. "I know where this is. The humans took me close to there once. I can get us there with this map."

When Garnik gets up, there is a small pile of dirt where he was sitting, just like there always is when he leaves. His skin would look like cracked rock if it weren't always covered in dirt. He goes out and digs up 5 more vials of oil for the trip before returning to the village for the party.

KAmber
2019-12-09, 02:29 AM
Keteren struggles to sit on the ground, so he ends up with one leg kneeling, head down. Once he's rushed out, he nods at all the things the others say, then replies in a dry tone, "Good, everyone's excited about the search for this barely valuable stockpile of fireworks risking our tribe's valuable resources, which are better to do another thing entirely. As for the map, that's good for us, though, and I - him -" Keteren points to K'harry with the other end of the crossbow before sighing and just lowering it. "Sure. You can say that." Voicing most of his concerns out in the open here, which is rare.

igordragonian
2019-12-09, 03:18 AM
K'harry smiled with pride.
"Yez! My wizmashing! All gobs respect it now! My magic!" he waved his axe.
"No need fear silly baby eater! We have MAGIC on our side!" and the buff hobgoblin sliced the closest thing on their path, with his Axe Slash spell

KAmber
2019-12-09, 09:33 AM
Keteren goes and sits down on a stump or something, somewhere concealing a middle finger directed at K'harry in the process, then goes about doing maintenance on his weapons.

Izzarra
2019-12-10, 12:24 AM
Goblins toil all afternoon to build the bonfire out of branches, sticks, and unburnt timbers taken from the ruins of Scribbleface’s hut. As night falls, a group of four struggling goblins carry the Teeter Chair (with Chief Gutwad sitting atop it) out to the bonfire, and the chief signals the start of the party by lighting the fire with a Desnan candle (firework). There are lots of good things to eat (snails, fish, and snakes). The chief brings out a barrel of fermenting cider apples early on and most goblins get drunk very quickly

If you fail you are poisoned until you complete a long rest.
As the evening progresses, word that you are going on a special quest spreads, and the other goblins of the tribe begin daring you to show off your heroics. Eventually the crowd begins chanting to see the Dance with Squealy Nord!

The goblins describe Squealy Nord as a fearsome boar who lives in a muddy pit in the middle of the village, right next to the goblin baby cages. In fact, Nord is a hyperactive piglet escaped from a nearby farm. His pit itself is circular, nearly 20 feet in diameter, and just over 10 feet deep. “Dancing with Squealy Nord” requires you to spend 3 rounds riding on the pig's back. Squealy Nord is tethered at first, then released into the pit from a narrow corral with the volunteer clinging onto his back and generally screaming a lot.

Those of you that wish to try to ride Squealy Nord roll initiative to decide who goes first.

igordragonian
2019-12-10, 02:46 AM
"The apples taste funny. Ahahahaha!" Kharry laughed, as he ate the apples with the grace and generosity of a muscle wizard- somehow spread bits of the apples on everygob around.

"I need to check my charm animals spell!" he has opened the book with an expriession of self importance passing his tubby finger om the teeth.

----

Intiative
[roll0]+3

Bobthewizard
2019-12-10, 06:10 AM
Garnik indulges in the apples and drinks the juice, making toasts to the other party members and to his many friends in the village. He is excited to be a part of this adventure and honored to be with the others. For such a dumb goblin, he sure can tell a story well. The other goblins are entranced as he tells the story of Gutwad's speech. They cheer when he describes how we are going to blow up the humans when we get the fireworks. They especially love when he describes the human body parts flying through the air and then the goblins feasting on the dead children.

When the cries of Squealy Nord start, Garnik volunteers immediately.

KAmber
2019-12-10, 09:44 AM
Keteren listens to Garnik's story, fiddling around and eating an apple. Before Garnik takes his turn, Keteren touches him on the shoulder (reassuringly), casting Guidance. (No noticeable effect IC; add a D4 to your next ability check) "Good luck."

Keteren totally abstains from the Squealy Nord thing for now though. Better things to do.

Ramsus
2019-12-10, 11:31 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax very uncharacteristically doesn't immediately go for the fermented apples.... until all the other goblins have had a taste at which point she just shoves the others aside and literally dives into the barrel and eats and drinks as much as possible before she's dragged out/finishes it.

When she notices Garnik telling stories she joins in by pantomiming what he's describing, making goblins seem heroic and tallfolk seem stupid. While she wobbles all over the place.
In the middle of this, when she notices people are going to ride Squaly Nord, she shouts out "SQUEALY NORD!" indicating she wants a turn at some point.

Con save: [roll0]
Edit: Well that's appropriate given what I described. :smallamused:

Initiative: I'm fine with just going last.

Spore
2019-12-10, 12:25 PM
Zigvaz sits in front of the pyre, enjoying the fire as its source might soon pave his way to chieftainhood. He indulges in a few more apples than most, and after a while he too joins the others at the pig pen, watching the dolts fall into the dirt. Of course knew about pigs, they were even compared to the ferocity of dogs. When you fell down in a crowded pig pen, you are fair game and get eaten. The warrior was waiting to see a bit of a more ferocious pig to be honest.

Not his team though, they seemt too stubborn to die, either through idiocy or sheer skill.

Izzarra
2019-12-11, 01:49 AM
Kharry is the first to act jumping onto the back of Squealy Nord.

You will need to make three consecutive DC 14 Dexterity (Animal Handling) checks, per the rule for skills with different abilities in the handbook.

If Kharry fails a check then he falls off and Garnik jumps on and has a chance followed by Moldsnax then back to the top of initiative.

The Dance with Squealy Nord ends when one of the three volunteers makes three consecutive checks or everyone gives up.

igordragonian
2019-12-11, 02:15 AM
Kharry jump on the pig and yell
Animal Charm!!!

+2 from dex, no proficeny in animal handling

[roll0]+2

Izzarra
2019-12-11, 02:25 AM
The gate opens and the frantic pig starts running around the pit. Kharry looses his grip almost immediately and falls off.

Kharry takes 2 damage from the fall. Garnik is up.
Go ahead and make three rolls in one post.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-11, 04:17 AM
Garnik waves to the crowd each time before chasing down Squealy Nord and jumping on his back. As he slips and falls in the mud, he seems to like it better than the pig. Even if he falls off the pig, he clearly enjoys rolling in the mud and entertaining his friends, who cheer for him the whole time. When it is not his turn, he cheers enthusiastically for the other participants.

Garnik keeps trying, giving up only after falling off 5 times. You can intersperse these with others' rolls if they want to keep trying. If you are willing to make any of these an acrobatics check, add 3 to the roll. I assumed only one guidance spell from Keteren. If he wants to cast more, add those as he requests.

Attempt 1
[roll0] + Guidance [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Attempt 2
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Attempt 3
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Attempt 4
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Attempt 5
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Ramsus
2019-12-11, 12:06 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin
AC: 17 HP: 8/10

Moldsnax takes her go on the pig and almost immediately is thrown off and tumbles through the mud.

Poisoned, so disadvantage.
Check 1: [roll0] [roll1]
Check 2: [roll2] [roll3]
Check 3: [roll4] [roll5]

KAmber
2019-12-11, 05:34 PM
Garnik waves to the crowd each time before chasing down Squealy Nord and jumping on his back. As he slips and falls in the mud, he seems to like it better than the pig. Even if he falls off the pig, he clearly enjoys rolling in the mud and entertaining his friends, who cheer for him the whole time. When it is not his turn, he cheers enthusiastically for the other participants.

Garnik keeps trying, giving up only after falling off 5 times. You can intersperse these with others' rolls if they want to keep trying. If you are willing to make any of these an acrobatics check, add 3 to the roll. I assumed only one guidance spell from Keteren. If he wants to cast more, add those as he requests.

Attempt 1
[roll0] + Guidance [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Attempt 2
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Attempt 3
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Attempt 4
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Attempt 5
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Guidance is touch range, so no.

Izzarra
2019-12-12, 12:16 AM
Garnik manages to hold on for 10 seconds while the crowd cheers before being thrown to the mud.

Moldsnax tries to get a hold of Squealy Nord but gets slightly trampled. There is much laughter.

Garnik takes 3 damage in the fall, Moldsnax takes 2 damage.

Kharry gets one more try before the second set of rolls for Garnik happen.

igordragonian
2019-12-12, 02:48 AM
Kharry laugh, as he fell and then his friends join him in the mud.
"School Of Enchantmanty need train." he flexed his muscles.
"Dominante person!" he anounced his spell as he jumped and tried again to tame the pig.

[roll0]+2
[roll1]+2
[roll2]+2

Bobthewizard
2019-12-12, 06:17 AM
After falling off the pig, Garnik lies in the mud for a second, before shaking off the fall and jumping up with a smile on his face. When K'harry goes next and stays on for the full 30 seconds, Garnik is the first to run, slide, slip into the mud pit and congratulate him. "That Dominate Person spell is amazing, K'harry. You are a great wizard!"

Garnik then joins the other goblins in picking up K'harry on their shoulders, carrying him around the ring and chanting "K'harry! K'harry! K'harry! The greatest goblin wizard!"

KAmber
2019-12-12, 09:35 AM
Keteren notes that this is helping morale, watching his peers from pretty close, but not close enough to be shoved in the pit.

Ramsus
2019-12-12, 01:27 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax also applauds Kharry. After a minute, being the not smart but apparently wise goblin she is, asks, "Is pig person though?" and tilts her head in confusion.

KAmber
2019-12-13, 01:25 AM
"...No." he says, then starts raising his voice as he goes on. "Pigs are more like humans! They take up all the space they can, they're greedy, and are inferior to the Licktoads!" Then, as some goblins don't get the sentence, he yells "BOO, HUMANS!"

Izzarra
2019-12-13, 01:51 AM
There is much excitement as Kharry manages to ride Squealy Nord longer then any before. After there is much booing of humans. The chief says "You best rider. For most amazing dance you get to have Dragon Brew Gourd."

The Dragon Brew Gourd is an elixir of Dragon's Breath. After drinking the elixir you can breath out a single blast of energy as per the spell Dragon's Breath. The magic of the elixir ends after one use of the breath weapon or after 1 hour has passed, whichever comes first.
"Now who dares to Eat a Bag of Bull Slugs Real Quick."

A large basket with bags of wriggling black Bull slugs the size of sausages is brought out. Even among the goblins, they’re considered particularly foul-tasting and, because of the large amounts of slime they exude, difficult to chew.

You have 1 minute to eat an entire bag of bull slugs to win this dare. Eating the slugs is not a problem, even though they wriggle, taste of rotten fish, and burst with a little squeal when chewed. Eating a full bag in a minute is the hard part.

The chief grabs a bull slug and chomps down on it with gusto then spits out the tail bulb.

Everybody that would like to participate will need to roll initiative and a constitution save. Each turn specify if you try to mimic the Chief and spit out the tail bulb. The initiative roll is only going to be used in the event that we need a tiebreaker so there is no need to post in order of initiative. There are 5 slugs in each bag.
The slugs have a mildly poisonous slime bladder on their tail. Swallowing the slug whole is fast and easy but could have repercussions later. Eating the slug and spitting out the slime bladder is safer but harder to do.

Ramsus
2019-12-13, 02:29 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax glares at Kharry because he got a fancy thing called a "brew", which clearly should belong in her mouth.

Then she frowns at the worms. She's not sure about these. They smell good, but they don't have any delicious mold on them so that might be a bad sign. Having not eaten them before, she just copies the chief.

Initiative: [roll0]

Con save: [roll1]

Spit out tail bulb.

igordragonian
2019-12-13, 04:34 AM
"Aha! Glory! My magic will smash wizards! Aha!" Kharry gloat, as he take the brew
"I don't know, I just spied on wizard students and say the name of the spells they mentioned. I know dominante person is a better spell then a charm animal. So it worked!"

He look at the slugs, but generously say
"I'll go last. I don't wanna hog all the glory.' and then he burst into a laughter
"Hog."

Bobthewizard
2019-12-13, 06:12 AM
Garnik cheers along with the other Goblins and Keteren, "BOO HUMANS!"

After Chief Gutwad explains the next contest, Garnik volunteers, "Great Chief Gutwad keeps coming up with fun games today. I will eat Bull Slugs."

Constitution: [roll1]
He spits out the tails at first but then gets too excited and swallows the last one whole

KAmber
2019-12-15, 02:09 AM
Keteren takes the bag, doesn't participate in the contest, sits down somewhere, then cuts up the slugs and eats the non-poisonous parts slowly while watching the rest of the people doing it.

Spore
2019-12-15, 06:33 AM
How long can this tribe go? Zigvaz says as the pig wrestler is crowned. The vial of alchemical fire suddenly interests the seasoned warrior. Thinking about the slugs, he decides to join the foray.

Init[roll0]
Con save [roll1]
I'll plan on eating all of them whole, then hiding away to vomit.

Izzarra
2019-12-15, 11:09 PM
Moldsnax manages to eat the first slug and spit out the tail bulb.
Garnik struggles to separate the tail bulb from the slug.
Zigvaz simply swallows the slug whole.

A fail simply means you can try again next turn.
14 - Moldsnax - Pass
14 - Garnik - Fail
8 - Zigvaz - Pass
1 - Kharry - Need a roll

Ramsus
2019-12-17, 01:36 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax eats another.

Spit out tail bulb.

igordragonian
2019-12-17, 03:31 AM
Kharry open a wide jaw, and pour the slugs in.
"Nam nam nam!!!"

Nature [roll0]-3

Con save [roll1]
Con save [roll2]

Con save [roll3]

Spore
2019-12-17, 05:07 AM
Another one.

Con [roll0]

Bobthewizard
2019-12-17, 06:20 AM
Garnik was going to try to bite off the tails, but since he struggled with the first one, he swallows the rest whole.

Constitution [roll0]

Edit: Sorry, I forgot that sorcerers are proficient in CON saves. Please add another 2.

Izzarra
2019-12-17, 10:22 PM
Moldsnax spends a few seconds trying to get a hold of the second slug.
Garnik manages to down his first slug now that he is not trying to spit out the bulb.
Zigvaz keeps going like a champ.
Kharry upends the bag spilling two slugs on the ground but manages to eat one that fell out.

Totals:
14 - Moldsnax - 1 pass, 1 fail
14 - Garnik - 1 pass, 1 fail
8 - Zigvaz - 2 pass
1 - Kharry - 1 pass, 2 fail

igordragonian I think there is a typo on your sheet with the con save. I added the missing +3 to your rolls.

Ramsus
2019-12-18, 02:00 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax tries again.

Spit out tail bulb.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-18, 06:50 AM
Now I think I've got it as he eagerly reaches for the next slug, burping a little at the bad taste and slime, but smiling at the fun of the game.

Con Save: [roll0]

He continues to swallow them whole

Spore
2019-12-18, 06:51 AM
Another one.

[roll0]

Izzarra
2019-12-18, 08:13 PM
Moldsnax manages to add a little flare to how she spits out the bulb and the crown rejoices.
Garnik struggles with the next slug.
Zigvaz keeps going like a legend.
Kharry roots around on the ground finding the slugs that missed his mouth.

Totals:
14 - Moldsnax - 2 pass, 1 fail
14 - Garnik - 1 pass, 2 fail
8 - Zigvaz - 3 pass
1 - Kharry - 1 pass, 2 fail

Ramsus
2019-12-19, 12:30 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax does a handstand (and probably falls over) as she puts the next one in her mouth.

Spit out tail bulb.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-19, 06:50 AM
Garnik gets frustrated at not being able to eat the slug twice now, throws the next one on the ground and attacks it with his dog slicer. He then realizes his mistake and tries to pick up the slug pieces and shovel them into his mouth.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

constitution [roll2]

Edit: Since he missed the squirming slug with his dog slicer, instead of picking it up, he keeps trying to hit it. He'll keep going at this until he cuts it up, someone stops him, the contest ends, or he collapses in exhaustion.

Spore
2019-12-19, 04:04 PM
Zigvaz is annoyed by the speed the things go. He swallows two at once.

[roll0]
[roll1]

igordragonian
2019-12-19, 08:17 PM
Kharry trying again, of course with the same technique!

[roll0]+2
[roll1]+2
[roll2]+2

KAmber
2019-12-19, 09:58 PM
Keteren smiles to himself, eating his slug pieces slowly. Fun thing to watch.

Izzarra
2019-12-19, 11:00 PM
While Gorak is having trouble slicing up a slug and Kharry upends the bag again Zigvaz keeps his streek going and manages to finish the whole bag uninterrupted.

After the cheering dies down the chief says "Yes yes, you are the most best slug swallower. You get to use the mighty Gorge of Gluttons on your mission. But you bring it back or you die."

Due to action economy Zigvaz cannot actually eat two at the same time. However as those are both passes and everyone else has at least one fail, Zigvaz will be the winner regardless of what happens in the next round.
Now for the repercussions for eating whole slugs.
Everyone who ate a slug whole needs to make one last con save with the DC equal to 15 + the number of slugs that were swallowed whole or be poisoned until they finish a long rest.
Gorge of Gluttons is a +1 Dogslicer.
"Now for a game of Hide or Get Clubbed"

This is the goblin version of hide and seek. The participants rush off into the marsh and attempt to find a good hiding spot. The other goblins try to find them, and if they do, the finder is allowed to whack the previously hidden goblin with a club.

If you want to hide roll a stealth check. If you want to try to find someone that is hiding roll a perception check. I may give out a bonus depending on what you describe beyond just making a roll, you have 10 turns worth of actions that you can use to plan how you hide.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-20, 06:06 AM
Mistyped it. See OOC thread

After eating the slug, Garnik has no desire to search through the woods. He quickly volunteers to hide and runs off into the woods without waiting to hear the rules.

He finds a hill and uses mold earth to dig a 10' tunnel. He then uses one of the 5' cubes of dirt to seal the entrance from the inside. He falls asleep, takes long rest, and goes back to camp in the morning before dawn. He has done this frequently in the past when he wants a good night sleep. In fact, there are dozens of piles of dirt all around the village from where he has either done this or hidden vials of oil. No one else knows why the piles of dirt are there.

Ramsus
2019-12-20, 01:07 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin
Conditions: Poisoned

Moldsnax immediately books it into the marsh.

Ok so she just flat out runs at first. Then if she spots any goblin tracks (she would have gone in a direction this is likely) she steps into those to make it seem like that's still her tracks. Then she gets off those tracks and goes in another direction, removing her tracks as she goes and hides behind/in some unpleasant shrub or bush goblins find unpleasant.
And if someone does find her she'll claim she found them before they can say anything and try to knock them out.

Survival: [roll0] [roll1]
Stealth: [roll2] [roll3]

KAmber
2019-12-20, 10:06 PM
Keteren is gonna become a seeker and wait for all the other goblins to leave and look before he searches.

igordragonian
2019-12-22, 03:36 AM
Out: I have issues with the MW, but I think I didb't had stealth, and dex gave me +2
-----

"Invisibilty!!!" Kharry roar, and run to fun a hideout.

[roll0]+2

Izzarra
2020-01-03, 12:49 AM
Garnik disappears from camp.

Nobody finds you, however you sleep through the the rest of the festivities as well as the reward.
Keteren manages to locate and sneak up on Kharry before delivering a bonk on the head.

dealing 1 damage
Moldsnax is able to evade all of the seekers.

After the horn is sounded the chief rewards Moldsnax with the mystical Ring That Lets You Climb Real Good

Ring of Climbing, Same effect as slippers of spider climbing
"Now it is time for the final event, the trial of The Rusty Earbiter."

The infamous Rusty Earbiter is a hollow coil of rusty wires, barrel hoops, bent swords, and thorny branches and vines. So named for the fact that it's claimed a number of goblin ears in the past.

Those who agree to this dare must climb into one end of the Rusty Earbiter and then wriggle through it, coming out the other side. There’s no time limit to get this done, but the faster the better! Climbing through the Rusty Earbiter requires a series of three Acrobatics checks as the goblin must writhe through a series of tight squeezes. Each check takes 1 full round to attempt, and each one must be repeated until a successful check is made before moving on to the next one (or, in the case of the last check, successfully crawling out the far end of the tube). If you fail more than three checks, the other goblins get bored, throw a few small rocks, and you have to be helped out.

So for this make an initiative roll to determine who goes first, then make 6 acrobatics checks. This contraption was designed for normal goblins so medium sized goblinoids have disadvantage.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-03, 03:46 AM
Garnik disappears from camp.

Oops. Let me know when Garnik can come back.

igordragonian
2020-01-03, 04:16 AM
Kharry groan.
'Kharry need to improve his invisibility spell. Good thing it happened with allies, rather with filthy humans.' he admit his defeat respectfully as he can.

Kharry of course take up on the challenge.
"HASTE!" he yell and start to run

-----

intiative
[roll0]+2

Acrobatic/ HASTE with disadvantage!

1)[roll1]+2
[roll2]+2

2)[roll3]+2
[roll4]+2

3)[roll5]+2
[roll6]+2

4)[roll7]+2
[roll8]+2

5)[roll9]+2
[roll10]+2

6)[roll11]+2
[roll12]+2

Ramsus
2020-01-03, 12:11 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin
Conditions: Poisoned

Moldsnax dances around happily for a while after receiving her prize a shiny black and red gold ring! She didn't even know gold came in other colors. After a while she gets confused by this since gold is the name for the color of itself but now somehow it's also not itself.... but is!?

Fortunately the next contest comes around (and she's drunk) so she gets snapped out of her mental endless loop.

Edit: Initiative: 21

Does Disengaging as a bonus action each round help? :smalltongue:

Acrobatics: [roll0]
disadvantage: [roll1]

Acrobatics: [roll2]
disadvantage: [roll3]

Acrobatics: [roll4]
disadvantage: [roll5]

Acrobatics: [roll6]
disadvantage: [roll7]

Acrobatics: [roll8]
disadvantage: [roll9]

Acrobatics: [roll10]
disadvantage: [roll11]

KAmber
2020-01-03, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Moldsnax is a small sized goblin and wouldn't get disadvantage, so you might have to reroll.
Keteren doesn't have a big stake in winning or participating in challenges, and just watches. This is fun.

Spore
2020-01-04, 02:11 AM
Zigvaz looked in arrogance at the further contests. This chieftain would give out his most valuable artifacts to morons who would entertain him? What did this charade prove? He missed the hiding contest because he was mostly unsure if he could keep the slugs down. But then it hit him.

Gutwad was a genius. Well, nota genius but Zigvaz got his approach. While his tribe of sadistic and tactically advanced goblins was wiped out due to being weaker than a few well equipped human adventurers, this tribe's approach was different. Gutwad weeded out the weak, those who hid poorly, the poor hunters and now these who would injure themselves in combat. That was no festival, these were war games.

Seeing how the taller goblins struggled with the drilling range gave him an idea. What if he could ensure their friendship with a small gift? Well, maybe not gift but a rental. He approached the spiky tunnel next.

Init: [roll0]
Acrobatics:
[roll1][roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5][roll6]

Izzarra
2020-01-07, 01:00 AM
Moldsnax is first to scramble into the The Rusty Earbiter but is only able to make it through a quarter of the contraption before getting stuck and has to be pulled out.

Zigvaz is next in and manages to make it through with only two minor hangups.

Moldsnax takes 3 damage.
Zigvaz takes 1 damage.
@KAmber, Moldsnax has disadvantage for being drunk (poisoned).

After the daring display of nimbleness by Zigvaz. The chief says "You are most good in tight space. You get to use my personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful."

This is a robe of useful items that has only four patches left: a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe, and a bullhorn.

After more drinking and celebration the goblins of the Licktoad tribe pass out or fall asleep for the night.

The next morning Garnik wanders into camp well rested.

You are brought before the chief one last time before you depart. "You are to get fireworks and bring them here to me." He has Slorb hand out the last of Scribbleface’s fireworks before you go.

2 Desnan candles - When lit, this foot-long wooden tube launches a flaming pyrotechnic “candle” every round for 4 rounds. Each projectile deals 1d4 points of fire damage if it hits; on a critical hit, the target is also blinded for 1 round. The projectiles shed light as candles for 1 round and have a range of 10/20 feet.

4 paper candles - This finger-sized explosive detonates noisily 1 round after lighting. Anyone in the same square as a paper candle when it explodes must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be blinded for 1d4 rounds.

1 skyrocket - When lit, this foot-long wooden tube begins to shake and emit a handful of white sparks, shedding light as a torch. One round later it takes flight, moving in a straight line with a fly speed of 90 for 1d6 rounds before loudly exploding in an burst of light and sound, dealing 2d6 points of fire damage in a 10-foot burst (DC 15 Dexterity save for half). If a skyrocket impacts a solid surface or a creature before reaching its maximum range, it detonates prematurely at the point of impact. Anyone who takes damage from the explosion is either blinded and/or deafened (a 50% chance of either) for 1 round.

After a few hours of traveling through the swamp you come to some narrow bridges that you need to cross.

Players enter the map at the bottom left.
The bridges are only wide enough for one at a time and they look like they are a little rotten.

https://i.redd.it/7vhgvuq81eq11.jpg

igordragonian
2020-01-07, 01:52 AM
If no one stop him, Kharry at the very least take the "firebal"-Skyrocket.

When the arrive at the swamps, Kharry puff his chest.
"Let's charge!'

Ramsus
2020-01-07, 02:49 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax bonks Kharry lightly on the head with her horsechopper, though not hard enough to actually do damage. "No charging into woods and into brambles and many-legs! That how make less gobs. You follow Moldsnax. I know swamp like.... back of.... uh...... thing I know good!"

Having said that, Moldsnax doesn't actually go anywhere quite yet. Rather she looks around for any tracks. Either for things to avoid or tasty things to eat.

Survival: [roll0]
I'd happily roll again for advantage if anyone says they'd like to have been Helping. Unless someone else has better than a +5?

igordragonian
2020-01-07, 04:37 AM
Kharry nod. Accepting the bomp.
"Big plan. Kharry help!"
And walking by Moldsnax, to point her things he find intresting.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-07, 06:36 AM
Garnik (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2052101)

Garnik shakes with excitement at the thought of blowing up everything with these new fireworks. He pulls out a lit match and walks over to the collection, calming down only after he is held back and the match removed from his hands. He can't stop staring at them, though, until someone else claims the fireworks and stores them.

He has firebolt and create bonfire so doesn't really need any fireworks. Someone else take them please.

Here are some rolls if we need them.

Perception: [roll0]

Survival: [roll1]

Acrobatics, if needed, for the bridges: [roll2]

Spore
2020-01-07, 07:58 AM
There you go, a robe for the mighty wizard. Zigvaz announces the gift to Kharry. While the self appointed leader was uneasy with being this close to goblins and explosives, it was better for everyone involved that he handed them out on important occasions. He leaves the big rocket in Kharry's care though.

As he approaches the bridge, he tells the others to wait. I'll check out the vicinity. This is a perfect place for an ambush, we should be careful.

Zigvaz sneaks ahead.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Izzarra
2020-01-08, 12:38 AM
Zigvaz quietly moves across the narrow bridge, some of the planks are a little spongy and almost give out, but he makes it to the other side without falling in the water. As he examines the surroundings he hears several critters in the area frogs and bugs and such. Most of the trees and brush in the area have webbing on them, but it is hard to tell how old it is.

Moldsnax knows that some of the webs are old and some of them are fresh, but there are so many it is hard to tell where the fresh ones come from and go to. There are several tasty fishys, frogs, and mushrooms in the area.

Ramsus
2020-01-08, 01:57 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax gathers up some of the goodies (fish, frogs, and mushrooms) so that they can all have a snack later. She just throws all of them into the same sack together.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-08, 08:41 AM

Garnik helps gathering food and continues to follow Zigvaz over the bridges, making sure we are headed in the direction of our destination. He mostly pops the food directly into his mouth instead of the bag, but manages to save a little for later.

Izzarra
2020-01-09, 02:12 AM
After gathering some food Moldsnax and Garnik attempt to cross the first bridge. However, it gives out and they fall into the water. The loud noise disturbs the surroundings and you see ripples in the water headed towards you.

Roll Initiative.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-09, 08:24 AM

Garnik splashes into the water, laughing at first until he sees the ripples heading towards us.

"Look out!" he shouts, pointing at the oncoming disturbance.

initiative: [roll0]

Questions:
How deep is the water here? How close are we to shore?

What do we expect would be in the water in this area?

igordragonian
2020-01-09, 11:55 AM
"Do not worry! You have Wizard smasher here!!" Kharry roared.

---

Intative [roll0]+2

Bobthewizard
2020-01-10, 12:07 AM

Garnik flails about and splashes in the muddy water. Suddenly, the mud under Moldsnax rises and pushes her to shore. Garnik, left behind, struggles to move in the thick mud. Slight panic in his eyes, he turns to the approaching menace, raising his shield and dogslicer in defense.

He used his action to cast move earth and failed both of his STR checks so he's stuck. I'm not sure if Moldsnax made it to shore or if I only got her closer. Hopefully, Moldsnax is still in range to help fight off whatever attacks Garnik. If it or they hit me, I'll cast shield with my reaction.

KAmber
2020-01-10, 01:34 AM
Keteren nabs the rest of the fireworks because nobody else wanted to take them.

Keteren curses in Orcish and just barely steps back from the bridge as it collapses.
[roll0]

Ramsus
2020-01-10, 01:52 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax, who normally experiences the world as if the ground decides on its own to move around under her feet, doesn't really seem to register what Garnik did for her. But she does register the aggressive snacks that have gotten confused and decided that in soviet russia rivers fish eat goblins. And so she tries to spear them with her horse-chopper (which apparently is also a fish-spearer?) as she tries to pry herself out of the sticky mud.

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
if crit: [roll2]

"Unarmed"* attack: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]
if crit: [roll5]

Attempting to move: [roll6]

(*quotation because as GM ruled before I'm permitted to do this attack with reach with my weapon)

Spore
2020-01-10, 01:44 PM
Zigvaz displays himself in the middle of the island, with his magical weapon in hand. Come and get someone who is prepared you cowards. he taunts the unseen.

KAmber
2020-01-11, 12:53 AM
[roll0] Initiative (reroll since it didnt work first time)

Bobthewizard
2020-01-11, 07:00 AM

Stuck in the mud, the panic in Garnik's eyes disipates as he focuses on the task at hand. He readies his dog slicer, bringing it down on the first fish to approach him.

This assumes that my mold earth was before the fight. If that is my first round action, then just save this for round 2.

Attack: [roll0] Edit: If I can add Keteren's Bless to this, could you please add 1d4 for me since I've already rolled on here
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

STR check to move 5': [roll3] (if I can use Acrobatics to escape, that is +3 instead of -1)

KAmber
2020-01-11, 11:57 PM
Keteren casts Bless on Garnik, Moldsnax, and Zigvaz. (One of them will get an extra attack from Voice of Authority as a reaction)

igordragonian
2020-01-12, 12:51 AM
Kharry pull his great double axe. Prepared for fight.
"Dancing Blade!'

Spore
2020-01-12, 01:20 PM
God damn it Garnik. Zigvaz charges forward, piercing the waters with the fierce determination of warlords and emperors. Unsure whether this impulse comes from Keteren's spell or simple onsetting insanity, the sly goblin attacks.

[roll0]+ [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] + [roll4]
[roll5]

Izzarra
2020-01-14, 08:33 PM
The hungry fish swim towards Garnik and start nibbling.

Zigvaz jumps into the water and hacks at the fish slaying two of them.

Moldsnax takes a clumsy swing with a horse-chopper but then recovers and is able to reach into the water and snatch a fish out.

By the time Kharry gets to the edge of the water there are no more fish to attack.

Garnik takes 3 damage.
Moldsnax and Zigvaz are adjacent to the shore and will need to extract themselves from the mud.
Garnik is in the center of the gap.
Kharry and Keteren need to get across.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-14, 08:44 PM

"Fish! This is treat!" he exclaims excitedly, forgetting that they just tried to kill him. He continues to struggle to get out of the water but doesn't seem to mind taking his time.

If there's no hurry he will just keep trying to get out until he succeeds. If the others jump in the water and get stuck, he will use mold earth to push them along to the other side. If everyone else gets to the other side and is waiting for him, only then will he use mold earth to push himself out, never realizing that he's the one casting the spell.

If more fish are coming and you ever need him to roll, let me know, or roll for him if you want.

Spore
2020-01-15, 04:45 AM
Get out of here, you fat slob. Zigvaz moans before slashing at the fish another time.

[roll0] + [roll1]
[roll2]

Ramsus
2020-01-18, 12:57 AM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Once they have collected their fish and everyone is unstuck from the mud, Moldsnax (tries) to lead the way forward. Still trying not to make too much noise to avoid alerting any many-legs or scaring away tasty things.

KAmber
2020-01-18, 02:19 AM
Keteren finds a way down to the riverbank, then taps his crossbow on the ground. "Anyone mind getting me over there?" With the other hand, he rotates his hand facing his cohorts. "And yes, fish sounds good."

Bobthewizard
2020-01-18, 06:06 AM

Garnik starts waving his hands at Keteren (somatic compnent) and encouraging Keteren to jump in the water. The ground swells under Keteren and thrusts him into the water. Once in the water, the process repeats until Keteren finds himself lifted onto the far shore, wet and muddy, but unharmed. Garnik looks as surprised as everyone.

"That was so cool. How'd you do that?" he says too Keteren.

igordragonian
2020-01-19, 05:10 PM
Kharry look dissapointed.
"No kills for Kharry. Hmph.'

KAmber
2020-01-20, 12:55 PM
Keteren tries to shake off the rest of the mud from Garnik's ploy, then shrugs and starts cutting up the fish.

Izzarra
2020-01-21, 02:26 AM
After a minute or two Garnik manages to get everyone through the mud.

However all of the commotion has drawn the attention of something much more dangerous then the fish.

From up in the trees a spray of webbing shots down hitting Moldsnax as Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many comes down for a snack.

Moldsnax is restrained.
Webbing can be cut with a weapon or broken with a Strength check.
Characters are in the middle of the island.
The spider is 10 ft up the tree on the bottom of the island.

https://i.redd.it/7vhgvuq81eq11.jpg

Bobthewizard
2020-01-21, 08:06 AM

Garnik pulls a small black round bomb out of his tattered clothes. The fuse is already lit. He hurls the bomb at the spider and there is a great explosion, igniting the web.

The bomb is him casting Create Bonfire (https://www.dnd-spells.com/spell/create-bonfire) to burn the web out from under the spider. Then it makes a DC13 DEX save or takes 1d8 damage.

KAmber
2020-01-22, 09:19 AM
Keteren's gonna use the ready action to cast Toll the Dead on Lotslegs as soon as Lotslegs takes damage.

Ramsus
2020-01-22, 01:53 PM
Drunk Monk Goblin

Moldsnax flails around wildly as she tries to slice the webs with the end of her horsechopper and gnaw them with her teeth.

Damage: [roll0]
unarmed damage: [roll1]

Spore
2020-01-22, 10:52 PM
Apparently Gutwad expects us to kill his garden pets too.

Zigvaz swings his weapon confidently.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Izzarra
2020-01-24, 01:32 AM
Garnik lights the tree an webbing that the spider is in on fire causing it to fall to the ground. Shortly after that the sound of a goblin war gong fills the air as Zigvaz charges forward and slashes at it.

The spider squirms a bit, then manages to get up and sink its fangs into Zigvaz.

Moldsnax manages to cut free of the webbing.

Rolled for Kharry in order to keep things going, got a nat 1.
Spider looks like it is in really bad shape, one more hit might take it down.
Zigvaz takes 8 piercing damage and 8 poison damage. No need for death saves spider venom is incapable of killing, you are stable and paralyzed for 1 hour. Healing will not end the paralyzation.

Bobthewizard
2020-01-24, 08:36 AM

Garnik pulls out his dogslicer and charges the spider, hacking at it's body, screaming "Get off my friend! Leave us alone! No more eat goblin babies!"

Attack with booming blade

[roll0]
damage [roll1]
booming blade if it moves [roll2]

igordragonian
2020-01-26, 06:16 PM
Kharry roar
"I cast AXE!" and try to slash the closest spider.

-----

attack
[roll0]+6
[roll1]+4

Izzarra
2020-01-26, 06:43 PM
After Garnik plunges his blade into the spider it begins thrashing around for a while then collapses dead.

That fight went much faster then I was expecting, it failed every save.
Zigvaz is at 0 hp but stable and paralyzed. Healing will not remove the paralyzation, it will end after one hour.

This might be my last post to this IC thread as almost everybody has said that they are willing to move to discord in one place or another.
Once we get final confirmation, I will set up a dice bot and some new channels on Discord and the next scene will probably happen there.