PDA

View Full Version : Thougts on my cohort-to-be

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-20, 07:13 AM
Hello to all. I will be taking Leadership as my feat for the next level, and would like advice as to levels.
Currently in the (gestalt) part are:
Myself - Favoured Soul5//Hexblade2/Rogue3

Yes, I am the only PC, hence I am taking Leadership.
I was thinking a warblade focusing on the Diamond Mind for him, but would like advice on him in a couple areas.
1. Good feats for him (aside from Power Attack, Leap Attack, etc. . .)
2. What should his other classes be for the other side?
3. I was thinking on having him PrC into Eternal Blade, and maybe drop out at some point, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!:smallsmile:

BardicDuelist
2007-10-20, 09:10 AM
Out of curiosity, why won't your DM just let you play multiple characters if you are the only player, rather than make you waste a feat (while leadership is overpowered, it is only so when you decide to make an army with somthing like a bard) and play a second character, but a lower level one?

Other than that, it sounds like the offensive punch could really help you out. Warblade seems to be a good choice. Perhaps beguiler, factotum, or artificer would be a good choice on the other side? Unless, that is, you want to go Warblade//Wizard and have yourself overshadowed by your cohort.:smallwink:

Actually, I think artificer is the best choice for the otherside, as your cohort making magic items that you can use can keep your main character in the spotlight.

Doresain
2007-10-20, 10:37 AM
Actually, I think artificer is the best choice for the otherside, as your cohort making magic items that you can use can keep your main character in the spotlight.

that and blast rod

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-20, 11:17 AM
Out of curiosity, why won't your DM just let you play multiple characters if you are the only player, rather than make you waste a feat (while leadership is overpowered, it is only so when you decide to make an army with somthing like a bard) and play a second character, but a lower level one?

I'm not sure about that one. But Artificer? OK, I'll review the class. Thanks!
Anybody have answers for questiong number 3?

Xefas
2007-10-20, 11:35 AM
Mmmm, well, in an unrelated note, I'm wondering why you took Hexblade 2/Rogue 3 and not Hexblade 3/Rogue 2, but that's beside the point.

Warblade//Wizard just straight up, no Eternal Blade will be extremely powerful. You can take Eternal Blade if you want, but it really isn't necessary, and I'm personally not all that fond of the PrC myself; mostly because I can't help but imagine that damnable spirit guide as a tiny point of light with little fairy wings screaming "Hey, listen!" at you whenever you use something like Eternal Knowledge. ("Hey, listen!" yOu-GoT-tHe-DODGE BONUS!)

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-20, 12:01 PM
My next level in the non-favoured soul is going to be hexblade. Rogue is, in my opinion, better suited to my job (investigator), background, and it's just an overall better class.