PDA

View Full Version : Civil Servant

ZMiles
2019-12-11, 03:29 AM
Looking at the front page of the new book, it lists the other OotS stories that have been published. One caught my eye: "Civil Servant," the third entry under the prequels heading. There's a Belkar short story called "Uncivil Servant," but I couldn't recall an OotS story titled "Civil Servant" having been published. And--seeing as how one of the remaining short stories from the pledge drive is the one featuring the Cliffport police, and police are government workers and thus a type of civil servant--it occurred to me that this might be a clue towards another short story titled "Civil Servant".

Does anyone know more details about this? Is it just a typo for the Belkar story, was a new story released, or is this a hint at an upcoming story?

The Pilgrim
2019-12-11, 05:05 AM
"Uncivil Servant" was a kickstarter reward story featuring Belkar Bitterleaf at some point after his dealings with slavers and his enrollment into the Orden. It was distributed among the backers of the Kickstarter and not yet included into any compilation to my knowledge.

Grey Watcher
2019-12-11, 09:26 AM
I assumed it was a case of autocorrect doing its thing and failing to realize that no, "uncivil" was not a mistake.

Rogar Demonblud
2019-12-11, 12:14 PM
Unlikely. Uncivil is actually a word.

Peelee
2019-12-11, 12:42 PM
Unlikely. Uncivil is actually a word.

Theres a lot of words my autocorrect assumes I dont want to actually use.

Grey Watcher
2019-12-11, 01:11 PM
Theres a lot of words my autocorrect assumes I dont want to actually use.

My autocorrect has taken to trying to turn "its" (possessive) into "it's" (contraction of "it is"). And that's before we get into any gaps in the vocabulary of the default dictionary. I can't think of any of the top of my head, but I've run into plenty of words where it didn't like "un," "non," or some similar as prefix and insisted on trying to correct it.

Rogar Demonblud
2019-12-11, 03:28 PM
Really, autocorrect and autocomplete should be uninstalled at the first opportunity.