PDA

View Full Version : Free Guy Trailer (Ryan Reynolds)

Traab
2019-12-07, 04:18 PM
This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJ-t_nmlqY) is the trailer for his newest film. I have to admit, i find it an interesting idea. It feels like a variation of the truman show meets a video game universe. The part I both like and dislike is, its ryan reynolds playing ryan reynolds. I love his personality, dont get me wrong, its just, it seems to be the character he plays in a lot of films from van wilder to deadpool, to this. You will pretty much never mistake him for another actor.

Palanan
2019-12-07, 07:25 PM
Hard pass. Glitzy effects, tons of action, but feels like a mashup of half a dozen things that I can't quite remember.

In fact, it feels like a live-action version of Wreck-It Ralph, dialed up to PG-13 and without the insufferably cute glitch. And I just don't need that.

t209
2019-12-08, 12:18 AM
Anyone remember Mogworld by Ben Yahtzee?
Since it deal with an NPC in an MMO, albeit being WoW expy.

HandofShadows
2019-12-08, 11:31 AM
Looks more like a parody to me. A NPC in a game of GTA becomes sentient and tries to be the hero.

JoshL
2019-12-11, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'm on board for this. Should be fun, and I like different takes on NPC sentience. My favorite will always be Avalon by Mamoru Oshii. At first it seems like a dystopian world where the characters are playing an immersive video game, but slowly you come to understand that the characters you see are all npcs. Then things really get going!