PDA

View Full Version : Paradox Imperator - Is it good yet?

Cikomyr
2019-12-09, 11:39 AM
So while talking about the importance of supplies logistics in war, my friend casually mentioned that good logistics and roads are what allows him to win wars in Imperator, which switched the topic over that game.

He told me it got a lot better since the release - like all Paradox games I suppose. I wanted to check with the community here if there were others fans that could give us a fair assessment of the quality of the game at this point.

Narkis
2019-12-09, 12:45 PM
You're unlucky, they had a free weekend that just ended. You could have tried the game yourself yesterday.

As for the game, I played a few hours during said weekend. I really liked the logistics and food systems. Combat was some sort of weird remix of EU4 that I didn't quite get, but had my archers and light cavalry annihilated all comers regardless. I don't think my heavy infantry got the chance to engage once during my unification of Italy. I found the character system vestigial and easily ignored. Diplomacy was a slightly simplified version of EU4's, and therefore serviceable. But everything regarding the economy, trade routes, pops, buildings and provinces was weird and micromanagement heavy.

Those are my first impressions, so it's possible I'm just missing things. From what I saw, the game has the potential to become better than EU4, but not quite as good as CK2. But it's not there yet, and it probably won't be for a while.

Driderman
2019-12-09, 04:01 PM
Played it for 5-6 hours during the free weekend and wasn't particularly impressed. It wasn't really good, it wasn't really bad either, just rather bland. The game has a lot of options and "mana"-types that mostly just boil down to "click for small bonus" and the character system seemed like it was best just to ignore as much as possible. Game looks pretty though